Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Everyone I know in Leeds swears by him. They thought he was class.

I think a combination of him being moved to DM and getting that injury effectively ended his career as a striker, and as we soon found out, as anything other than a bad tackler.

Most Leeds fans I know call him a Judas scum.

Everyone I know in Leeds swears by him. They thought he was class.

I think a combination of him being moved to DM and getting that injury effectively ended his career as a striker, and as we soon found out, as anything other than a bad tackler.

Most Leeds fans I know call him a Judas scum.

Yep. They rated him as a player though.

i'm in a canny mood today, someone remind me how much we paid for smith so i can be in total and utter despair again please...

Counting wages, should be approaching 15 million pounds now.

http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/man-in-despair-wallpapers_9214_1680x1050.jpg

Resize, dickweed.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/08/10/good-news-alan-smith-fit-again/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nufcblog+%28The+Newcastle+United+Blog%29

Think this guys are :dowie:

who would say something like this to Smith :angry:

It’s still possible that Alan Smith could play some part in next Monday night’s first PL game at Old Trafford.

Alan Smith - back playing again today

The mystery of Alan missing out on the last couple of games was explained today by manager Chris Hughton.

Indeed the midfielder played in a behind- closed-doors friendly earlier today against St Mirren, so that he could both ensure some match practice and at the same time prove his fitness for next Monday night’s game against his former club.

Smith had previously missed the games at Deportivo La Coruna and on Saturday at Ibrox, and that was tough on a self-confessed Rangers’ fan.

Chris Hughton told the Evening Chronicle today:

“Injury-wise, Alan is fine and he was only left out of the Rangers game as a precaution.” “He missed two days of training last week because of a very minor ankle knock.”

“And we didn’t see any point in putting him at risk.” “He played earlier this morning in a behind-closed-doors friendly for the reserves.”  “Alan’s fine and he’s in good spirits.”

So it looks like Alan will be in contention for a starting place on Monday night, and who knows he could be the Newcastle captain, with Chris Hughton still not yet deciding who will be the Newcastle United captain for this season.

Surely Hughton's decided by now, man, it's 4 days till the season starts.

Think so, too. But what if Smith always has been in Hughton's plans for Old Trafford?

Hope that's not the case, of course. But I could imagine him playing Smith ahead of Guthrie to protect the back 4 a bit more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hughton wants to play with a DM so Smith was always likely to start, unfortunately.

Smith thinks how to play as a DM is to just slide all over the pitch, sit back so deep he's a 3rd CB and make the occasional block/clearance.

Didn't realise how much we'll miss Tiote :(

I bet Smith is playing a good share of his weekly wage to Hughton as it seems CH would like to keep this overpaid waste of space in the bench...hope Ashley would realise that 50K a week is like 3 times what Tiote's beeing paid

I can't see how some are moaning about Hughton, we have about 50 midfielders out and Guthrie alongside Nolan would be even more horrific in this league.

I'd rather have Guthrie/Nolan than Nolan/Smith. Stick Routledge wide right.