The Liverpool Thread

Parky

depends what could legitimately be said to be good enough in that time frame imo, given that your talisman gerard will be more or less gone then

for me

this year challenge for europe

next year strong challenge for europe, close to CL qual

third year they should be challenging for the CL spots

unless they spend citeh money regardless of what the fans think liverpool have no right to be demanding any more than that imo

think you have to give him some leeway in trying to implement his "system" like, also bear in mind he was badly let down in the summer market

european challenge should be enough for them this season imo

They finished 8th last season, we fucked up, that should give them 7th.

Also, WBA & Swansea have new managers too.

I'd just like to see some progress. The summer transfer window will be critical. If he wastes all the money like Kenny did, I'll be livid.

Also, I don't like the crap he comes out with in press conferences. "Winning the passing" and blaming the kids he picked. He gives me the creeps, too.

Of course he does, but whether he'll be good enough after 3 years …

Absolutely. The assumption that you give a manager X number of years and he then produces is a bit daft.

Fergie was given time, because it was plain he WAS getting there at Man U.

Not every manager will produce if you're patient. Sometimes you're only prolonging the inevitable

think you have to give him some leeway in trying to implement his "system" like, also bear in mind he was badly let down in the summer market

european challenge should be enough for them this season imo

Badly let down? They spent 15M on Allen, 10M on Borini (both assuredly "his" players), a couple of million each on players for the future, then shed a few squad players. They then spunked 12M on Sturridge in Jan. I've said earlier in the thread, the comparison with AVB suggests that he has underperformed.

I actually think he's doing a decent job, and certainly needs more time, but you can't argue that he hasn't been backed in the transfer market.

he was left with 1 proper striker after the summer window, which is clearly what i was referrring to...we were almost up in arms 'cause we didn't sign someone to play with ba and cisse ffs :lol:

Well he was the one that decided to loan out Carroll.

Of course he does, but whether he'll be good enough after 3 years …

Absolutely. The assumption that you give a manager X number of years and he then produces is a bit daft.

Fergie was given time, because it was plain he WAS getting there at Man U.

Not every manager will produce if you're patient. Sometimes you're only prolonging the inevitable

It wasn't clear that Ferguson was getting there at all.

Didn't Fergie win a cup and then a bunch of the best English players of the last 30 years dropped into his lap through no effort of his own?

FA cup League Cup and Cup Winners Cup before he won the league. Plus the likes of Neville Beckham and Scholes weren't for a few years after they won the first league title before they became regulars and people were questioning his sanity when he decided to put his faith in them clearing out some of the old guard