Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Does anyone else think Eriksson wasn't so bad after all?  The performances in the WC 2006 aside, our level of performance wasn't bad at all imo.

had these players when they had 1-2 yards extra pace, so performances would of been better!

him and capello very similar, but england need an englishman in-charge even tho their isn't the managerial class out their!  i think keegan also could be needed to change the mentality of the players and the FA in general!

Guest neesy111

The thing I fear if fabio resigns is someone like sam allardyce getting the job.

NO, they should ban him from football tbh

hes getting paid 6m a year to bring the best out of english players, has he? did he bring the best players available to him? i dont think so myself (adam johnson and jagielka for example) has he had the balls to drop a big player (lampard or gerrard) for the greater good of the side?

Capello failed and this large stench of failure will haunt him from now on as manager every mistake he makes will be magnified *100 by the press will anyone have any confidence in him that he can do better at the next tournament, imo its probably for the best that he goes but i can't see the fa forking out the rather large sum of cash to pay off his contract and i cant see him resigning.

If the FA bin Capello tomorrow (or he walks) who on Earth are they going to turn to next? He's one of the best in the business, they headhunted him and got him, gave him a long contract and are paying him about £5m a year.......How fucking stupid are they going to look if they sack him?

More to the point, who would want the job who would command the respect of the fans, media and players? ???

Guest BooBoo

In my lifetime I can only think of Euros  88 and 92 as a worse tournament performance. Keegans Euro 2000 was a bit of a shambles but at least we put in a load of effort and went out fighting.

In my lifetime I can only think of Euros  88 and 92 as a worse tournament performance. Keegans Euro 2000 was a bit of a shambles but at least we put in a load of effort and went out fighting.

The first half hour was as poor a defensive display as I've ever seen from an England back 4. Couldn't have complained if we'd been 4 down after 30 mins.  Fucking shambolic stuff.

Keegans Euro 2000 was a bit of a shambles but at least we put in a load of effort and went out fighting.

Plus we beat the Germans in it. Was worth it just for that.

If the FA bin Capello tomorrow (or he walks) who on Earth are they going to turn to next? He's one of the best in the business, they headhunted him and got him, gave him a long contract and are paying him about £5m a year.......How fucking stupid are they going to look if they sack him?

More to the point, who would want the job who would command the respect of the fans, media and players? ???

roy hodgson has done excellent jobs with national teams previously and has proven at fulham he can get the best out of players that frankly don't seem that good.

and as for the fa looking stupid, they look stupid for giving him a new contract before a ball had been kicked at the world cup.

Guest malandro

The pool of English players has been dwindling for years. The so called golden generation should really be called the last generation as there as very few players coming through. Capello had little choice other than to select the oldest England squad in living memory. A new manager won’t change this.

I'd keep him.  Because it would be sickeningly expensive to sack him now, and I want to see him get it right.  The likely alternatives are Hodgson or Redknapp, neither of whom I particularly trust to drop the "golden generation" and radically change things.  I don't believe a reversion back to the Sven era "player power" is the answer at all. 

I think the players believed the hype which surrounded them.  I don't blame the manager for our poor performances, he's being made a scapegoat for the players not being as good as the hype.  I hope that he stays and I hope that he guts the squad and starts again from scratch.

The players aren't good enough, and even those more successful ones are in teams with even better foreign players.

In fact, if I was manager, I'd tell Lampard, Terry and Gerrard that they aren't getting back into the England team until they prove that they can perform for another club.

No.

There's something deeper than the manager that is the problem - you don't go from winning every game in style in the qualifiers to fucking up this royal at the world cup. Whether you blame the media, the players, the pressures, the stigma attatched to the camp or the inflated expectation levels - Capello shoulders only a part of the blame imo. Keep him, it's not like anyone better will get appointed for our assault on the Euros.

This 'players aren't good enough' argument is utter bollocks, some of them play for the best teams in Europe - of course they're good.

They've underperformed and are playing with no heart or spirit or pride - it's not a question of ability, it's motivation.

Tin hat on like but Harry Redknapp would have done a better job than Fabio with this squad at this tournament; as much as i hate the saggy faced w*****.

Also the FA stealing Tottenham's manager would be quite funny as well.

Don't think the FA would touch him with a bargepole with the baggage he's carrying.

Hodgson with Beckham as his assistant would be my choice, a quality English speaking manager aided by the only man on the bench tonight who looked bothered by what he was seeing.  The only thing that bothered Capello was not resigning so that he protects his departure package.

This 'players aren't good enough' argument is utter bollocks, some of them play for the best teams in Europe - of course they're good.

They've underperformed and are playing with no heart or spirit or pride - it's not a question of ability, it's motivation.

Now I think that's bollocks.

Not one player should need to be motivated by the England boss to play in a World Cup. That's horseshit imo. 

Is Redknapp's baggage his tax nastiness, because that's exactly the same baggage Capello was carrying.

I for one hope MON gets the job. Then the rest of the country can take their turn of having "you dont know how lucky you are to have him" nonsense rammed down their throats whilst being forced to watch tactically inept, turgidly predictable football.

Not one player should need to be motivated by the England boss to play in a World Cup. That's horseshit imo. 

I didn't say that they lacked motivation from the manager.

Not one SHOULD be but they clearly do lack motivation. I don't necessarily think that's down to the manager, but they've played like they don't care, that they couldn't give two fucks what happened, and we've paid the price as a result - they're clearly good enough to go far in the World Cup, otherwise they wouldn't be Premier League and Champions League winners.

We were unlucky against the USA (did enough to win the game) and this affected the players, clearly. Combined with a multitude of factors, the kick-and-rush football that served us well enough in the qualifiers failed in the following game didn't work and the players tried to force the issue with no real consideration or thought. The Slovenia game was papering over cracks and the Germany game was to be expected, really.

Not a chance that Capello is 'to blame' though. We beat the USA and we win the group, we have a different tie, we have a more positive mindset. It's just one of those things - however, the players should be able to rise above the hardship of drawing a game they were expected to win.

Why not get the best teams in Europe, and count the number of players from each country that play for them, the compare to England.

The some of them play for the best teams in Europe argument is complete bollocks as these teams have several foreign players who are better than the English ones.

I didn't say that they lacked motivation from the manager.

Not one SHOULD be but they clearly do lack motivation. I don't necessarily think that's down to the manager, but they've played like they don't care, that they couldn't give two fucks what happened, and we've paid the price as a result - they're clearly good enough to go far in the World Cup, otherwise they wouldn't be Premier League and Champions League winners.

Fair enough, so why should Capello lose his job because his players don't care about playing for their country?

Spot on big chief.