FA Coaching Badges

Ash

I was caretaker manager today for an U12 team. Helped them to their first win of the season in the divisional cup with a 3-2 victory and managed to give all kids around about the same game time!

Nice one, Robbo, who was that for?

Forest Hall. I've been helping out for a few weeks when I can. Have set up a tasty rivals match with the Eagles U12s haha

Don't know whether this should go here as I'm not sure whether it's a lecture that will incorporate anything about coaching or not, but could be of interest to some.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110915/coachs-philosophy-talk_2281670_2451667?

Development Coach Willie Donachie will introduce a lecture on philosophy at St. James' Park next week.

The former Scotland international will introduce the talk by Donald Lambie, head tutor of the School of Economic Science in London.

Taking place at Club 206 at United's stadium, the talk is entitled 'Introduction To Practical Philosophy' and will be held on Wednesday, September 21 between 7.30pm and 9.30pm.

Admission is free.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think we're suppose to include things like this on our CV.

"Attended blahblah's lecture on blahblahblah" to show that we're actively seeking improvement and knowledge or something.  :mike:

Don't know whether this should go here as I'm not sure whether it's a lecture that will incorporate anything about coaching or not, but could be of interest to some.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110915/coachs-philosophy-talk_2281670_2451667?

Development Coach Willie Donachie will introduce a lecture on philosophy at St. James' Park next week.

The former Scotland international will introduce the talk by Donald Lambie, head tutor of the School of Economic Science in London.

Taking place at Club 206 at United's stadium, the talk is entitled 'Introduction To Practical Philosophy' and will be held on Wednesday, September 21 between 7.30pm and 9.30pm.

Admission is free.

Sounds decent. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Scout7 Consulting is the industry leader in providing supplementary scouting assessments to English Professional Football Clubs in the NPower Football League and Blue Square Conference.

Supported by our key industry partners the PFCA (Professional Football Coaches Association) and the PFA (Professional Footballers Association), Scout7 Consulting have scouts in attendance at approximately two-thirds of all matches taking place in England each week, typically working on behalf of client clubs who are unable to send members of their own team to complete assessments on upcoming opponents.

As a result of an unprecedented increase in demand for this service at the start of the 2011/12 season, the company is currently looking for experienced, diligent and enthusiastic professional scouts to join its UK network.

In order to maintain the high standards expected by our clients, candidates must possess excellent writing and communication skills and possess previous experience of working in professional football, in either a playing, coaching or scouting capacity. Each candidate will also have a willingness to work evening and weekends to produce quality reports within 24 hours of each match taking place. Previous experience of compiling opposition analysis would be preferable, but not essential.

All of our scouting reports are compiled online using our own web-based application, therefore it is mandatory for scouts working on behalf of Scout7 Consulting to possess basic computer literacy skills.

If you would like to join our industry leading team, please send your CV to [email protected] and one of our scouting co-ordinators will be in touch to discuss opportunities in greater detail.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Welsh Premier League Secretary.

Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum (Based on experience).

The Football Association of Wales requires a new Secretary for the Welsh Premier League to provide managerial & administrative support on a full-time contract, within the Competitions Department.

Typical work activities will include, but are not limited to:

- Management of Committee Meetings for the Welsh Premier League (WPL) and the Welsh Premier Women’s League (WPWL).

- Management of the Annual General Meetings of the WPL and WPWL.

- Production of League Handbooks and website maintenance.

- Compiling and Managing Budgets, with Profit & Loss Responsibility.

- League Logistics (Fixture Planning, Recording Results, League Tables)

- Academy League Logistics (Fixture Planning, Recording Results, League Tables)

- Working with the League’s Broadcasters, Sponsors and other key-stakeholders.

- Promoting Media coverage and PR of the League.

- Developing the League’s sponsorship portfolio.

- As a senior staff member, the WPL Secretary will assist the Head of Competitions with varying departmental tasks in order to achieve the Domestic Football Strategic objectives.

Preferably a graduate, he/she must have a minimum of five years’ experience in sports administration, and preferably in football.

The ideal candidate will be passionate about domestic football in Wales and have a vast knowledge of the Welsh Premier League.

Key Competencies required are Attention to Detail, Strong Communication Skills, Politically Sensitive, Flexibility, Planning and Organisational skills, Commercial Awareness, Media Skills and Change Management.

He/She will be required to carry out additional work outside of normal Office hours at the discretion of the Head of Competitions.

He/She should be a car owner and have a clean Driving Licence. Travelling costs will be reimbursed at the rate agreed by the FAW.

Knowledge of the Welsh Language will be an advantage but not

essential.

Please send written applications and CV to Mrs. Jan Hoskin, FAW, 11/12 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way. Cardiff. CF24 5PJ.

Closing Date is Friday 30th September 2011.

Had some guy email me about going to India to coach football. I ignored it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yeovil

Part Time coaches wanted. We are currently looking to recruit additional coaches to work with our CoE program at Yeovil Town Football Club.

Requirements -

- Must hold UEFA B License or Module 3

- Must have up to date FA safeguarding children and First Aid certificates

- Must be available evenings and weekends.

Rate of pay £75 per week based on 3 sessions

Morecombe

SCOUTS.

Scouts are required from the following areas specifically but all of the north west of England will be considered; Morecambe, Lancaster, Kendal, Manchester, Liverpool, St. Helens, Southport, Blackpool, Preston, Burnley, Blackpool, Cornforth, Fleetwood, Leyland, Bolton, Leigh and Bury.

