Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just don't know how you can wake up every day and be annoyed at the same thing, Phil. It's the summer ffs, forget about it.

Well, you have certainly.

Let's just wait til it happens next season OK ?

Then do you mind if I gently remind you ? ;)

I'm not denying the press will be on our backs next season, man! I'm just saying how much can you sodding talk about it, even when it's not even happening?! Do you reckon Chiles was going "I know what'll piss the Newcastle fans off... talking about fans crying... and not mentioning that some sections of the press insist only Newcastle fans cry..."

It would only cross your mind. You're such hard work ffs. :lol:

Did you look that up before typing it?

Of course. Got a bad habit of pressing post and then realizing I need to edit.

Don't you sometimes ? Amazed if you don't.

Amazed that you don't delete most of your posts altogether tbh, you're insane.

I just don't know how you can wake up every day and be annoyed at the same thing, Phil.  It's the summer ffs, forget about it.

I'm not denying the press will be on our backs next season, man!  I'm just saying how much can you sodding talk about it, even when it's not even happening?!  Do you reckon Chiles was going "I know what'll piss the Newcastle fans off... talking about fans crying... and not mentioning that some sections of the press insist only Newcastle fans cry..."

It would only cross your mind.  You're such hard work ffs. :lol:

i can't remember the press making out that only newcastle fans cry. (i remember nufc fans taunting man utd fans with it after some were televised crying at the last game of the season at west ham a few years back when a draw cost them the championship)

Guest Phil K

I just don't know how you can wake up every day and be annoyed at the same thing, Phil.  It's the summer ffs, forget about it.

I'm not denying the press will be on our backs next season, man!  I'm just saying how much can you sodding talk about it, even when it's not even happening?!  Do you reckon Chiles was going "I know what'll piss the Newcastle fans off... talking about fans crying... and not mentioning that some sections of the press insist only Newcastle fans cry..."

Its not that at all. Be honest, you just joined those making most noise.

Plenty do.

I mean - I also pointed out Kev Keegans quote there. Ive said (and plenty others have) said the same thing over and over and over and over etc etc - but no-one screams abuse at someone saying it, nor did they even mention it when I did.

Its a matter of perspective mate.

No nastiness intended (which is more than can be said the other way of course !) :D

Guest Phil K
i can't remember the press making out that only newcastle fans cry. (i remember nufc fans taunting man utd fans with it after some were televised crying at the last game of the season at west ham a few years back when a draw cost them the championship)

Even been in a football book, madras, mate. "“50 people who fouled up football” was done in the Times halfway through last year. We were in about 3 times and "crying geordies" was one. Freelance journo/author called Michael Henderson i think.

Was that in paticular which sort of...lit the fires shall we say ? ;)

Any football fans that cry get the piss taken out of them by other fans and some parts of the media.

I dunno if thats so. I do agree rival fans take the p*ss. Its the first time I ever saw active p*ss taking in the media, I'd say.

Anyways - some say enough, and I'll have to agree. But let's see how long we wait or IF it happens again,. shall we ? :)

Its not that at all. Be honest, you just joined those making most noise.

Plenty do.

I mean - I also pointed out Kev Keegans quote there. Ive said (and plenty others have) said the same thing over and over and over and over etc etc - but no-one screams abuse at someone saying it, nor did they even mention it when I did.

Its a matter of perspective mate.

No nastiness intended (which is more than can be said the other way of course !) :D

I'll be moaning about the press when the season comes round and I'll be keeping an eye on them as always.

I just thought we could have a break from it during Brazil-Holland and the World Cup in general.  You know, when nowt's being written about us.  Silly me.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly man, even if you're right why do you even give a shit? Are you really that sensitive?

Guest Phil K

I'll be moaning about the press when the season comes round and I'll be keeping an eye on them as always.

I just thought we could have a break from it during Brazil-Holland and the World Cup in general.  You know, when nowt's being written about us.  Silly me.

Games over. And it was when i made a comment about something TV was saying at the time.

But lets BOTH take your advice, eh ? ;)

Guest Phil K

Talk about the World Cup please.

Certainly. Holland won.

Oh you knew.

Uruguay next game is it ?

Who'd you fancy ?

:D

Addendum:-

Holland's comedic misses throughout the late 2nd half - if they do that again, they'll miss the chance of their lives to win their first elusive WC win.

Guest BooBoo

Superb that Brazil have been dumped out. The daft media wankfest that greets them stringing three passes together is as tedious as it is unjustified.

Guest Phil K

Superb that Brazil have been dumped out. The daft media wankfest that greets them stringing three passes together is as tedious as it is unjustified.

Actually, Adrian Chiles irritates me, and his attitude against Holland and the ref and his bleating about Brazil made me wonder if he'd bet his next 10 years wages on a Brazil win.

Alves is a fucking dick.

The Brazilian Ashley Cole on the football field in his behaviour. Horrible bastard.

Maicon's acted like a bigger cunt than Alves this WC.

Constantly diving and moaning at referees.

Guest Phil K

Oh right. New poll at least.

Er...this is against the rules of the forum isn't it ?

Its as childish as I'd expect, though.

It's Spain and Argentina's to lose now tbh. They're the only teams left worthy of the world title. Any other team wins it and it's a joke really.

Yeah, that whole winning the final definitely means no one but those teams deserve it.

One word: Greece. Actually nah, two words: Greece. Joke.

Sucks, but, they did it, they deserve it. Don't see how Netherlands don't deserve it if they win.

Because being deserving of something has never come into it, but not being deserving of something match after match is taking it a bit far. If they get to the final and really put in a good footballing performance, I'll say they deserve it, but so far they've got where they are through 2 goalkeeping errors, and 2 tap ins from Sneijder. They've shown nothing note-worthy imo.

Two goalkeeping errors Stekelenburg didn't make, and two tap-ins Yakubu would've missed.  :pow:

Can only beat whose put in front of you, regardless of manner. And they've done that, plus beat Brazil, which should make anyone deserved of it.

Guest gggg

Only caught the last five minutes but Huntelaar could have had a hatrick if he wasn't fucking useless. His control and alertness was Shola-esque.

Guest Phil K

Only caught the last five minutes but Huntelaar could have had a hatrick if he wasn't f***ing useless. His control and alertness was Shola-esque.

Couldn't believe some of the missed positions they got into. They should have wrapped it up long before the end

Only caught the last five minutes but Huntelaar could have had a hatrick if he wasn't fucking useless. His control and alertness was Shola-esque.

Wouldn't that mean he would've gotten the hat trick?