World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

man, the german press have been so arrogant about this one, basically treating the result as a formality and reckoning we have no chance. i now know how the yanks on here felt after the easy headline from the sun!

man, the german press have been so arrogant about this one, basically treating the result as a formality and reckoning we have no chance. i now know how the yanks on here felt after the easy headline from the sun!

They did the same before the Champions Leauge final against Inter. Hate that - but it's a good sign - Bayern had no chance against Inter, probably Germany won't have a chance against England today, too.

The attitute here has been unreal, nearly all the Germans I know just start first with a patronising smile and then go onto explain how they will win cause they are mentally stronger etc...Really looking forward to this.

The attitute here has been unreal, nearly all the Germans I know just start first with a patronising smile and then go onto explain how they will win cause they are mentally stronger etc...Really looking forward to this.

i'm feeling pessimistic, but then i always am.

Guest Spark

The ref is card happy btw and sent players off in 70% of his games!!11

That is ridiculous.  Will probably spoil the game.

Impossible. Only the English are arrogant.

Most of the Germans I know are merely nervous, like I am.

The difference is, the German's arrogance has been well earned. 

Isn't well-earned arrogance just confidence?

Start Heskey, get him to lumber around midfield and fall into Ozil, meaning Germany's best player is off but tragically, Heskey will pick up an injury in the process. Heskey off, Defoe on, and we win 4-0.

Guest Phil K

Believe.

Exactly.

And do unto them as they do unto us - 100% and NO mistakes.

It isn't arrogance, just fact. They ARE as good as they say. Results bear that out.

Can't understand the press' attitude to the Kaiser's words.

He was bang on.

Isn't well-earned arrogance just confidence?

Start Heskey, get him to lumber around midfield and fall into Ozil, meaning Germany's best player is off but tragically, Heskey will pick up an injury in the process. Heskey off, Defoe on, and we win 4-0.

If Özil's injured Germany have Marin to bring on who is nearly the same player.

Most of the Germans I know are merely nervous, like I am.

Yes mate, but this is Hamburg.