Goals for Goal-line handballs?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm with madras on this, the header was defiently going in it shouldn't be left to chance if the opposition gain an advantage or not.

Chance? Do they have to take the penalty blindfolded? :lol:

What about the guy being sent off?

:lol:

Ok advantage was the wrong word to use. What I'm trying to say is a goal was a certainty therefore it shouldn't be left be left to a penalty where there is a chance the player could miss.

No. Ridiculous idea for me.

If you're s*** at penalties then that's your fault. Even in the event of a miss you've still got the rest of the match with a 1 man advantage (not much use in tonight's game like, but then, rules aren't based on single matches for a reason)

the original header was good enough to go in, shouldn't have had to take a penalty.

There's far too many grey areas in other cases where this happens for one thing.

And secondly, like I said, the team that is victim of the handball still gets an advantage from the man being sent off even if they miss the pen.

So goals for when a player is clean through and gets taken down aswell then?

Sure f*** it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

f*** off.

no as you can't say for definite if the player would have finished it. unlike in this sort of situation.

Sure f*** it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

f*** off.

no as you can't say for definite if the player would have finished it. unlike in this sort of situation.

So what if a player hits a free kick and looks like a cert to go in, but it hits someone in the walls arm?

Regarding madras's point it boils down to technology again. You'd need it to determine if a goal was 'certain'.

i don't think you needed much technology to see that todays instance would have gone in had he not handled it.

Sure fuck it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

Fuck off.

Are you always this insufferable in conversation or is today just generally a bad day for you?

Anyways, your points are fair and further the discussion, thank you, but I counter with:

This specific instance and instances such as these only. The other instances you mention don't have the ball actually going into the net obstructed by clear cheating. Hence cricket has something called Leg Before Wicket, and basketball has something called Goaltending. You don't get a wicket in cricket if the ball misses the bat by inches, or a basket given if the ball bounces 8 times on the rim and doesn't go in.

Regarding madras's point it boils down to technology again. You'd need it to determine if a goal was 'certain'.

i don't think you needed much technology to see that todays instance would have gone in had he not handled it.

Suarez was standing on the goal line, if he hadn't instinctively put his hands up, it may have just hit off his body and stayed in play.  Debatable whether it would have crossed the line or not.

Suarez was standing on the goal line, if he hadn't instinctively put his hands up, it may have just hit off his body and stayed in play. Debatable whether it would have crossed the line or not.

I've only seen the "goal" once, but it looked like it was headed pretty much directly at his face anyway.

Where was this campaign to get the rules changed yesterday then? It wasn't even an issue yesterday but now there's a clamour to alter the rules because Gyan missed the pen.

Ridiculous.

Sure fuck it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

Fuck off.

Are you always this insufferable in conversation or is today just generally a bad day for you?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,56101.msg1490450.html#msg1490450

You're the one with anger problems, not me.

Where was this campaign to get the rules changed yesterday then? It wasn't even an issue yesterday but now there's a clamour to alter the rules because Gyan missed the pen.

Ridiculous.

So?

You want the game to move on, or not? This is humanity, accept it, warts and all.

:)

Ridiculous.

So?

You want the game to move on, or not? This is humanity, accept it, warts and all.

:)

The rules are the rules, get on with it and take the luck as it comes. :thup:

Fuck off.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,56101.msg1490450.html#msg1490450

You're the one with anger problems, not me.

WOW, was that in... 2008?!

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware I was feeling that way at that precise moment in... 2008.

How does this affect our current conversation again, aside from making you look like a child?

Suarez was standing on the goal line, if he hadn't instinctively put his hands up, it may have just hit off his body and stayed in play.  Debatable whether it would have crossed the line or not.

I've only seen the "goal" once, but it looked like it was headed pretty much directly at his face anyway.

I thought that originally, but it wasn't. It was very much to the right of his head, if he had managed to get his head to it, the likelihood of it stopping the ball from going in was slim.

And, having just reviewed that very post, I'm just as angered!

If one more person Rick Rolls me, I swear on Mensah's f*king right foot...

You've had 2 years to save those important documents, I'm sure you've done so by now!

This case just similar with using hand to get goal. So i think if a goal using hand still confirmed... i guess using your hand to save your goal (beside keeper) still confirmed.

Really gutted for Ghana to get out like this way.

Now I think about, Suarez's gamble only paid off considering:

- It was the last minute of the game

- Ghana missed the penalty

- Ghana lost the penalty shoot out

Also, Uruguay didn't have Suarez for the penalty shoot-out and they are without him for a match. Can you legislate for a crazy situation like this?

f*** off.

Take a breather man, nobody is suggesting any of that nonsense.

For me, if it is clear heading in but for the block (as it was in this case), then a goal must be given but that is sufficient. That would properly redress the situation and restore the attacking team to its fair and original position had it not been for the block. A penalty only gives them a chance to score (admittedly a pretty good one), what was taken away from them is a goal not a chance to score.

Goal and red card is double punishment especially if the offending team had to play substantial amount of time with 10 man.

If it is not clearly going in, then penalty and red card.

Guest malandro

Keep it as it is. A red card and a pen is about as harsh as it gets. Normally, the attacking team wouls core the goal and nothing would be said, just so happens that Uruguay got away with it and suddenly everyone's up in arms wanting to change the rules and award penalty goals??

Nah.

:thup:

People might as well invent a new sport, all these rule changes they want.

Agreed. Though I would like to see the Jabulani banned.  The way it moves about is making a mockery of the game.