Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana & USA, at least we're guaranteed a bit of an unexpected side reaching the last 4. My money's on USA.

Uruguay for me. They are a cut above the other three, and they are the only team to have an actual match winning player in Forlan.

They're a hell of a lot more able to fight and rise to the occasion compared to the English team. The English team is just bogged down by expectation and lack of confidence imo.

100%

And if Lampard starts next game I'm going to be livid! What's the point of him in there?! Hes been awful, and just takes our best player out of the game!

The most important pass in our team is Gerrard to Rooney.

Get Gerrard in the centre with Carrick or Barry. If he wants to get people down the line to put crosses in then play decent wingers. Milner played well but we all know and are best place to say, more often than not, Milner in that position is a waste. If not, play Gerrard off Rooney.

I think Cappello's decisions have been well off. Big mistakes in who he'd taken for a start off, big mistakes in selection and tactics, and the biggest factor, we arent a good a team as we've made out. Not by a long way. We aren't a team really, there doesn't seem to be any cohesion or understanding there, anyone who knows hoe 'England' play. Just a bunch of players crowbarred into a team.

Lampard out!

They're a hell of a lot more able to fight and rise to the occasion compared to the English team. The English team is just bogged down by expectation and lack of confidence imo.

100%

And if Lampard starts next game I'm going to be livid! What's the point of him in there?! Hes been awful, and just takes our best player out of the game!

Get Gerrard in the centre with Carrick or Barry. If he wants to get people down the line to put crosses in then play decent wingers. Milner played well but we all know and are best place to say, more often than not, Milner in that position is a waste. If not, play Gerrard off Rooney.

I think Cappello's decisions have been well off. Big mistakes in who he'd taken for a start off, big mistakes in selection and tactics, and the biggest factor, we arent a good a team as we've made out. Not by a long way. We aren't a team really, there doesn't seem to be any cohesion or understanding there, anyone who knows hoe 'England' play. Just a bunch of players crowbarred into a team.

Lampard out!

Wasn't it Lampard who done that awesome pass to Rooney for his 'hit the post' chance? Among others.

Lampard was decent. Given the fact he is playing a limited role I've been happy with him. Must be annoying playing second fiddle to Gerrard. If Gerrard plays off Rooney there is space for both of them imo.

100%

Lampard out!

Wasn't it Lampard who done that awesome pass to Rooney for his 'hit the post' chance? Among others.

Lampard was decent. Given the fact he is playing a limited role I've been happy with him. Must be annoying playing second fiddle to Gerrard. If Gerrard plays off Rooney there is space for both of them imo.

Aye, agree he should play then. But not if we're playing 4-4-2. Gerrard in the centre is the only way for us to progress

Glad to see some of you guys respecting the US a bit.  :thup:

It's so crazy that the greatest moment of my sporting life I wasn't able to see live. It still makes it that much more amazing, everyone freaking out, and this guy just bringing it up on his phone, it was the stuff of legend. I'll tell that story forever. Everyone in the whole place lost their mind, waiters and bartenders joined in on the jumping around too, fantastic stuff.

Btw, for anyone saying the Americans don't care about the sport, this link is for you. It may be true actually that footie is well down on the list of sports people care about here, but it's also undoubtedly true that the entire country is thoroughly engrossed with the World Cup. This was all taking place before noon, as early as 7 AM on the west coast, impressive to see the quantity of people out at incredibly packed bars (I know, I was part of the crowd in Nevada Smith's in one of those videos, it was insane):

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/across-the-u-s-an-explosion-of-joy/

Those are quality  :snod: I wonder if this tournament will be a turning point for football over there. America doing well will do more than Beckham ever did. Isn't the World Cup great?  :smitten:

Turning point? That came back in 1990.

We've got a long, loooong way to go still.

:smitten:

No other feeling like it. The 'USA USA USA' chant is fucking annoying, though. Sing a song, you boring bastards.

Btw, for anyone saying the Americans don't care about the sport, this link is for you. It may be true actually that footie is well down on the list of sports people care about here, but it's also undoubtedly true that the entire country is thoroughly engrossed with the World Cup. This was all taking place before noon, as early as 7 AM on the west coast, impressive to see the quantity of people out at incredibly packed bars (I know, I was part of the crowd in Nevada Smith's in one of those videos, it was insane):

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/across-the-u-s-an-explosion-of-joy/

Those are quality  :snod: I wonder if this tournament will be a turning point for football over there. America doing well will do more than Beckham ever did. Isn't the World Cup great?  :smitten:

Turning point? That came back in 1990.

We've got a long, loooong way to go still.

:smitten:

No other feeling like it. The 'USA USA USA' chant is fucking annoying, though. Sing a song, you boring bastards.

Every video I watched has that, as did my bar. I think it's just too spur of the moment for us to sing, nor do I think many people actually know what our songs are.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see the the problem with 'U.S.A' as a chant. It's inevitable, every time Newcastle score we get 'New-Ca-Sul etc etc' and when England do we get the same, but 'Ing-ger-land'

Love Italy to slip up here but unfortunately Slovakia are shite.

New Zealand weren't world beaters by any stretch of imagination <_<

Aye but I can't see the Slovaks winning which will be necessary to eliminate the Zips.

Love Italy to slip up here but unfortunately Slovakia are shite.

Less of that Disco boy, or I'll send mia famiglia round. Comprendere?

Forza Italia. Love this anthem. "Brothers of Italy, Italy has awoken", I just hope they do wake up or it'll be curtains.

Got to go pick the kids up from school now though so will have to watch it on V+ when I get back.

Guest Spark

Italian national anthem is immense.

love it want italy to stay in just for that

The end translates as

"Let us band together, We are ready to die, Italy has called us."

Awesome Anthem

Ours is embarrassing in comparison.