Luis Suárez

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could he not have just headed it off the line?

Possibly, but not with as much certainty as saving it with his hands. :lol:

He looked to be a couple of yards behind the line, probably just thought fuck it, might as well.

To all the people calling him a cheat, are these the same people who were begging Barry to bring down Olic when he went through for Germany's fourth? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Fucking have a word and stop being so hypocritical.  The lad put his country first, just like all yous wanted Barry to do last Sunday.

Guest Roger Kint

Pure instinct to save it.  He'd probably saved it before he'd even realised what he was doing.

I agree its cheating but this is pretty much spot on. He no doubt couldnt help it, i am sure i couldnt at such a huge time. Mind if it was a player i had no time for i may have said otherwise......

Could he not have just headed it off the line?

Probably could have, but he didn't have time to jump. He was so focussed on stopping the ball going in that he just did whatever was necessary.

To all the people calling him a cheat, are these the same people who were begging Barry to bring down Olic when he went through for Germany's fourth? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

f***ing have a word and stop being so hypocritical.  The lad put his country first, just like all yous wanted Barry to do last Sunday.

Yep.

he cheated AND WAS PENALIZED for it.  He was sent off.  The other team were awarded a penalty, which THEY missed.  Quit the bellyaching like he got away with it.  It's only cheating if you get away with it. 

To be honest, in the same situation I'd want a Newcastle player to do that rather than let the ball fly over his head.

Yep.

dont slag off the likes of solskjear (can't be arsed to check the proper spelling) then when they do cuntish things for their teams. doesn't seem like 2 mins ago terry henry was getting slagged off.

He's cheated pure and simple.

Nope. He was caught and punished.

That would make every single foul a cheat. It was a foul of sorts.

nope, it would make deliberate fouls a cheat, which they are as much as diving,shirt pulling etc.

To be honest, in the same situation I'd want a Newcastle player to do that rather than let the ball fly over his head.

Yep.

dont slag off the likes of solskjear (can't be arsed to check the proper spelling) then when they do cuntish things for their teams. doesn't seem like 2 mins ago terry henry was getting slagged off.

Henry wasn't punished for it. Suarez was.

f***ing have a word and stop being so hypocritical.  The lad put his country first, just like all yous wanted Barry to do last Sunday.

It makes absolutely no difference what so ever. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hacking down Rob Lee, then X the significance by 100. Would you still be claiming he isnt a cheat?

At the end of the day, he stopped a clear goal by deliberately cheating. No two ways about it.

Guest Roger Kint

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/4999096

I was trembling with rage when that happened

It makes absolutely no difference what so ever. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hacking down Rob Lee, then X the significance by 100. Would you still be claiming he isnt a cheat?

At the end of the day, he stopped a clear goal by deliberately cheating. No two ways about it.

Its one of those things when its against you it hurts like fuck, I fucking hate OGS for that but I'd want me/my team/teammate to do the same.

He's cheated pure and simple.

Nope. He was caught and punished.

That would make every single foul a cheat. It was a foul of sorts.

Whether you think he's in the right or not he has still intentionally prevented a goal through foul play. It shouldn't be left to chance, Ghana should be awarded a goal.

Yeah, and the only reason I hate Solskjaer is because it was against NUFC, if it was the other way about I'd be praising him.

It's simple fucking logic like.

Blatantly getting a Suarez Uruguay top not a Forlan one now.

My favourite American footy shirt supplier says they're out of stock with Puma.

Dunno if thats everywhere or just USA.

Yep.

Henry wasn't punished for it. Suarez was.

he was punished for it in as far as the rules allow. its not enough in my opinion.