The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Dalglish added: "It is a blow to anyone but it's more disappointing for the player than it is for us, obviously.

"We just have to get on with it and without being disrespectful to the players who are injured the most important ones are the ones who are fit.

"They are the ones who can be chosen. At this particular moment in time I'm as good a player as Steven."

Nicely unnecessary and disparaging from Kenny there!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Gerrraaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd out for the rest of the season.

I was talking to the Rangers reserve team fitness coach (who's a proud Liverpool supporter) at a family birthday party last weekend, and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard announced himself injured during a training session. Said he reckons Gerrard has lost a lot of fight and bottle, he also mentioned he finds it odd that Gerrard never seems to get injured in a match and its always an injury in training or away from cameras.

:lol:

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/1064581/basketball-star-takes-minority-stake-liverpool-fc/

When MT woke up this morning and saw that US basketball star LeBron James had taken a small ownership stake in Liverpool FC, we wondered if it was a late April Fool. But the deal makes a lot of sense. LeBron’s a huge star in the US, but not that well known outside it (except by basketball fans, obviously). Liverpool are one of the most famous football clubs in the world, but have a relatively small following in the US - and since they’re now under (good) US ownership, this looks like a great opportunity for the two parties to explore synergies and extend their brand reach. Though we can't help harking back fondly to the days when talking about 'brand' and 'synergy' in connection with your local football team would have been a good way to get a slap...

As if I needed another reason to hate them.

Gerrraaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd out for the rest of the season.

I was talking to the Rangers reserve team fitness coach (who's a proud Liverpool supporter) at a family birthday party last weekend, and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard announced himself injured during a training session. Said he reckons Gerrard has lost a lot of fight and bottle, he also mentioned he finds it odd that Gerrard never seems to get injured in a match and its always an injury in training or away from cameras.

:lol:

I think he's very prone to muscle injuries. I can remember in the early part of his career, he had a back problem that meant that after every game he had to undergo quite a complex bit of physio to get his muscles relaxed and ready to play again. It could have been something to do with over-use at an early age.

Owen may have been a victim of the same syndrome.

Just having a nosey on RAWK.  Fucking hell, they almost make those cunts on RTG look level headed.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=273634.0

Liverpool FC and its supporters are totally unique.

What other supporters would have fought so hard to oust the cowboys we had in charge of us.

Our 'Away supporters' are immense and there'd be more of them if tickets were available.

We're not 'Glory Hunters' we are the most educated supporters in the world.

If you think we're like other supporters you are supporting the wrong club.

Pass me the sick bucket.

I googled this vilas boas fellow and I see he is a brazilian farmer who claimed to be abducted by aliens in 1957.  Interesting choice.

Shortly after this, Boas claimed that he was joined in the room by another humanoid. This one, however, was female, very attractive, and naked. She was the same height as the other beings he had encountered, with a small, pointed chin and large, blue catlike eyes. The hair on her head was long and white (somewhat like platinum blonde) but her underarm and pubic hair were bright red. Boas said he was strongly attracted to the woman, and the two had sexual intercourse. During this act, Boas noted that the female did not kiss him but instead nipped him on the chin.

Not deluded enough to go to Liverpool.

Guest Roger Kint

Is this the famous liverpool support who sang once after they scored against us this season and failed to sing again after that? 

Or a few years ago booed their team off for getting a point at home to Stoke which took them top of the Premier League.......

Of course Liverpool is a special club. The fans of no other club on the planet are convinced, to a man, that every single one of them is a comedy icon. I have seen precious little humour on RAWK compared to here. The banter between some of the regulars on here can be quite hilarious at times. Much better than the now defunct Chronicle forum i used to read which was full of complete tossers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-13090654

The families of the Liverpool fans killed in the Hillsborough disaster have requested that Kenny Dalglish receives a knighthood.

Ex Lord Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotherham MP told fans at an Anfield memorial service that the families have asked him to table an Early Day Motion.

The EDM would request the Queen to knight on the Liverpool manager.

It was the first time Dalglish attended the memorial service as Liverpool boss since 1990 one year after Hillsborough.

Mr Rotherham said it was "so that on all our behalf the King of the Kop can become Sir Kenny".

The announcement was met with cheers and a standing ovation from the Liverpool faithful and chants of "Kenny".