The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Can't think that the FA would even consider charging him if they weren't 100% about what the odious cunt said. They know what the charge means  - they're branding him a racist, and they wouldn't do something like that lightly.

Can see a lengthy ban for the little prick. 

Emre got charged and not banned didn't he?

They charged him (Emre) immediately and then heard the evidence though, didn't they? ???

This time they've taken a few weeks to assess things and do their own little investigation THEN charged him.

Could be wrong like.

Can't think that the FA would even consider charging him if they weren't 100% about what the odious c*** said. They know what the charge means  - they're branding him a racist, and they wouldn't do something like that lightly.

They charged him (Emre) immediately and then heard the evidence though, didn't they? ???

This time they've taken a few weeks to assess things and do their own little investigation THEN charged him.

Could be wrong like.

The Emre incident was reported after the game in which it allegedly took place (Everton away). The FA announced a day afterwards that they were launching an investigation. Then a couple of weeks later, Emre was officially charged.

Can't think that the FA would even consider charging him if they weren't 100% about what the odious c*** said. They know what the charge means  - they're branding him a racist, and they wouldn't do something like that lightly.

Could be wrong like.

The Emre incident was reported after the game in which it allegedly took place (Everton away). The FA announced a day afterwards that they were launching an investigation. Then a couple of weeks later, Emre was officially charged.

:thup:

Thought it was knee-jerk at the time. My mistake. 

Guest Heneage

Wasn't his case dropped eventually though? I seem to remember hearing of character references from Clarence Seedorf too (don't quote me on that).

Here man, don't turn this shit on me  :lol:

The following sentence from Wiki will legitimize my choice of words:

Crowds that gather on behalf of a grievance can involve herding behavior that turns violent, particularly when confronted by an opposing ethnic or racial group.

Crowds that gather on behalf of a grievance can involve herding behavior that turns violent, particularly when confronted by an opposing ethnic or racial group.

Get out.

Get out.

Chrome's fault, not mine.

http://www.inkymess.com/imgs/inkings/UncleSam.gif

Get out.

Chrome's fault, not mine.

http://www.inkymess.com/imgs/inkings/UncleSam.gif

Fuck off, Chrome has no problems with legitimise.

I am sure i read on there something along the lines of what is wrong with the word negro anyway by some poster with a chinese sounding name ? Any one else see this ? Am i making this up, it seems to have gone now. The only thing i will say is that if there is evidence it should be released.

I think as far as evidence goes, it's very much Evra's word against Suarez's.

That said, Suarez doesn't deny that he used Spanish N-words to Evra; he denies that they are racist or offensive (which is realistically the case).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/16/luis-suarez-liverpool-fa-racism

in Uruguay it is common practice for people to use derivatives of "negro" in a non-offensive way. "Negrito", for example, is a word that is often used without being deemed as racist.

I've no idea how well Evra understands Spanish. He will certainly have got the gist of anything Suarez said, but it's unlikely that he's familiar with the nuances of South American Spanish.

I think the most probable truth of it is that Suarez used a word or words that Uruguayans don't consider to have racial connotations, which Evra, for lack of familiarity with idiomatic Uruguayan, understood as racist.

If that is the case (and you are not generally anti-"banter"), I think the worst you can accuse Suarez of is a poor choice of words (or perfect choice of words, depending on your attitude to him).

You can't go around punishing people for using words that sound like bad words. Especially foreign words that sound like bad words in a different language. Huuuuuge can of worms.

Negrito is usually used in Uruguay in for example declaring your love to your boyfriend/girlfriend. "Te quiero mi negrito"  - I love you my little black man. That's not the same as saying it to a little, black man in a heated situation on a football field. Two complete different scenarios that just can't be compared.

Negrito is usually used in Uruguay in for example declaring your love to your boyfriend/girlfriend. "Te quiero mi negrito"  - I love you my little black man. That's not the same as saying it to a little, black man in a heated situation on a football field. Two complete different scenarios that just can't be compared.

Except that's the parallel you draw based on your understanding it to mean "little black man". It's not clear that Uruguayans understand it that way, even though that's clearly what it means.

Firstly, people don't think about their own language the same way others do. I mean, how many English people are conscious of sodomy when calling their kids "little buggers" or "little sods", that when they say "berk", they're saying "cunt", or that referring to a disabled person as an "invalid" was literally saying that they are not a valid person?

Secondly, does it actually mean "little black man" in terms of wider connotations? (I don't know Spanish.) Or is it closer to "little n****r" or "little African-American"? That's really important because I think it's pushing it calling it racist when, like you say, he called a little black man a little black man.

I am sure i read on there something along the lines of what is wrong with the word negro anyway by some poster with a chinese sounding name ? Any one else see this ? Am i making this up, it seems to have gone now. The only thing i will say is that if there is evidence it should be released.

I think as far as evidence goes, it's very much Evra's word against Suarez's.

That said, Suarez doesn't deny that he used Spanish N-words to Evra; he denies that they are racist or offensive (which is realistically the case).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/16/luis-suarez-liverpool-fa-racism

in Uruguay it is common practice for people to use derivatives of "negro" in a non-offensive way. "Negrito", for example, is a word that is often used without being deemed as racist.

I've no idea how well Evra understands Spanish. He will certainly have got the gist of anything Suarez said, but it's unlikely that he's familiar with the nuances of South American Spanish.

I think the most probable truth of it is that Suarez used a word or words that Uruguayans don't consider to have racial connotations, which Evra, for lack of familiarity with idiomatic Uruguayan, understood as racist.

If that is the case (and you are not generally anti-"banter"), I think the worst you can accuse Suarez of is a poor choice of words (or perfect choice of words, depending on your attitude to him).

You can't go around punishing people for using words that sound like bad words. Especially foreign words that sound like bad words in a different language. Huuuuuge can of worms.

what on earth are you talking about? Racism is about making an issue of someone's skin colour/ethnic origin/other things. Suarez had no need to mention it at all on a football pitch.

Myself and a group of pals may use racist terms within our group (mix of Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis), however, we know it is in jest.

Similarly, 'negrito' might be used affectionately amongst a group of friends, but when you're on opposing teams in a heated match and you've been narking at each other throughout the match, I'm afraid there's only one intent in Suarez's mind.