The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It's still early doors, but it looks like we might have some proper sports folk in charge instead of bu$ine$$men.

Regardless of you what you think or Gillett & Hicks they were sports people in pretty much the same way as J.W Henry. Methods & how they go about things may be different though.

question is whos going to buy these high earning fringe players, not exactly going to be a huge line of clubs for the likes of Joe Cole

Thought he was off to Spurs or was that just made up speculation?

question is whos going to buy these high earning fringe players, not exactly going to be a huge line of clubs for the likes of Joe Cole

Appy Arry will have Coley. The likes of Jovanović,  Poulsen &  Degen may be harder to move on.

Thought he was off to Spurs or was that just made up speculation?

Martin Jol in the other clubs transfers said it turned out to be his agent trying to drum up interest but isn't going to Spurs

Looks like they will end up spending over £50m on 2 players.

That £50m could have been MUCH better spent.

it's got a bit of a stink of shepherds crazy reaction to gullits failure to me - rafa spunked so much money on foreign shit they're reacting to it by aiming for brits and players where "you know what you're gonna get"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Do any of these signings actually 'link' together? Are they the missing pieces to fix the squad into a team? Who is Carroll's supplier? Who is Surez'? Just seems to be buying/linked to any player under the sun at the moment. Sadly, it does seem a bit similar to his signings at Newcastle, where he was just buying without any foresight as to how they'd mould together as a team.

Guest magpie99

53 million pounds for 2 players (Carroll and Henderson) who have the grand total of 4 international caps between them....................and apparently another 19 million quid on a 19 year old kid from Blackburn.....................

IT WILL ALL END IN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Just took a look on rawk to see what they think, lots saying it's great and there that there building for the future etc, but the thing is these average players are going to want 70-80k a week for the next 5-10 years it's total madness

I should be pissing myself that Sunderland are selling there better players but getting 20m for Henderson is going to improve them a lot more than keeping him would

53 million pounds for 2 players (Carroll and Henderson) who have the grand total of 4 international caps between them....................and apparently another 19 million quid on a 19 year old kid from Blackburn.....................

IT WILL ALL END IN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Phil jones is worth the money from what I've seen from him so far. Will be England's No 1 CB when Terry & Rio retire.

Guest firetotheworks

I know Torres hasn't done well at Chelsea but come on, that £50m could have been spent so much better.

Suarex and Carroll? One of them has been fucking mint and the other looks like he could be fucking mint. Time will tell, but I think they've spent it reasonably well, with the potential for it to have been spent amazingly well.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool remove Korea from Asian Tour schedule.

Blatantly Andy Carrol being piss scared of having to fac eme.

Only reason they are touring Asia is because of Standard Charter sponsorship.

It's still early doors, but it looks like we might have some proper sports folk in charge instead of bu$ine$$men.

Regardless of you what you think or Gillett & Hicks they were sports people in pretty much the same way as J.W Henry. Methods & how they go about things may be different though.

Except Henry won stuff.

Do any of these signings actually 'link' together? Are they the missing pieces to fix the squad into a team? Who is Carroll's supplier? Who is Surez'? Just seems to be buying/linked to any player under the sun at the moment. Sadly, it does seem a bit similar to his signings at Newcastle, where he was just buying without any foresight as to how they'd mould together as a team.

Time will tell. Transfer window's not over yet, and we've not seen them play in anger.

I know Torres hasn't done well at Chelsea but come on, that £50m could have been spent so much better.

Suarex and Carroll? One of them has been fucking mint and the other looks like he could be fucking mint. Time will tell, but I think they've spent it reasonably well, with the potential for it to have been spent amazingly well.

The £50m price tag was largely determined by what youse asked for Carroll. Ashley said £35m, so we just passed it on to Chelsea. If he'd asked for £15m, we'd have probably asked for closer to £30m.

To be honest, if we'd only brought in Suarez for Torres it would look like a fantastic bit of business right now.

Liverpool remove Korea from Asian Tour schedule.

Blatantly Andy Carrol being piss scared of having to fac eme.

Only reason they are touring Asia is because of Standard Charter sponsorship.

Yeah, cos we've never toured Asia before  :rolleyes:

Looks like they will end up spending over £50m on 2 players.

That £50m could have been MUCH better spent.

it's got a bit of a stink of shepherds crazy reaction to gullits failure to me - rafa spunked so much money on foreign shit they're reacting to it by aiming for brits and players where "you know what you're gonna get"

You mean the Rafa that took us to two CL finals (winning one) and to second place in the league? Yeah, must have been a big pile of shit he bought. Clearly, buying Brits is merely a reaction to all the foreigners he brought in and has nothing whatsoever to do with UEFA putting limits on the number of foreign players in a side.

Guest north shields lad

wacka whats going on. Henderson for 13 million, now saying you have reached agreement for phil jones for 9 million, and your after adam and whickham? Who is whickham, who does he even play for now, and where are LFC getting all this money from?

minor point here wacko, no 1 uefa are not putting limits on foreign players in the squads (against eu law anyway) its the premier league no 2 its not technically against foreign just against non "homegrown" doesn't matter what nationality you are when it comes to that.

wacka whats going on. Henderson for 13 million, now saying you have reached agreement for phil jones for 9 million, and your after adam and whickham? Who is whickham, who does he even play for now, and where are LFC getting all this money from?

Fuck knows. I know next to nothing about these lads myself.

The money is presumably coming from the owners.

minor point here wacko, no 1 uefa are not putting limits on foreign players in the squads (against eu law anyway) its the premier league no 2 its not technically against foreign just against non "homegrown" doesn't matter what nationality you are when it comes to that.

Dunno about No. 1. I know it's against EU law, but they've made exceptions before. That said, there seems to be a definite strategy of signing Brits in place. Dunno why. Perhaps because they're the only ones who stand a chance of understanding Kenny. Perhaps it's because our foreign side underachieved in the league relative to Europe, but that was clearly due to Rafa's tactics, not the players.

No. 2: homegrown has a very specific meaning for UEFA, namely from that league not that specific club.

Guest north shields lad

Not really, home grown means you have been at the club or in the league for 3 years before your 21, Arsenal have foreign players who are home grown.