The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Speaking to a few Liverpool fans on another forum I go on and they are saying the league has been over for them for ages and they aren't bothered if they lose all their games and fall down the table because the only game that matters is the FA Cup final. I pointed out to them that Everton could finish above them and they are like "We aren't bothered" wanting to be above your rivals is small time stuff.

Fucking deluded.

After all the travails he suffered at Anfield, this victory will mean the world to Hodgson, who has as many wins at Liverpool's famous old ground to his name in 2012 as Kenny Dalglish.

This fact made me LERL.

Re: TWO finals in your first full season back...

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »

Over one season the cup finals are better over 5-6 years consistent 4th place is better than a bunch of cup finals.

However cup finals don't just bring us trophies, they are creating character, a winning mentality and experience for the younger players. Kenny knows what he is doing, next season we will be concentrating on the league and Europe and kids will play Carling and FA cup.

People want to get in CL so we can sign better players but these cup competitions are turning our players into better players, Carroll and Henderson will be immense next season, Shelvey and Coates will be much improved and Skrtel, Suarez and Lucas will be hunting for PFA player of the year.

The King is back, long live the King

Really??

I do enjoy laughing at Liverpool and their comedy manager, signings and league position, but I can't help but think it'll be a bit empty if they collect two cups.

They win stuff all the time though, it's not like us where we'd probably take near-relegation to win owt. :lol:

I remember when Benitez wasn't good enough for them because all he did was make them competitive in cup competition and they wanted to do better in the league.

This season has been a disaster no matter how they dress it up. I just hope they lose the Cup final, even if it is against Chelsea.

At the moment I'd take Chelsea over Liverpool, but just could stand seeing Mr Chelsea being the hero. I'd hate to think what Terry's status would be now had he scored his penalty against Man Utd.

I do enjoy laughing at Liverpool and their comedy manager, signings and league position, but I can't help but think it'll be a bit empty if they collect two cups.

They win stuff all the time though, it's not like us where we'd probably take near-relegation to win owt. :lol:

I remember when Benitez wasn't good enough for them because all he did was make them competitive in cup competition and they wanted to do better in the league.

It was valid criticism, but not because he wasn't good enough. Rather his bloody rotation at the start of the season meant we started too slowly and were out of the running for the league by November. When he finally stopped it, the side settled quickly and we were competitive in the league.

This season has been a disaster no matter how they dress it up. I just hope they lose the Cup final, even if it is against Chelsea.

Yup. It's been a bad one. Hopefully, Kenny's last as manager.

Don't hate on WOOLTONIAN :(

He's RAWK's slightly dotty granddad.

You wouldn't like RAWK laughing at GM, would you?

Nah, he seemed like a nice guy. I just always think, why go to that effort when all you get in response are people taking the piss