Incentives to increase attacking football?

Guest Brummiemag

There are many reasons why this wouldn't work. But we could scrap 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss and just have a point for every goal scored. Would mean higher scoring games.

However, it would take the shine out of actually winning. Winning would, ultimately, be pointless... hmm...

Massive overhall of what we in this country class as a good footballer.

Actually have kids learning ball skills, playing on short, tight, picthes with a small ball.

There are far to many footballers in this country that can charge around for 90 minutes but cant actually fucking cross or shoot the ball on target.

Far to many managers are interested in stopping the other team then actually beating it.

Only way i can see teams coming out to play, is 4 pts for a win and 1 for a draw an a long term project to start and produce players with BALL SKILLS.

Also, when these new rules come in and clubs can only spend what they earn, the clubs will have to entertain to get people through the door.

Yes Cameroon v Denmark and Slovenia v USA were decent games but

Its been a shocking world cup so far, the worst I can remember

In my opinion its the same with football in general - whether its World Cup, Newcastle or the Premier League generally, far too many games are boring and dull. Its such a shame because a great game of football beats anything but I reckon only one in 20 games I watch would be described as a good or great game and thats far too small a percentage.

Football as a sport does not realise its potential in my opinion, just imagine if 75% of games were exciting and full of attacking football. I honestly think the time has come for FIFA to experiment with incentives to increase attacking football and that should involve some of sort of reward in the form of bonus points for scoring goals.

What do other people think?

'ello Arsene.

Youth soccer in US has a points system

win 6 pts

tie 3 pts

loss 0 point

Plus bonus points for each goal scored to max 3

(option of additional point for keeping clean sheet)

Encourages goals scored without putting all the emphasis on win/loss/tie

Works well for youth games - might try taking the past EPL season and seeing what change it makes to standings.

Guest JamesyJazz

Let's turn the game into quarters.

Have no offside rule.

12 points for a 'conversion'.(goal).Ten refs,5 linesmen.No more than two touches with the feet of the ball.Blah blah blah..................

F**ck that,we invented the game.We've enjoyed it for decades.Why f%ck with a tried and tested system.

Bollocks!