Morecambe Football Club are looking to recruit scouts to help identify players for their network of elite development centres. Four centres are being created in Morecambe, Preston, Manchester and Liverpool in order to identify and develop talented boys. The most talented players will eventually form the basis of the clubs Centre of Excellence programme which we hope to implement in time for the 2012 – 2013 season.

Scouts will be required to attend grassroots club and school matches in order to identify talented young players who are currently unattached to a professional football club.

Scouts must possess some previous experience of working in youth or grassroots football at a minimum, enthusiasm and good people skills is a must. Ability to identify and recruit talented players is essential.

This is an opportunity to work for a professional football club with a growing reputation and a new and forward thinking youth department which will provide career development opportunities to successful employees and volunteers.

Please note all scouts will work on a voluntary basis but will receive expenses, club kit and ID cards.

ASSISTANT COACHES REQUIRED.

Assistant Coaches should hold a minimum of a FA Level 2 coaching qualification in addition to a wealth of coaching experience.

Morecambe Football Club are looking to recruit experienced outfield and goalkeeper coaches to work in their network of elite development centres. Four centres are being created in Morecambe, Preston, Manchester and Liverpool in order to identify and develop talented boys. The most talented players will eventually form the basis of the clubs Centre of Excellence programme which we hope to implement in time for the 2012 – 2013 season.

Assistant coaches will be expected to support lead coaches by reinforcing coaching points, working with small groups and occasionally leading training sessions. Attendance at weekend games programme is essential.

This is a voluntary position with potential to lead to paid employment for those who impress.

This position will involve an interview and practical coaching demonstration if successful.

In order to apply for a position Morecambe Football Club potential candidates should email their CV to Kurt Doyle at [email protected] or post a paper copy to the attention of:

LEAD COACHES.

Should hold a UEFA ‘A’ or ‘B’ Licence qualification or be working towards in addition to the new FA Youth Awards or the old Youth Coaches Certificate.

Morecambe Football Club are looking to recruit experienced outfield and goalkeeper coaches to work in their network of elite development centres. Four centres are being created in Morecambe, Preston, Manchester and Liverpool in order to identify and develop talented boys. The most talented players will eventually form the basis of the clubs Centre of Excellence programme which we hope to implement in time for the 2012 – 2013 season.

Lead coaches will also possess significant experience of working with talented players, preferably in an academy or centre of excellence environment. Other suitable experience will be considered.

Lead coaches will be expected to lead a group of players, delivering high quality technical and tactical sessions in line with the clubs technical syllabus. Attendance at weekend games programme is essential.

This position is paid competitively per hour and will involve an interview and practical coaching demonstration if successful.

UEFA B is the goal for 'Elite Level' employment!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You know, I didn't go in the end. Haven't heard anything about it though, and when I asked people about it, no one seemed to know anything about it.  :laugh:

TheGuv is 1/2 way to UEFA B, as he's passed his Level 2. I'll know by the end of this year if I've passed my Level 2. UEFA B = Level 2+Level 3 together. Youth Award is worth having too, as most places have started to require you to have that if you want to work in CoE and Academies.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lTIcmjvpx60/TWKZyEa5smI/AAAAAAAAAr0/Up1HOgdUhkg/s1600/coachingpathway_800.jpg

Now on top of that do you do any personal work? I mean coaching strikes me as something that you decide what you learn. Obviously there's an element of academia but do you study other nations even leagues for example?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I do, personally. I've taken an interest in Germany in the last year or two, mainly due to their turn around at youth level. Most people admire Spain, rightly so, but Germany's story is more interesting to me as it I look at it and think 'That should have been England.'.

Good article about Germany's Youth Development in this month's (October 2011) FourFourTwo magazine, actually. They've had one on Spain and England already.

Going to take a bit of time out between now and the Summer to look more into how it works over in America. Try to be prepared for when I'm over there. I've got a feeling its going to be based heavily on Coerver Coaching, but I'm not too sure.

In regards what I learn though, it is very much up to the coach. You can sit back and take what you're given in the courses you go to, or you can actively seek and learn things yourself. That could be reading books and watching DVDs, or, as I prefer, going to watch other coaches work.

Newcastle United Foundation actually do a really good thing where every month they hold Coaching Clinics and show different coaching sessions to anyone who has the desire to improve their coaching knowledge. Not only is good for that, but its a great way to build a network too (which is half of getting yourself a job in coaching).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not bad, and are jobs readily available with the flexibility to let you try your own brand of coaching?

Not sure I have enough experience to answer that fully. I know the Philly job role is has a set criteria of what they want to teach over the week that I'm with a group. However, I was told that they were happy to allow me to coach them in a way I'm comfortable with.

It'll all depend on who you're working for, I guess. If you're a coach that focuses more on development, you're not going to fit in well with a club that focuses on the 'now' and the 'winning'. Like I said, I don't have a huge amount of experience to answer the question fully.

Grassroots is all about the development. Foundation is about development. Philly is about development.

Hopefully I get the chance to work at 'Elite Level' and find out if coaching principles are allowed to continue.

It'll come down to coaching style.

Autocratic coaches will produce the 'better' players quicker, but ultimately, in theory, they peak quickly and then hit a wall in their development. As the coach is telling the players what to do all the time. So, really, that's your typical 'British Coach'.

You see them plenty at Grassroots level, usually the older guys. PASS! PASS! PASS! SHOOT! TAKE HIM ON! TACKLE HIM! RUN! Often get called 'Joystick Coaches'.