The Liverpool Thread

Parky

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-3

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

I guess that statement was released by the 3 in bold.

Can't wait to see what H&G have to say about that.

the fun begins

Liverpool's shambolic season hit a new low on Tuesday night as owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett blocked the sale of the club and attempted to remove two key members of their own board.

Two new bids for the Anfield outfit were tabled earlier in the day, both of which have been described as 'excellent' by the Premier League club.

Liverpool's board were due to meet to discuss the offers and give the green light for a change of ownership, with both prospective buyers promising to pay off the club's £282million debts.

But in an astonishing move from American duo Hicks and Gillett, they turned down the chance of a sale and have now attempted to remove managing director Christian Purslowand commercial director Ian Ayre from the decision-making process.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6430498,00.html?

the fun begins

Liverpool's shambolic season hit a new low on Tuesday night as owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett blocked the sale of the club and attempted to remove two key members of their own board.

Two new bids for the Anfield outfit were tabled earlier in the day, both of which have been described as 'excellent' by the Premier League club.

Liverpool's board were due to meet to discuss the offers and give the green light for a change of ownership, with both prospective buyers promising to pay off the club's £282million debts.

But in an astonishing move from American duo Hicks and Gillett, they turned down the chance of a sale and have now attempted to remove managing director Christian Purslowand commercial director Ian Ayre from the decision-making process.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6430498,00.html?

:mackems: :cheesy: :mackems: :snod:

Walking away with no profit, i doubt either will do it. They'd rather let the club sink.

They really, really don't want to walk away with no profit, but they sure as fuck wouldn't let the club sink, because the selling price has to cover their debts, otherwise it will cost them (and they're not doing well financially).

Hang on, the 2 cats who actually own the club can be forced to sell it against their wishes by the 3 other members of the board?  :lol:

How fucked up is that?  :lol:

It would be fucked up if they owned the club, but the strings are currently being pulled by the bank with whose money they bought the club. The only reason the Yanks are still in the picture is that the bank really, really doesn't want to own a football club. Of course, no-one is likely to buy the club before deadline day, because the Yanks are after a profit, and are asking far more for the club than the bank will be in a couple of weeks.

IMO, our main hope is that the FA/EPL see the case differently to the Southampton one. The key difference is that LFC is solvent and profitable as an entity (separate from the holding company, which holds massive debts from buying the club), whereas Southampton + holding were one big sack of red numbers.

Beyond that, the hope is that on-the-pitch form will pick up once all the corporate-level crap is sorted out.

Of course it's all up in the air regarding our future owners. The bank will not be choosy. We could end up with even bigger cunts.

Walking away with no profit, i doubt either will do it. They'd rather let the club sink.

They really, really don't want to walk away with no profit, but they sure as fuck wouldn't let the club sink, because the selling price has to cover their debts, otherwise it will cost them (and they're not doing well financially).

Hang on, the 2 cats who actually own the club can be forced to sell it against their wishes by the 3 other members of the board?  :lol:

It would be fucked up if they owned the club, but the strings are currently being pulled by the bank with whose money they bought the club. The only reason the Yanks are still in the picture is that the bank really, really doesn't want to own a football club. Of course, no-one is likely to buy the club before deadline day, because the Yanks are after a profit, and are asking far more for the club than the bank will be in a couple of weeks.

IMO, our main hope is that the FA/EPL see the case differently to the Southampton one. The key difference is that LFC is solvent and profitable as an entity (separate from the holding company, which holds massive debts from buying the club), whereas Southampton + holding were one big sack of red numbers.

Beyond that, the hope is that on-the-pitch form will pick up once all the corporate-level crap is sorted out.

Of course it's all up in the air regarding our future owners. The bank will not be choosy. We could end up with even bigger cunts.

How long as Hodg got? I want to declare an early victory for Parky Enterprises.

They really, really don't want to walk away with no profit, but they sure as f*** wouldn't let the club sink, because the selling price has to cover their debts, otherwise it will cost them (and they're not doing well financially).

How f***ed up is that?  :lol:

It would be f***ed up if they owned the club, but the strings are currently being pulled by the bank with whose money they bought the club. The only reason the Yanks are still in the picture is that the bank really, really doesn't want to own a football club. Of course, no-one is likely to buy the club before deadline day, because the Yanks are after a profit, and are asking far more for the club than the bank will be in a couple of weeks.

Of course it's all up in the air regarding our future owners. The bank will not be choosy. We could end up with even bigger c***s.

what are you trying to say ?

I think nothing will be resolved by the deadline, those on the board wanting to sell the club will find they can't as H&G will use every legal trick in the book to delay, buy time and stop the sale of the club, and i think they'll be successful in doing that.

Unless H&G receive an offer they find acceptable the club won't sell and the bank will keep pushing back the deadlines rather than get dragged in to a very messy court case, it will just mean more costs for them to consider.

I think nothing will be resolved by the deadline, those on the board wanting to sell the club will find they can't as H&G will use every legal trick in the book to delay, buy time and stop the sale of the club, and i think they'll be successful in doing that.

Unless H&G receive an offer they find acceptable the club won't sell and the bank will keep pushing back the deadlines rather than get dragged in to a very messy court case, it will just mean more costs for them to consider.

Shit just got real.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-3

Liverpool Football Club tonight issued the following press statement:

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

I guess that statement was released by the 3 in bold.

Can't wait to see what H&G have to say about that.

Amazing.

Shit just got real.

A lot of Liverpool fans are saying this is the 'end game' which they might be right, its possibly the beginning of the end of H&G, but the end could last several months depending on how much pressure the bank applies, and like I said I doubt the bank really wants to get involved any more in to this mess especially when it goes legal, which it will.

Depending on the strategies which are used to try and remove H&G we could also see Liverpool docked points, surely that has to happen if the bank calls time and repossess the club.

Shit just got real.

A lot of Liverpool fans are saying this is the 'end game' which they might be right, its possibly the beginning of the end of H&G, but the end could last several months depending on how much pressure the bank applies, and like I said I doubt the bank really wants to get involved any more in to this mess especially when it goes legal, which it will.

Depending on the strategies which are used to try and remove H&G we could also see Liverpool docked points, surely that has to happen if the bank calls time and repossess the club.

Has to be 9 points. We'll see.

Shit just got real.

You'd think.

Shit just got real.

Depends what De Jong thinks tbh.

How long as Hodg got? I want to declare an early victory for Parky Enterprises.

Depends on what happens in the boardroom. The way I see it is, it all boils down to the uncertainty upstairs.

An argument can be made that Rafa had his chance, blew it and lost the plot; but he denied it, the players denied it, and the fans denied it. This season, we start off with a very good manager, with a great track record (though, arguably not at the expected level), and it's still a big pile of shit. The whole no-strikers/holes-in-the-squad argument is a red herring. Alonso is the only (enormous) loss from a side that was hot shit in the CL, more so before Torres arrived.

This certainly hints at problems that aren't directly attributable to the manager and squad.

If we get in decent, non-egomaniac, new owners who are prepared to invest in the club over the next 10 years for longer-term profit, we'll do well. If we get another bunch of cumrags who hope the club can cover their costs and keep itself turning over till the next boom arrives, we're fucked.