Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

ALAN Smith has announced his retirement as a centre-forward as the Newcastle skipper

Hope not that he'll be our captain. Would basically secure him a place in the starting XI when ever he's fit.

ALAN Smith has announced his retirement as a centre-forward as the Newcastle skipper

Hope not that he'll be our captain. Would basically secure him a place in the starting XI when ever he's fit.

It didnt secure Butt a place in the team.

Guest guinness_fiend

Man, thought this was going to be about Arsenal/Sky Sports Alan Smith. He is gay as fudge.

:lol:

“You need a lot of discipline as you can’t just go dashing off after the ball, or push forward in search of a goal.

That's handy seeing as Smith's lack of mobility doesn't exactly lend itself to box to box runs.

Guest Phil K

Man, next season is gonna be bloody awful.

It really is.

I'd say so too. Bargain basement and loan deals = doom.

It really is.

WRONG!!! If you want a bargain you have to move quick & get there early. It is looking more & more likely we will be looking in the  "reduced to clear" pile in late August.

Guest Phil K

It really is.

WRONG!!! If you want a bargain you have to move quick & get there early. It is looking more & more likely we will be looking in the  "reduced to clear" pile in late August.

Sadly true. Wringing his hands and waiting for Ashley's nod is disastrous policy.

But Bargain basement is still where he'll be, whether the good deals have already gone or not.

Guest BooBoo

I know it's just speculation anyway but we haven't even been mentioned on the BBC gossip column for over a fortnight.

• 1 month later...