Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gggg

Wow.

All i have to say is. There were three teams today

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

Holland were not playing, Holland isn't a country.

:jesuswept:

Would you call the England team The North East or The Midlands?

It's the equivalent.

No it isn't. England fans don't sign songs about the North East. The FA don't call England the North East.

The country is called The Netherlands, Holland is a common name used to describe the western area of The Netherlands.

Go on and tell the Dutch to change their chants and the FA to remove Holland from their website then. They're not bothered about beign called it and do so themselves, why should anyone else be?

The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standards:

Gilberto - Could not get a game at Spurs

Elano - Dumped by Man City

Gilberto - Too old & too slow for Arsenal & Arsne

Baptista - Weg did not want snap him up after loan spell

Kléberson  - Failure at Man Utd

Robinho - had issues at Man City but has looked good at Santos.

I am surprised Mirandinha did not make the squad.

Utter drivel.

Just because a player doesn't cut it in England doesn't make them s***.

They were s***. I will collect my gold star & Blue Peter badge  :lol:

Brazil have got what they deserved the stupid fuckers. Dunga really has messed up here, what with an ocean of talent to pick from, he picks two midfield cloggers. Lovely watching it in the park with a beer and the Germans getting behind Holland for a change (casue they think they can win it now the sneaky fuckers). I said on NO 4/5 years ago that Van Marwicjk (then practically unkown) would make a good toon manager.

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

No it isn't. England fans don't sign songs about the North East. The FA don't call England the North East.

The country is called The Netherlands, Holland is a common name used to describe the western area of The Netherlands.

In the UK Holland is widely accepted as a name for the Netherlands. It is why the Netherlands Tourist board have setup this website http://www.holland.com/uk/ . Also Holland has been used as the name for all the Netherlands before.

Guest Phil K

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

Why are they called "Dutch" then ?

:no: Can't believe Brazil are out. I'm mortified! Not only are we deprived of Spain vs Brazil, but the final is gonna have one shit team in it. Kinda ruins it.  :weep:

It could be Netherlands vs. Spain, Germany and Argentina

yeah, what a crap final that would be

I just don't rate this Dutch team at all. Not in the slightest. Brazil were the best team here.....but it just fell apart in a mad few minutes. Just hope Spain win it now!

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

Why are they called "Dutch" then ?

Because they speak a language called the Dutch I presume, much like we speak English.

Guest Stephen927

Put £20 on Holland to win it at 7/1 before the tournament started, they should make the finals at least now. Was surprised they beat Brazil.

Is Felipe Melo supposed to be good?

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

In the UK Holland is widely accepted as a name for the Netherlands. It is why the Netherlands Tourist board have setup this website http://www.holland.com/uk/ . Also Holland has been used as the name for all the Netherlands before.

Good marketing making use of ignorance, doesn't make it correct though.

Guest gggg

After all the great Dutch players and teams failing for decades, An average one fluking it's way to the trophy with Dirk Kuyt would be pretty funny.

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

Give over they accept they are called Holland by large portion British people.

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

Who honestly gives a flying fuk, not even the Hollands tbf.  :razz:

Wow.

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

It's the equivalent.

Who honestly gives a flying fuk, not even the Hollands tbf.  :razz:

My mate from Nijmegen who's been bleating on about it, I'll give up know though as I fear I'm starting to sound like Phil K!

The Dutch have been horrible to watch for the names they have out there. Similar tactics to Brazil with two defensive midfielders sitting in front of the back four and a lone striker up front, but worse going forward due to the disjointed nature of the team, and with none of the quick inter-play the Brazilians at least displayed from time to time.

Robben is simply a class act though. Pretty much posses the same threat as Messi does. He's basically carrying the entire dutch team, with Sneijder in the background chipping in with goals to mask what has been a series of very average performances imo on the creativity front.

The problem with brazil, is that they're not taught to kick and run enough as kids. They worry to much about all this fancy technique nonsense.

:spit:

ha ha, aye but look how many times they have won the world cup.