The Liverpool Thread

Parky

This is a man who's just had the book thrown at him court for trying to claim these things. No wonder people get ripped off by con men.

This is a man who's just had the book thrown at him court for trying to claim these things. No wonder people get ripped off by con men.

Don't think you've quite got into the spirit of this thread. Hicks is a good man. A man who has been cheated. [/wink]

Makes no difference now, he'd be suing RBS who have nothing to do with Liverpool (he's dropped his case anyway). But I'd take any football club over these leveraged buyouts.

Just seen Hicks on ssn, came across quite well tbf.

As much as I think Hicks is a bit of a shyster, in his long interview on sky (utube), he comes across quite measured and balanced. Interesting to hear that he had plans and art ready for the new stadium (spent 30m with architects at the end of 2008) and was readying to build a 'world class stadium'. He notes that the world fiancial crisis robbed him of the funds and backing he had in place for the stadium, which had to be put on hold. He also points out that Rafa had the second biggest amount of money to spend only behind man city (SAF also points this out somewhere). I think he has a point in the sense that there was a ;conspiracy' by the board to keep him from getting back into the club even though as he maintains "we had the funds ready to pay the RBS loan off". if the last bit is true, there is a good chance that the 1Billion $ law suit for damages looks more promising than just vengence or payback.

He's full of shit. He didn't have the money to repay the loan, he only "pledged" to repay.

Of course the financial crisis made it impossible to build the new stadium. It also made it impossible for H&G to afford to own the club anymore, as they'd borrowed practically all of the money they paid for it.

Hicks just wants someone to pay him to fuck off.

Also, Rafa didn't spend (net) anywhere near £150m. Not even $150m. SAF may well point out that Rafa spent more than him, but Rafa didn't have a squad that had already won the league while Man Utd did.

Turned the corner?

:spit:

Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I missed this match earlier, just seen the result. Must say I do feel so very sorry for Liverpool. :lol:

Could it be that 96 years in the top flight could possibly come to an end next May?

Turned the corner?

Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

I missed this match earlier, just seen the result. Must say I do feel so very sorry for Liverpool. :lol:

Could it be that 96 years in the top flight could possibly come to an end next May?

Would be incredibly fitting.

Turned the corner?

Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

:yikes:  :mackems:

Turned the corner?

Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/history/timeline/1944-1969/reds-relegated-from-top-flight

Hodgson's comments on the game today. :lol: :lol:

I haven't seen anything today. What did he say ?

Doesn't know how they lost. Then went on to ask the interviewer how many games Liv had lost as he's forgotten.  :lol: :razz:

Totally Parkied.  :aww: