The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Like he was found out at Blackburn? He shown class throughout his managerial career.

That's great, but I wouldn't be hiring a manager based on what he did 15 years ago.

Why, what's changed? Football is football.

Look at his record for goodness sake, he's a top manager.

Can't see anyone denying that. But it's in the past.

You don't go backwards to go forwards.

Aye, whatever.

I wouldn't turn to Dalglish to restore Liverpool's status just like I wouldn't turn to Shearer to solve our striking crisis.

Didn't think I was saying anything particularly controversial, but hey I'm just a biased fool who hates him.

I guess we'll see this time next year who is right.

Aye, whatever.

I wouldn't turn to Dalglish to restore Liverpool's status just like I wouldn't turn to Shearer to solve our striking crisis.

Didn't think I was saying anything particularly controversial, but hey I'm just a biased fool who hates him.

I guess we'll see this time next year who is right.

Come on man :lol:

How are those 2 scenarios even remotely comparable? There's nothing physically or mentally stopping Daglish from managing a PL club. At Liverpool, his past works heavily in his favour.

Having watched the horrible unbalanced sides he put out at Newcastle I'm with Johnny on this one. Like Allardyce at Blackburn, he's walked into a side built for his defensive mindset. A side he wouldn't have had the imagination to put together himself. If he's a top manager he must have hated us with a passion to have put out some of the fear-ridden line ups he did.

Guest schmuck

Dalglish's best results were with the players Keegan bought. The more of them he replaced with his own turgid shite, the worse our results got.

What about Given, Hamann, Solano, Tomasson and Speed? 3 of them were huge in any success we had since, and the other 2 went on to be top European players. Yes he bought a lot of filler early on, but so did Bobby, the big difference being he was allowed to continue building after a a mid table finish and Dalglish wasn't. I'm the biggest Keegan fan going but you can't blame him for breaking up his team, if you've got different ideas to your predecessor chances are you'll need different players.

I hope they get in really. Might hurt them getting into the top 4 next year while at the same time hitting Spurs in the pocket and might unsettle one or two of their stars. Win-win situation imo.

Guest BooBoo

Cringe inducing Liverpool arse licking in the papers today. Fucking hate that prick Dalglish.

their win last night reminds me of us under Keegan beating Spurs 4-1 at White Hart Lane. Will be interesting to see if their owners jettison Dalglish like we did with Keegan.

I can see an argument for bringing in a younger boss in Dalglish's case, and liverpool can get better managers than we can turn to, for a number of reasons. And like Keegan, you have to wonder whether kenny has to hunger to stay in the post for a number of years. if it were me i'd keep Dalglish on for two years but knowing his track record wouldn't expect much beyond that.