Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The most baffling thing is that Germany hasn't had - on paper - a great squad since probably the mid-90s, and their players never quite excel at club level. Yet they have kept getting to the business end of most major tournaments, and they may well win this one.

They somehow manage to play like a club side, with great tactical movement and solidness, while most other NTs are always much less sophisticated and organized (Spain for example just doesn't have the penetration of the Barcelona side even though they try to be the NT version of it).

Infuriating is another word you could use.

I don't think I buy this argument about it all being the result of the German academy structure either. Or it only explains why they are developing talented players. How exactly you get 20 year olds like Ozul & Muller demonstrating that sort of maturity and discipline is something else.

I've never seen someone so angry over something. Please, keep it coming.

:lol: If it wasn't for Republica Deportiva Mundial and Las Senadoras calming the beast within him, this World Cup could have killed football for the man.

Aye, but they don't quite play the same way. Xavi plays more upfield, Iniesta in the right wing, etc... One of the things I noticed in Spain is how often players get on each others' toes while moving in attacking positions.

That happens with most NTs, however. They will just never have the fluidity of a well drilled club side. England had very bad tactical movement for example, even Holland hasn't had bursts of great teamplay for most of the tournament. But Germany have some incredible teamplay.

Löw is very careful in the selection of his squad. He doesn't bow to pressure to just take the best players available.

Kuranyi isn't even in the squad, because he "doesn't fit tactically", and Kießling (21 goals) is behind Cacau (13 goals) and Klose (3 goals), who spent the entire season collecting splinters in his arse on Bayern's bench.

If a player doesn't fit in the side, he won't be picked. I couldn't see Löw faffing around trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together. He'd just drop one of them.

Spain, Argentina, England seem to start with a list of the best individuals, and try to figure out how to get them to work together, which doesn't seem to be as effective.

Torres probably shouldn't even be playing for Spain. He isn't fit, and just doesn't fit into their style of play.

Paul the Octopus.  :lol:

Animals with really human names always makes me laugh :lol:

Me too. ;D

Me too. Had a cat called John.

I had a goldfish called Jonathan. :blush:

Me too. ;D

That's not an animal, it's a dirty dirty fish.

Fishes with human names are LAME.

On the Netherlands:

'If they can win their semi and final, they will become only the second team to record a “perfect World Cup campaign” after Brazil in 1970, by winning every qualification and finals match.'

Me too. ;D

It was fucking lame. It only lived 10 days. :lol:

Me too. ;D

Did you win it at the Hoppings? Them ones always seem to die about five minutes after you get them home.

build up on itv4, townsend and southgate saying who they would spend money on,

suarez 12m

ozil 12m

contrao 4m

neuer 8m

kjaer 10m

honda 7m

bradley 4m

sanchez 10m

i think we ought to start bidding if these so called experts reckon these players will go that cheap!!  :rolleyes:  :doh:  :idiot2:

Me too. ;D

Did you win it at the Hoppings? Them ones always seem to die about five minutes after you get them home.

No, I got it and all the stuff from some stupid pet shop. Floated upside down for a day then died, and I decided I wasn't a pet person. The stuff's never been used since. My mam probably still has the tank somewhere. :lol: