The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I was at a conference in Birmingham on Monday and Tuesday, which obviously lead to me being suitably pissed on the night time as well.

Had a good long chat to a sound Scouse bloke who had nothing but praise for us as supporters, especially when our supporter laid the wreath down at Anfield.

Started talking about how he really rates Carroll - (yet agreed with me that he's not worth the price they've paid for him) but can see him being an England regular for years to come.

He also thought that Peter Beardsley is the most underrated player this country has ever produced.  :thup:

Moral of the story? Jonny loves scousers and wants to cuddle all of them.

:lol: As I was away with work I had to be quite reserved.

What made it worse was the fact he was a really sound lad. When inside my head all I kept on thinking was "do not call him a wall pushing, murdering, cunt."

Dalglish is like Keegan with us. There's a special bond there that he has with both Liverpool and their supporters, exactly like we have with Keegan.

Outsiders don't get it, they ridicule it.

We're the last group of supporters that should be chastising Liverpool fans for "going overboard" with Dalglish.

He's done a superb job since returning there - and with the right investment I can see them pushing on in the summer to challenging for a Champions League place again. Sadly.

:thup:

Agreed.

Me too, and it's sad that there's a fair old chunk of our support who are very critical of KK. I wonder if it's the same at Liverpool, I doubt it.

As an NUFC fan I find it impossible to understand those who dislike KK, absolute madness, he's provided by far and away, and it pains me to say it, the best football I'm likely to ever experience as a Newcastle fan. Unfortunately I wasn't about for his playing days but pa raves about that promotion season too. Legend.

I was at a conference in Birmingham on Monday and Tuesday, which obviously lead to me being suitably pissed on the night time as well.

Had a good long chat to a sound Scouse bloke who had nothing but praise for us as supporters, especially when our supporter laid the wreath down at Anfield.

Started talking about how he really rates Carroll - (yet agreed with me that he's not worth the price they've paid for him) but can see him being an England regular for years to come.

He also thought that Peter Beardsley is the most underrated player this country has ever produced.  :thup:

Moral of the story? Jonny loves scousers and wants to cuddle all of them.

:lol: As I was away with work I had to be quite reserved.

What made it worse was the fact he was a really sound lad. When inside my head all I kept on thinking was "do not call him a wall pushing, murdering, cunt."

:lol:

Dalglish is like Keegan with us. There's a special bond there that he has with both Liverpool and their supporters, exactly like we have with Keegan.

We're the last group of supporters that should be chastising Liverpool fans for "going overboard" with Dalglish.

He's done a superb job since returning there - and with the right investment I can see them pushing on in the summer to challenging for a Champions League place again. Sadly.

:thup:

Agreed.

Me too, and it's sad that there's a fair old chunk of our support who are very critical of KK. I wonder if it's the same at Liverpool, I doubt it.

As an NUFC fan I find it impossible to understand those who dislike KK, absolute madness, he's provided by far and away, and it pains me to say it, the best football I'm likely to ever experience as a Newcastle fan. Unfortunately I wasn't about for his playing days but pa raves about that promotion season too. Legend.

:nods:

Guest BooBoo

To be fair the Scousers I know are all sound and generally know their football, its the collective that pisses me off. Same can be applied for fans of the Manchester clubs.

Anyone think Dalglish may be punished for his outburst at Wenger?

Im sure there will be a few mancs screaming for the FA to take action claiming "if that was Wayne Wooney".

I'd be surprised if he was.  Daglish was "caught on camera", Rooney ran up to the camera to yell.  Just not comparable imo.

enjoyed his telling off of the sky interviewer about it too

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid761333525001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAnV5Z0~,xyoxShbYDLGSh2yu4XruBQh1N8XmHpc9&bctid=908290044001

It's unclear whether Liverpool's uptick is down to Dalglish or down to replacing Fernandon't Scorres with Suarez and Carroll. Probably some combination of the latter with a bit of honeymoon factor and "anyone-but-Woy" syndrome mixed in.

It's far too early to be making long-term predictions. We don't even know whether he's staying on for next season.

Guest BooBoo

It's unclear whether Liverpool's uptick is down to Dalglish or down to replacing Fernandon't Scorres with Suarez and Carroll. Probably some combination of the latter with a bit of honeymoon factor and "anyone-but-Woy" syndrome mixed in.

It's far too early to be making long-term predictions. We don't even know whether he's staying on for next season.

Essentially it's pretty shameful that LFC players just didnt want to play for Woy. Now Kenny is back, they've rolled their sleeves up.

I'm not at all convinced he's a great manager. He inherited by far and away the best team in England in the 80s and at Blackburn his spending muscle dwarfed everyone else at the time.

Essentially it's pretty shameful that LFC players just didnt want to play for Woy. Now Kenny is back, they've rolled their sleeves up.

I'm not at all convinced he's a great manager. He inherited by far and away the best team in England in the 80s and at Blackburn his spending muscle dwarfed everyone else at the time.

Tbf to him, he still had to re-shape and replace some players in that team and he did make it his own. A lot of Liverpool fans also believe it was the best they've ever seen Liverpool play.

Actually, not too dissimilar to how Guardiola evolved the Barcelona team that he inherited.

I was at a conference in Birmingham on Monday and Tuesday, which obviously lead to me being suitably p*ssed on the night time as well.

He also thought that Peter Beardsley is the most underrated player this country has ever produced.  :thup:

Twas my uncle. :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He also thought that Peter Beardsley is the most underrated player this country has ever produced.  :thup:

Had a similar experience at a party up in Scotland last month. Was talking to the Ranger's Reserve Team Fitness Coach, and he had nothing but good things say about Newcastle and its Supporters. Sort of made me feel a bit crap for being so loathing of Liverpool's.  :lol: Guess we're very similar when it comes down to it... only they're way more lucky!

On a different note, are these lot actually the most disgustingly ugly team in world football? I was hid behind the fucking couch for most of the game.

:lol:

My lass said that yesterday, too!

What do you mean? I asked. Sky Sports showed in order:

Flanagan

Spearing

Suarez

Kuyt

Ah, aye, looks like a right little radgie convention.

I'm not really concerned about Dalglish's special bond with Liverpool, he's welcome to it. I just question whether he's got what it takes to be a great manager based on the teams he used to put out at Newcastle which lead to chants of "attack...attack...attack, attack, attack" rolling down the aisles by the end of his tenure here.

Maybe outsiders just like to think we are dumb geordies who didn't have the patience to stick with Kenny's master plan but from what I can recall it was just ultra defensive line ups with no width because Kenny was more concerned about the dangers posed by the opposition than our own game. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

And he understands he won't get away with that at Liverpool, because of his bond with the club.

I still think it'll all blow up spectacularly in his face, especially if they fail to strengthen properly in the Summer.

The novelty will wear off, the 'King Kenny' tag can only take you so far. The owners of a football club should never appoint a manager that is bigger than the club.

Spearing looks like the product of some mad scientist's attempt to combine human and potato into one monstrous starchy war machine. When he was leading their back line with that Flanagan I think I saw Arsenal fans in the stadium genuinely weeping blood.

They both look like 80's throwbacks.

Spearing looks like the product of some mad scientist's attempt to combine human and potato into one monstrous starchy war machine. When he was leading their back line with that Flanagan I think I saw Arsenal fans in the stadium genuinely weeping blood.

80s? I'm thinking more pre-humanity throwbacks. They look like they should be hoying rocks at mammoths.

80s? I'm thinking more pre-humanity throwbacks. They look like they should be hoying rocks at mammoths.

;D