Goal-line technology

James

I was involved in a trial of this technology at Middlesbrough- it's nearly there in terms of development

When was this, out of curiosity?

I remember seeing loads of reports and footage when they first started pushing for it. There was even a video displaying all sorts of shots, ball positions etc... this was years ago already and it didn't get anything wrong.

Todays game is far too fast to keep your eye on where the ball is 100% of the time. Todays footballs are too unpredictable to judge 100% where they are going. The tech is there, whether or not it is putting chip in the ball and sensors around the goal line, or taking 30 seconds out of the game and adding it on at the end in order to look at it on a TV. It's about time FIFA grew the fuck up and relised this, it's no good putting a guy behind the goal to do the job a linesman can't do and especially when the game doesn't have enough officials on the pitch in anyway.

FIFA have fucked up big time here, not only in this game but I've seen other games in the World Cup where simple things about the ball going out for a thro in or not coming to the wrong decision.Todays game is far too fast to keep your eye on where the ball is 100% of the time. Todays footballs are too unpredictable to judge 100% where they are going. The tech is there, whether or not it is putting chip in the ball and sensors around the goal line, or taking 30 seconds out of the game and adding it on at the end in order to look at it on a TV. It's about time FIFA grew the fuck up and relised this, it's no good putting a guy behind the goal to do the job a linesman can't do and especially when the game doesn't have enough officials on the pitch in anyway.

FIFA have fucked up big time here, not only in this game but I've seen other games in the World Cup where simple things about the ball going out for a throw in or not coming to the wrong decision.

England once they scored the 1st goal today were the better team and the Germans were the 2nd best team. England were on the up, Germany were on a downward spiral. If that goal had have allowed then I could only see England going on to win. What happend today and what would have happend if that goal was allowed are two totally different games. How can a team be motivated after that, you can't there is no fucking way you can be 100% motivated after that decision has gone agianst you.

In my view the Premier league and the FA should turn around and say we are bringing goal tecnolgoy in our game, like or lump it. They can kick England out of worlds cups and Euro's, and they can kick our teams out of Europe, it doesn't matter because every footballing nation will be looking at all us all of the time and seeing how goal line tech works and they will all be calling on FIFA to impliment it across the whole game.

What the fuck happened with this post? :lol:

Yes goal line technology should exist, but not because of this one goal. It should be there for the loads of goals that have been given when they shouldn't have.

It needs to happen to Brazil before anyone will pay any attention.

Brazil will have the goal given in the first place though.

I was involved in a trial of this technology at Middlesbrough- it's nearly there in terms of development

When was this, out of curiosity?

I remember seeing loads of reports and footage when they first started pushing for it. There was even a video displaying all sorts of shots, ball positions etc... this was years ago already and it didn't get anything wrong.

Was in about 2007, when Adidas were trying stuff out. This might be the video you mean- it was done a few months after the trial at Middlesbrough

(don't think it counts as a football clip). There were a few problems with it going off at random moments (and random issues like spare balls on the touchline setting it off), probably more accurate than human error though.

Of course we all know what will happen when it is implement don't we?

The first World Cup that has it we'll get knocked out by a goal 0.1 of a millimetre in.

Goal line technology would not have spotted Maradona's handball in 86.

Video replay for ALL incidents is the solution not just for the goal line.

BTW f*** FIFA and f*** the 2018 bid.

All incidents? As in every foul/throw in/corner? How long would that take? At least think it through man.

Go to an international rugby match and see.

Alternatively, watch Wimbledon, duh.

Rugby games only do it for incidents in-goal though, not for anything else (like forward passes or knock-ons in field). And tennis only does it for line decisions. You need some sort of cut-off point, otherwise it'd be ridiculous!

probably more accurate than human error though.

That's also another big point in its favour. Even if it does muck up, margin of error would still be so much smaller than it is now.

For the top leagues in the meantime, just have the fourth official sat next to the dugout watching the game on several monitors with feeds supplied by BBC/Sky/whoever. The TV people have replays on our TVs within about 5 seconds, why can't referees make their decisions based on the same feeds?!

It's simple to do, no extra cost and we can at least start on the road to goal-line technology

FIFA don't have a leg to stand on anymore. Not after today. Blatter must feel humiliated that such a big game on the biggest stage has seen that happen. You've got to think that todays game might change football forever. He must be relieved that it didn't finish 2-1 though, otherwise it'd be World War 3 (has to be with England and Germany there!). Something has to be done now.

Goal line technology would not have spotted Maradona's handball in 86.

Video replay for ALL incidents is the solution not just for the goal line.

BTW f*** FIFA and f*** the 2018 bid.

All incidents? As in every foul/throw in/corner? How long would that take? At least think it through man.

Go to an international rugby match and see.

Alternatively, watch Wimbledon, duh.

Rugby games only do it for incidents in-goal though, not for anything else (like forward passes or knock-ons in field). And tennis only does it for line decisions. You need some sort of cut-off point, otherwise it'd be ridiculous!

The cut off point is what you would pedantically class as an incident.

Personally throw ins don't count but then again I don't split hairs to the nth degree like you appear to want to do.

same as tennis, give the captain 3 challanges a game, my guess would be that there would be very few challenges made anyway unless something like today happens

Cricket and tennis don't operate the same technology at all levels - tennis doesn't even do it across the same tournament!

I can see the argument for not having it in the Premiership because you don't have it in League Two but big international tournaments are pretty much their own masters. No excuse.

Cricket and tennis don't operate the same technology at all levels - tennis doesn't even do it across the same tournament!

I can see the argument for not having it in the Premiership because you don't have it in League Two but big international tournaments are pretty much their own masters. No excuse.

Why would having in in the Premier League have any impact on League 2, as they dont play each other?

Why would having in in the Premier League have any impact on League 2, as they dont play each other?

Er, because they operate in the same league system?

When people say rugby & cricket games it is only internationals & games on tv that go to the TV judge/ref/umpire.

Pretty sure they do it in International Hockey and Basketball as well.

When people say rugby & cricket games it is only internationals & games on tv that go to the TV judge/ref/umpire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_replay#Rugby_league

What is the link for?

To show there are two types of rugby each with a different system.

And also to disprove your international and televised claim.

I was talking about rugby (both codes) in  this country. Of course they use it differently they are different sports ffs.;;I

I said international games & games on TV. It is not a claim it is a fact.

From tofficalcal Guinness Premiership Rugby site

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/about/faq.php

TMOs are used at all of the Guinness Premiership matches broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Super League  does similar. This is why we got stuff like this last season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/leeds/8124595.stm

Now you stick to Wiki & I will stick to FACT.

What is the link for?

I was talking about rugby (both codes) in  this country. Of course they use it differently they are different sports ffs.;;I

TMOs are used at all of the Guinness Premiership matches broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Super League  does similar. This is why we got stuff like this last season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/leeds/8124595.stm

You said ONLY internationals and televised games.

What is the link for?

You said ONLY internationals and televised games.

I typed "it is only internationals & games on tv"

Which is correct

Internationals use the system

Games on TV use the system

Both codes of Rugby

The same for cricket.