The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Reminds me of 'Justice for the ninety sinks'  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, it would have been better if likes of Anne Williams didn't pursue it, so Maggy's cover up would have been successful.

I don't understand anyone mocking the tragedies, or trying to downplay them with "they need to get over it".

If my little son died in that way, I'd go all the way as well. It's easy to say "get over it, who cares, it was long ago" when it's not you who's been affected.

Anyways, not the place to discuss it. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70035.2175.html

So quit banging on, just pretend someone mentioned Heysel, you lot generally have nothing to say on that subject.

They can be silent on many topics, especially in one-minute periods.

I'm feeling ill, and bored, and so took a trip to the RAWKies to discuss player of the year Luis Suarez. Pretty good discussion, mainly very good posters. Mainly.

I think the main problem is who he wants to leave us for.

A team that's only just been marginally not quite as crap as us recently .

:serious:

Still think it should be 65 million, 55 million market price (Cavani, Falcao) + 10 million extra since they are our competitors for the Champions League.

do people honestly think the English press will be on his back for every little thing if/when he's playing for a London club, like when he's with us?

As sad as it is, no I would not expect him to be portrayed in nearly the same manner if he were an Arsenal player.

Will actually be interested to see this myself, when he next bites a player of course.

We will find out in the first 6 league games of the season just how overrated Suarez is and just how much better we will look without him. That is weather (sic) he stays or goes.

PSG have Lavezzi, Ibra, Cavani that can play as strikers. Buying Suarez would be pointless

Suarez is better than two of them, if not all three. So it wouldn't be pointless.

What was very interesting is that Liverpool played Melbourne Victory a day ago at the MCG - they had a crowd of 95,000 to watch, which is twice their capacity at Anfield.....

We can make disparaging comments about them, but with interest like that around the world, they are the ones having the last laugh.....

With a board/owner like ours we are light-years behind them, let alone the Top 4..

TBF you could have sent any of the top 6/7 clubs there and ended up with a crowd that size.

That's true - Melbourne sports fans are insane. The MCG regularly gets 60-80,000 for regular league AFL matches, sometimes twice a weekend. In fact, I reckon we could get 90,000 to an exhibition match, and if we couldn't it would have more to do with the rubbish marketing Ashley would most likely hire rather than not being as attractive.

Guest Phil K

Bloody hell. 95,000 ? I'm in shock.....

Treble thumbs up to those Aussies (even if it is turning up to see the mirror kissers)

Will Suarez be treated the same if he went to Arsenal ? NO, but he's a page filler, so not as drastically as Liverpool fans think.

If to Man U - press will build him up even more. You KNOW what they are like. Rooney and Van Persie's assaults on pitch have been quietly discarded.

So they're right with that. But I gather he wants Madrid anyways

"Fenway Sports Group has made its position clear, Liverpool Football Club is not for sale. There is no truth in this story."

"Like so many rumours in the past about a sale of Liverpool Football Club, there is absolutely no truth in this."

"We have had no meetings with anyone about a sale, we don't know who the source of the rumour is."

Source

For all the crap that RAWK gets, it's one of the best forums for general and in-depth football discussion. Not so much fun and banter as here (which we all love :) ), but the overall level of discussing tactics, etc are very high. Especially the posters with "RAWK Scribe/Writer" in their name tag.

And yes, fuck Arsenal. I wonder how many stars they can put on their jersey for qualifying for CL 15 times in a row.

Suarez may or may not go there, but even if he does, he'll jump the ship the soonest opportunity someone from Spain comes calling.

I really liked Arsenal, but I lost almost all respect for their team for the way they celebrated getting the 4th spot after beating you lot a couple of months ago. Some of those dressing room photos were absolutely pathetic.

You see, I kinda agree, but (a) if I was in the same boat I'd be ecstatic too. What did you expect them to do? (b) you'd kill to be in their position. Sure, it's not a trophy, but it's still millions of miles better than fifth. Sorry, millions of Euros better. And straight into their pay packets too, no doubt.

You see, I kinda agree, but (a) if I was in the same boat I'd be ecstatic too. What did you expect them to do? (b) you'd kill to be in their position. Sure, it's not a trophy, but it's still millions of miles better than fifth. Sorry, millions of Euros better. And straight into their pay packets too, no doubt.

As a side I think you're pretty close to them now and this season if you keep hold of Bale think you have the best chance for a long time to finish in the top 4. Also have a sneaking feeling that ManU will struggle a bit first half of the season till Moyes works things out.

And yes, fuck Arsenal. I wonder how many stars they can put on their jersey for qualifying for CL 15 times in a row.

