The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Would be great to see both Liverpool clubs suffer. (sorry Niel)

Erm, haven't Everton done little else since the 80's? Hardly been breaking the bank with their champagne bill have they? Had more relegation scrapes than us since the PL, they just didn't go down.

Thanks to a very dodgy Wimbledon goal/ goal that wasn't if I remember in the late 90s

Correct I think, Wimbledon had something to do with it. Weren't they winning at Goodison and Everton were down then something happened? Seem to remember a Barry Horne goal...mind my brain is cooked.

There were evem suggestions of keeper corruption in that game iirc

EDIT: wow, I was basically right for a change!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/1317471.stm

Can see a 0-0. Two sides shitting it for 90min.

Why would we be shitting it? We've played well in most games this season, just couldn't put the ball in the net. Hopefully Saturday brought an end to that.

Liverpool on the other hand.... well, they've been getting the results their play deserved.

you know things are bad when phil brown is defending hodgson in the media

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1589/8/exclusive-brown-hodgson-deserves-chance-put-things-right-liverpool

surely thats worth a goal

and in other ridiculous news (from the same site no less) the idea that liverpool could currently afford juan mata

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1600/3/liverpool-offer-babel-bid-land-valencia-star

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would be great to see both Liverpool clubs suffer. (sorry Niel)

Erm, haven't Everton done little else since the 80's? Hardly been breaking the bank with their champagne bill have they? Had more relegation scrapes than us since the PL, they just didn't go down.

Feel sorry for Everton, and surprised they don't appear to despise Liverpool even more. They would have been huge, certainly bigger than Liverpool, if they had been allowed to compete in Europe during the 80s. However, once again, Liverpool spoilt it for the rest of England and set English football back by 10 years.

Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi claims he has lost interest in taking control of struggling Liverpool.

Kirdi, who was fronting a group hoping to buy out Tom Hicks and George Gillett, claims the American duo's high asking price was putting off potential buyers.

Hicks and Gillett need to find a buyer before 15th October to repay their £282million loans to the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia.

If they are unsuccessful then RBS are poised to take control of Liverpool, the asset against which the loans are secured, and sell the club themselves to recoup their cash.

Hicks and Gillett initially sought an asking price of around £800million for Liverpool, a figure that they subsequently dropped to £600million, but that has been too much for Kirdi.

Price

"Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations," Kirdi told Bloomberg.

"Once everyone is united and there's logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table."

There had been some doubts over whether Kirdi was a real contender to buy Liverpool because he refused to name his backers and is a friend of Gillett's son Foster.

But Kirdi insists his bid to gain control at Anfield was genuine.

"I'm a serious man. I'm not playing but my group said they didn't want to go public because we haven't done the deal," added Kirdi.

Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi claims he has lost interest in taking control of struggling Liverpool.

Kirdi, who was fronting a group hoping to buy out Tom Hicks and George Gillett, claims the American duo's high asking price was putting off potential buyers.

Hicks and Gillett need to find a buyer before 15th October to repay their £282million loans to the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia.

If they are unsuccessful then RBS are poised to take control of Liverpool, the asset against which the loans are secured, and sell the club themselves to recoup their cash.

Hicks and Gillett initially sought an asking price of around £800million for Liverpool, a figure that they subsequently dropped to £600million, but that has been too much for Kirdi.

Price

"Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations," Kirdi told Bloomberg.

"Once everyone is united and there's logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table."

There had been some doubts over whether Kirdi was a real contender to buy Liverpool because he refused to name his backers and is a friend of Gillett's son Foster.

But Kirdi insists his bid to gain control at Anfield was genuine.

"I'm a serious man. I'm not playing but my group said they didn't want to go public because we haven't done the deal," added Kirdi.

:lol:

I would think the majority of prospective buyers will be more than happy to wait and see what happens with RBS in the next few weeks before doing anything.

Of course cause the price will come down drastically. I imagine the bank will basically just be looking ot get their money back.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone got a link to the Everton board that has apparently done a ton of amusing pictures based on that ridiculous Hodgson/ Sammy Lee snap?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

SSN report New England Sports Ventures - owners of Boston Red Sox - one of the bidders. Amercian sports team owners .. that should cheer #LFC fans.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SSN reporting that New England guys have had/are having financial trouble... out of the frying pan.

For all the fast flowing football Arsenal play, they have some slow fans.   :razz:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

SkyNewsBreak Liverpool on brink of being sold after accepting two bids - one from owner of Boston Red Sox, Sky sources say LFC

That's pretty fucked up (the removal thing).

And hilarious.

Please, please, please, administration. Why would anyone want to buy them now rather than when in administration, and therefore much cheaper?