England World Cup Squad 2014

Thespence

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hart

Johnson Smalling Terry Cole

Walcott Barry Rodwell Johnson

Gerrard

Rooney

Could quite easily do a job in the next 2 tournaments!

Sir Trevor Brooking has warned England their World Cup woe is set to continue, predicting worse is yet to come when the tournament takes place in Brazil in four years time.

Lets see your 23 man squad if we qualify for Brazil 2014.

Far too early to be contemplating a squad 4 years away for a tournament ,stupid idea as players can come from nowhere and be in contention within a season  :idiot2:

Hart, Johnson, A Cole (maybe), Milner, Gerrard (maybe), Rooney, Lennon should be about from our first teamers

i highly doubt it i can see gerrard going after this wc to concentrate on club football

Hart, Johnson, A Cole (maybe), Milner, Gerrard (maybe), Rooney, Lennon should be about from our first teamers

i highly doubt it i can see gerrard going after this wc to concentrate on club football

Why?

He has never had any serious injuries etc.  I think he´ll be in the squad for the Euro 2012.

Jose Enrique will have qualified to be English by then

But Eng,Scotland, NI & Wales do not pick players who gain citizenship's by residency.

FWIW, I wasn't being serious

i think routledge could be serious contender for midf right spot, hes gonna prove in next 2 seasons hes better than lennon swp.

Time will tell if AC can get a look in, personally i expect him to struggle to score in premiership, hope he proves me wrong!

Guest The Enforcer

Some of the squads posted look absolutely awful, particularly in midfield and upfront. I'm very suprised to see people write something positive underneath their lists, I felt like shooting myself.

Guest Roger Kint

Some of the squads posted look absolutely awful, particularly in midfield and upfront. I'm very suprised to see people write something positive underneath their lists, I felt like shooting myself.

A lot of the players have scope for improvement in the next few years thats why. You have to look at how they realise their potential not judge them as they are right now.

Guest The Enforcer

Wow, I had never looked at it like that before! Players improve? My mind is blown.

I think a lot of the players added have been due to either blind faith or they're good on Football Manager.

What exactly has Smalling done to convince people he will be a starter for England in 4 years time?

Guest The Enforcer

Yes, managers always get absolutely everything right. I mean, you only have to look at Francis Jeffers tearing up this World Cup for England.

Guest Roger Kint

Am fairly certain managers like Ferguson have got more decisions in transfers and coaching correct than a person on a forum i never heard of. For the record i never said Smalling would be a starter, merely that i trust SAF over you, if thats confused then them sorry but i thought it was too obvious to explain previously.

Guest The Enforcer

In trying to insult me, you have ended up barking up the wrong tree.

I'm talking about blind faith. I've not even said whether Smalling will, or will not be in the squad. I've simply asked why he's been included in some lists. And if the only reason is because Alex Ferguson has signed him for a lot of money, then I will stand by my claim of blind faith.

Yes, managers always get absolutely everything right. I mean, you only have to look at Francis Jeffers tearing up this World Cup for England.

:doh:

I rather trust a worldclass manager that someone random from a forum.

If SAF have faith in him, i belive he see a bright future in him.

It might be a shit signing, and fail. But i wont rule him out if SAF wants to take the chance.

This tread is about speculations isent it?

Guest The Enforcer

Jesus Christ. Are you lot even reading my posts?

I'm not even debating whether Smalling is good enough. Therefore I'm also not putting myself in this fantasy competition with Alex Ferguson. Get this clear.

Maybe you was a little unclear then...

What exactly has Smalling done to convince people he will be a starter for England in 4 years time?

As you say, there are not much he have done, but he is as far as i can see, a good prospect.

We can only speculate how good he will become, but coached by SAF and playing for manu will help him develop.

So people are suggesting that he might play WC in 4 years time, nothing more.

I dont see why you want to shoot yourself over that  ???