Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

Forlan always seems to get it on target. Every single time. Fergie absolutely fumbled the whole situation with Forlan. Looks more ridiculous with every single game.

The pricks ruined every South American he's bought.

Aye Tevez has never been the same player since he decided to move to Man Utd...

He was better before and after. As was Veron, Heinze and Anderson only got worse.

Was he f***.

I was about to argue this before I realised he played for West Ham, I was going off his Corinthians form...

Forlan always seems to get it on target. Every single time. Fergie absolutely fumbled the whole situation with Forlan. Looks more ridiculous with every single game.

Yup, you can see he doesn't quite trust them as much.

Regarding Forlan the typically clueless English media were very quick to make him out to be an absolute joke and labelled him a bust and I'm sure that didn't help things.

For a striker not scoring for his 1st 23 games i think it was fair enough.

Hindsight is wonderful.

I hear what you're saying, but he clearly wasn't playing consistently for the full 90 mins or anything. I just think there is a terrible habit in this country of writing off foreign players so quickly, and more disturbingly managers tend to buy into it and allow this to affect their judgement. If it was left to Andy Gray Drogba would have been sold after his first month at Chelsea! To hear him now wax lyrical about the man just makes me sick. Complete retard Andy Gray.

Guest Roger Kint

Why does FIFA insist on allowing dogshit officials to do these games? The World Cup should have the best officials not ticking their Uzbek/Hungary boxes in the Semis! Surprised the T&T officials didnt get one of these to appease that other pompous tosser Warner or whatever his name is. 

Yup, you can see he doesn't quite trust them as much.

Regarding Forlan the typically clueless English media were very quick to make him out to be an absolute joke and labelled him a bust and I'm sure that didn't help things.

For a striker not scoring for his 1st 23 games i think it was fair enough.

Hindsight is wonderful.

I hear what you're saying, but he clearly wasn't playing consistently for the full 90 mins or anything. I just think there is a terrible habit in this country of writing off foreign players so quickly, and more disturbingly managers tend to buy into it and allow this to affect their judgement. If it was left to Andy Gray Drogba would have been sold after his first month at Chelsea! To hear him now wax lyrical about the man just makes me sick. Complete retard Andy Gray.

That he is.  :lol:

Forlan to be fair had his chances and didn't take them. Actually Gray was very supportive of him and I remember him doing his little positioning thing after games stating it was only time until he scored, along with Fergie never buys a bad player etc...

He also supported Veron, well anything Manu tbh.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Another thing about lovely Diego, is there a more two-footed player in World Football?

Kevin Nolan, naturally.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01342/kevin-nolan-2_1342_1342728c.jpg

He was a three time South American player of the year ffs, when did he show that at Man Utd?

When he helped them win the league and Champions League.

Yes he was ridiculous in South America but not many players win that award because they simply don't play that long at the top level in South American football.

He's a lot more of a complete player now.

The way he fucked up Veron and is doing so with Anderson is criminal. He buys these players that quite clearly don't fit into 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and then they inevitably flop.

Anderson was brilliant when he was given freedom as a total AM, running at defences and causing havoc. Now he's just been shoehorned and moulded into a workhorse midfielder.

Wouldn't say he fucked up Veron, i actually thought Veron did alright at Man United. Totally agree with your comments on Anderson though, he's lost his edge massively since he moved to Man United, has done from being a huge attacking threat to a poor mans Darren Fletcher.

Are there any Premier League players that have had a good World Cup?

Tevez did alright although Argentina would've done better if he'd not played.

Heitinga? KP Boateng? (technically Championship) Da Silva from the mackems was canny.

The way he fucked up Veron and is doing so with Anderson is criminal. He buys these players that quite clearly don't fit into 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and then they inevitably flop.

Anderson was brilliant when he was given freedom as a total AM, running at defences and causing havoc. Now he's just been shoehorned and moulded into a workhorse midfielder.

Wouldn't say he fucked up Veron, i actually thought Veron did alright at Man United. Totally agree with your comments on Anderson though, he's lost his edge massively since he moved to Man United, has done from being a huge attacking threat to a poor mans Darren Fletcher.

doesn't stand up, in his first (two?) season(s) he was all energy and box to box play...looked like he was going to be a superstar - without looking it up i seem to recall he never scored a goal during that period

fergie probably recognised he wasn't gonna fill scholes's boots and acted accordingly

Why does FIFA insist on allowing dogshit officials to do these games? The World Cup should have the best officials not ticking their Uzbek/Hungary boxes in the Semis! Surprised the T&T officials didnt get one of these to appease that other pompous tosser Warner or whatever his name is. 

This ref has been one of the best of the tournament prior to this game- he did the opening game, England-Algeria and Holland-Argentina without any major incident.

doesn't stand up, in his first (two?) season(s) he was all energy and box to box play...looked like he was going to be a superstar - without looking it up i seem to recall he never scored a goal during that period

fergie probably recognised he wasn't gonna fill scholes's boots and acted accordingly

Meant more in Porto days although his scoring record has never been brilliant. I see what you are saying but he and Man Utd were definitely better when he was playing that role than what he does now.

Wouldn't shock me to see him sold this summer anyway or used a make weight.