:lol: What does this mean?  They've had a massively better side than you lot for most of the last 20 years, get over it.

And yes, f*** Arsenal. I wonder how many stars they can put on their jersey for qualifying for CL 15 times in a row.

:lol: What does this mean?  They've had a massively better side than you lot for most of the last 20 years, get over it.

Sure they have. No one has denied it. they have great domestic record (though poor since 2004)...but they are not a team that can gloat about their European pedigree.

Qualifying for a competition is not an achievement, actually winning it (OR at least coming close) is an achievement.

Yea, they've been in CL for 15 years in a row. we've probably been in 9 CLs at the same time period (too lazy to check the exact number), yet we've won the whole f***ing thing, and have reached more semi-finals and finals than them.

Fact is, they will never come even close to winning the CL under Wenger. He's always been tactically inept in Europe.

Jokes aside, I just f***ing hate Arsenal. Probably goes back to 2007 when their fans were singing still calling us "Liverhoof", their fans always  gloating how they are the saviours of beautiful football and how every other team in PL except them is boring. And I watch football for football, not for the positive net spend on the balance sheet.

Anyways, even if Suarez joins them, he'll jump the ship to Spain at earliest opportunity. Arsenal's "BIG SPENDING, WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY" summer so far only consists of Yaya Sanogo.

And yes, f*** Arsenal. I wonder how many stars they can put on their jersey for qualifying for CL 15 times in a row.

Sure they have. No one has denied it. they have great domestic record (though poor since 2004)...but they are not a team that can gloat about their European pedigree.

Qualifying for a competition is not an achievement, actually winning it (OR at least coming close) is an achievement.

Yea, they've been in CL for 15 years in a row. we've probably been in 9 CLs at the same time period (too lazy to check the exact number), yet we've won the whole f***ing thing, and have reached more semi-finals and finals than them.

Fact is, they will never come even close to winning the CL under Wenger. He's always been tactically inept in Europe.

Jokes aside, I just f***ing hate Arsenal. Probably goes back to 2007 when their fans were singing still calling us "Liverhoof", their fans always  gloating how they are the saviours of beautiful football and how every other team in PL except them is boring. And I watch football for football, not for the positive net spend on the balance sheet.

Anyways, even if Suarez joins them, he'll jump the ship to Spain at earliest opportunity. Arsenal's "BIG SPENDING, WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY" summer so far only consists of Yaya Sanogo.

If Suarez joins Arsenal then it's understandable, because they're better than you and it's a step-up.  If an even better club comes in then I'm sure he'll join them.

They came pretty close in that final with Barca like despite have 10 men.

But I agree they don't look like they have a hope of winning the champions league of even the premier league anytime soon.

They were in the final in 2006 (I think). You don't get much closer than that.

One final in 15 years. Pretty poor IMO, considering some of the teams Arsene has had in his disposal during this time period.

One final in 15 years. Pretty poor IMO, considering some of the teams Arsene has had in his disposal during this time period.

They've also won the league 3 times and never fallen out of the top 4 in that time, keep cherry-picking achievements to make out Suarez should stay though.

They've still done better than we have, overall, and spent a lot less to boot.

They've also won the league 3 times and never fallen out of the top 4 in that time, keep cherry-picking achievements to make out Suarez should stay though.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Suarez. I've always gone on about Arsene's poor European record.

Let me clear this. Yes, I am a Liverpool fan. I am fully aware we are quite shit now, 7th best team in the country and having a very disappointing transfer window. My opinion on other teams doesn't necessarily translate to we are better than them.

And I didn't question his domestic record, it's pretty good. Just talking about his European record (OMG WE ARE ALWAYS IN THE CL)

CRINGE

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-2327380-19E07B03000005DC-175_634x454.jpg

This has absolutely nothing to do with Suarez. I've always gone on about Arsene's poor European record.

Let me clear this. Yes, I am a Liverpool fan. I am fully aware we are quite s*** now, 7th best team in the country and having a very disappointing transfer window. My opinion on other teams doesn't necessarily translate to we are better than them.

And I didn't question his domestic record, it's pretty good. Just talking about his European record (OMG WE ARE ALWAYS IN THE CL)

CRINGE

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-2327380-19E07B03000005DC-175_634x454.jpg

As if your lot wouldn't celebrate like that. Give over man. :lol:

Let me clear this. Yes, I am a Liverpool fan. I am fully aware we are quite s*** now, 7th best team in the country and having a very disappointing transfer window. My opinion on other teams doesn't necessarily translate to we are better than them.

CRINGE

As if your lot wouldn't celebrate like that. Give over man. :lol:

anyone outside of Man Utd, City and Chelsea would celebrate that