Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cambiasso is overrated though. Good defensively, a nothing player when it comes to distribution or movement.

He's the defensive midfielder for the team that has just won the Champions League, I don't think he's overrated at all. And even if he is, it's moot because he's still way better, and more effective than Veron.

But Veron doesn't play defensive midfielder for Argentina.

Macherano does, so it'd be his spot that Cambiasso would take surely?

Obviously it's ridiculous he's not in the squad, mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Cambiasso is overrated though. Good defensively, a nothing player when it comes to distribution or movement.

He's the defensive midfielder for the team that has just won the Champions League, I don't think he's overrated at all. And even if he is, it's moot because he's still way better, and more effective than Veron.

To me it looks like Mascherano and Veron are both DMs, with Veron sometimes getting forward, but I don't see what he does other than look past it.

To me it looks like Mascherano and Veron are both DMs, with Veron sometimes getting forward, but I don't see what he does other than look past it.

Maradona loves him though cos he bosses it in Argentina and Maradona loves Argentina.

Re the CL, that's partly why he's overrated. Being part of a CL winning team doesn't mean you're a great footballer. Take Nicky Butt for example.

Can't agree that it's a mute point, given that Mascherano is a far better defensive midfielder and Veron is easily better at distributing the ball and creating chances than Cambiasso. Maybe you could argue that he should at least be in the squad, but then it depends on how Maradona wants Argentina to play. Cambiasso in the past few years isn't the same one that was part of the Argentina 2006 team imo, he sits back too much nowadays with mediocre movement and looks awkward whenever Inter are in possession. That's just based on what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a great deal outside of CL and a few big Serie A games, but I can see why Maradona doesn't fancy him at all.

Maradona loves him though cos he bosses it in Argentina and Maradona loves Argentina.

If that was the case Messi would not have played as he has not played senior football in Argentina. If it was down to love Kun would have got a game.

Guest firetotheworks

Re the CL, that's partly why he's overrated. Being part of a CL winning team doesn't mean you're a great footballer. Take Nicky Butt for example.

Can't agree that it's a mute point, given that Mascherano is a far better defensive midfielder and Veron is easily better at distributing the ball and creating chances than Cambiasso. Maybe you could argue that he should at least be in the squad, but then it depends on how Maradona wants Argentina to play. Cambiasso in the past few years isn't the same one that was part of the Argentina 2006 team imo, he sits back too much nowadays and looks awkward whenever Inter are in possession. That's just based on what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a great deal outside of CL and a few big Serie A games, but I can see why Maradona doesn't fancy him at all.

I'll just save some time and say that I disagree with all of this. Especially considering you've admitted you haven't seen that much of Cambiasso.

Looks to me like he's supposed to be the one who drops deep and takes it from the defense and dictates the play from deep.

Not sure Cambiasso is suited to that role tbh, as has been said he doesn't do much from an attacking perspective.

Can't agree that it's a mute point, given that Mascherano is a far better defensive midfielder and Veron is easily better at distributing the ball and creating chances than Cambiasso. Maybe you could argue that he should at least be in the squad, but then it depends on how Maradona wants Argentina to play. Cambiasso in the past few years isn't the same one that was part of the Argentina 2006 team imo, he sits back too much nowadays and looks awkward whenever Inter are in possession. That's just based on what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a great deal outside of CL and a few big Serie A games, but I can see why Maradona doesn't fancy him at all.

He was absolutely woeful for an Argentinian side who well off qualifying before Maradona took charge n all. Still should at least be in the squad like. I'd probably have him in the team ahead of Veron but I'd have Riquelme in there too.

It's obvious what's Nigeria's problem, they lack Shola power.

Telling me Sholzinho isn't better than Odemwingie?

What the fuck man? :lol: I am clearly saying he's better than their entire team put together. :thup:

It's obvious what's Nigeria's problem, they lack Shola power.

Telling me Sholzinho isn't better than Odemwingie?

What the fuck man? :lol: I am clearly saying he's better than their entire team put together. :thup:

Yeah, that's what I was saying too.