Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Capello made some big mistakes before we even kicked a ball. Leaving exciting young in-form players like Adam Johnson at home and bringing Emile Heskey was a blunder as was the decision to bring crocks or players out of retirement like King and Carragher. It seems he buckled and changed his principles at the last minute.

At the actual world cup, the players deserve a massive amount of flak but the coach deserves some too. The team looked disjointed and clueless, lacking any sort of obvious strategy to win the games. And there was no plan B. Players with different qualities such as Joe Cole and Carrick were either rarely used or ignored altogether.

For Capello, it was a disaster. He got just about everything wrong.

But strangely, I'd like him to stay. It's a gut feeling based on his managerial record. We need someone experienced and with pedigree to oversee a transition. Some of the older players are getting on and we need to introduce new young blood to the England set-up. With his record in qualifiers I'd be confident of us making the Euros and believe he's intelligent enough to learn from his mistakes with this England team. Another reason is the well documented lack of alternatives.

I despise John Terry. But the fact is, he's a very, very good defender and is far less culpable than most for our WC failure.

Did you not see him getting bum raped against the Germans and his total lack of pace in all the games he played  :facepalm:

Guest Antigalican

There will be some big news out in teh press in the coming weeks, mark my words!

Sorry forgot to put the smiley on  :yikes:

Ive a gut feeling he will be kept on for the next year at least and he will make wholesale changes to the team now that he has an excuse to get rid of the bad eggs and players who have no future or right to be in the team ,perfect opportunity to start afresh and the fans and F.A on his side for the time being

There will be some big news out in teh press in the coming weeks, mark my words!

Sorry forgot to put the smiley on  :yikes:

omg and i thought the press were going to find someone else to rip into ,you are the new Nostradamus  :mackems:

Just watched Löw's press confernce.

He said he had a tactic in his mind and has chosen his players from that he thought they could play in this tactical system. And not the other way around.

I think Capello has done it the other way around - he has chosen the in his eyes best players and put them on the pitch.

He said he had a tactic in his mind and has chosen his players from that he thought they could play in this tactical system. And not the other way around.

I think Capello has done it the other way around - he has chosen the in his eyes best players and put them on the pitch.

That was the biggest disappointment of the World Cup for me... I always thought Capello would pick the form players and the players to fit the system.

Not sure why I thought that, but it certainly didn't happen.

That was the biggest disappointment of the World Cup for me... I always thought Capello would pick the form players and the players to fit the system.

Not sure why I thought that, but it certainly didn't happen.

agreed...better have a system and pick the right players for it than pick a group of players then try to crowbar them into a formation...football 101 tbh

Good thing.  :thup:   

I'm a bit surprised, allthough.

why the fa would have had to pay a rather large sum of cash to be rid of him and he wasn't going to resign and lose that rather large sum of cash was he

The next squad he needs to give Wilshere, Walcott, Johnson, Gibbs, Shawcross, Rodwell etc a go. They are all brilliant, brilliant players capable of playing at the highest level so give them a chance!

He's got Pearce next to him who knows these young players better than anybody so let him have a big input.

A decision made by the people who are less competant than the man they refuse to sack. Capello fucked up on so many levels with the exception of one - getting the useless cunts who run the FA to give him a new contract pre tournement.

He keeps his job only on the back of the useless cunts at the FA not accepting their own responsibilty which would (and should) have lead to major heads rolling. Absolute cowards.

Good thing.  :thup:   

I'm a bit surprised, allthough.

why the fa would have had to pay a rather large sum of cash to be rid of him and he wasn't going to resign and lose that rather large sum of cash was he

I would have thought the 2 weeks are only to give the FA a bit of time to get the right people in place to succeed Capello.