Vuvuzela

Thespence

Well i mean, fair enough if it doesn't particularly irritate you (and i'm sure there's a few that aren't bothered by it)... but "can't believe" how much it irritates other people? Really? :lol: I think it's pretty clear and also pretty inevitable why it's annoying people so much. Especially since now it's coming out that it actually is effecting the football itself. (If six or seven coaches/managers are to be believed...)

This is what happens when you give the World Cup to a shitty nation who doesn't deserve it, who spends millions on new stadiums while making millions homeless while watching their Countryman die of AIDs and do nothing about it. The reason they are so popular is because there is a void left to fill due to the new stadiums and increased interest, everyone wants to be involved but haven't a clue how to, they don't know how to support and they don't know what football is about, so these plastic mares fill in that void nicely with a dull monotonous sound driving real football fans crazy. culture my arse, its the lack of culture that has made these so popular with the mongs.

This tournament has shown one thing; Africa wasn't ready for the World Cup and probably will never be in the future. Someone's sitting on some massive back handers, I can guess his name it sounds like Sep(tic) Bladder.

Just look at this c***:

http://daylife.sky.com/imageserve/0eece2cbS01Il/610x.jpg

That's what football means to her, blow something as loud as possible and need workman earphones so she doesn't go deaf but the rest of the crowd can go fuk themselves.

There is so much wrong with this post, but I can't even be bothered as your ignorance is so deeply rooted nothing I can say could ever go anyway to affecting it positively.

However I will say this, yet again. All fans are blowing these things, and in the event that it was just the South Africans blowing them, what the hell does that have to do with the rest of Africa? You sicken me. Afterall the African Nations Cup has been shown live in the UKfor a good number of years now with no sight or sound of the vuvuzelas.

Tell you what, having seen your true colors, I'm 100% for the vuvuzelas.

Can't believe the amount of whining and whinging some people are doing. Jesus! They're only plastic trumpets ffs. If it's that bad turn over. It's their tournament, not ours. :lol:

How the fuck is it 'their tournament'? The clues in the name. They may be hosting it, but it isn't theirs.

Have they still not perfected the filtering method? I would've thought you could reduce the vuvuzela level significantly with some audio magic.

The horns are tuned to the exact mid-range of what we hear, so reducing them also dampens commentator voices, singing and things like the sound of the ball being kicked.

It's not affecting the football that much, though. It's affecting the communication between the players on the field, in the same way that a loud and boisterous St James' affects the visiting team's play, which is not that much if the team is actually any good. Let's be honest, there isn't much communication when you play football. It's not like Torres has to shout 'pass' to Villa every time he's free. It probably affects the players when marking at set-pieces, when the ball drops in an iffy position where two players are going for it and when a player isn't facing a teammate who's far away (such as a CM facing one winger and the other winger is free and shouting for the ball).

The reason people have focused so much on it is because the football's been quite boring. I honestly was tuned out during the Germany - Australia match because the football was actually exciting.

:lol:

Some people are only ever happy when they've got something to be miserable about. Massive over-reaction from some people. Put up with them and enjoy the football man!

Some people are only ever happy when they've got something to be miserable about. Massive over-reaction from some people. Put up with them and enjoy the football man!

You keep missing the point. Many coaches/players/managers are blaming them for poor performances. I can't enjoy the football if it's shite because of these plastics death sticks.

Who's blaming them for the poor performances?

Why were the Germans so good and the Argies pretty decent then? Me thinks it's a convenient excuse and it actually has more to do with players underperforming (England, Italy) and shit coaching (France) than the vuvuzelas.

Guest icemanblue

Why were the Germans so good and the Argies pretty decent then? Me thinks it's a convenient excuse and it actually has more to do with players underperforming (England, Italy) and shit coaching (France) than the vuvuzelas.

Yes. Correct.

Haters gonna hate, yo.

Guest BooBoo

This whole "its their tournament so let them do what they want" excuse is a right load of tosh.

Its not their tournament at all.

:clap:

People should be whinging about the hoardes of Middlesbrough fans wearing their seat outfits at most games.

Guest BooBoo

This whole "its their tournament so let them do what they want" excuse is a right load of tosh.

They still have a right to do what they want, though. Am I right?

The World is watching though, why should a world wide audience have to have the tournament soundtracked by this innecessant drone?

Guest icemanblue

See, I'm in the 'they're fucking shit' camp. But, I really don't see why people are getting so worked up. You'll just end up ruining it for yourself through paying more attention to them. 

Guest BooBoo

I think on a 1-10 scale of annoyance I'm only about 4 or 5. It will certianly be streange though to watch a match after the world cup without them.

They still have a right to do what they want, though. Am I right?

The World is watching though, why should a world wide audience have to have the tournament soundtracked by this innecessant drone?

When you can confirm that "The World" is as bothered about the drone as you are than we will answer your question. Bearing in mind a good representation of "The World" are down there blasting those things themselves.

Why were the Germans so good and the Argies pretty decent then? Me thinks it's a convenient excuse and it actually has more to do with players underperforming (England, Italy) and s*** coaching (France) than the vuvuzelas.

Coaches and players of winning teams and teams yet to play have complained about it. I don't see how it's an excuse (other than for France).

Messi has complained about it and he was the best player on the park.