Goals for Goal-line handballs?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So goals for when a player is clean through and gets taken down aswell then?

Sure f*** it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

f*** off.

Take a breather man, nobody is suggesting any of that nonsense.

For me, if it is clear heading in but for the block (as it was in this case), then a goal must be given but that is sufficient. That would properly redress the situation and restore the attacking team to its fair and original position had it not been for the block. A penalty only gives them a chance to score (admittedly a pretty good one), what was taken away from them is a goal not a chance to score.

Goal and red card is double punishment especially if the offending team had to play substantial amount of time with 10 man.

If it is not clearly going in, then penalty and red card.

:thup:

So goals for when a player is clean through and gets taken down aswell then?

Sure f*** it, lets just award goals when someone hits the post or bar, I mean it's really close.

f*** off.

no as you can't say for definite if the player would have finished it. unlike in this sort of situation.

So what if a player hits a free kick and looks like a cert to go in, but it hits someone in the walls arm?

You are clearly exaggerating. The there is no such thing as a clear free kick goal. Assuming the wall was distanced properly, nobody can estimate how the ball will travel or how the keeper would have reacted to say that it was gonna be a sure goal. o no in tha case just a penalty (assuming in the box) because the handball did not stopped a goal.

Don't think this is quite as ridiculous as has been suggested.

I always wondered about "sacrificial red cards" in cup competitions. Where do you the draw the line? Most of you seem to advocate the flagrant cheating/prevention of a goal through a handball, but what if - for example (and I am perfectly aware how ludicrous this is), a player facing Argentina whipped out a crowbar and maimed six of their players? He'd get sent off and the rest of his team would be left facing 5 men (assuming subs had all been used, previously).

Obviously this is extremely far-fetched, but drawing the line isn't as straight-forward, or as easily dismissed, as has been suggested IMO.

Damn dude, I'd hope there'd be some law enforcement action happening there, game be damned. 

I mean, I kind of see what you mean, but I'm not sure how to come up with a more plausible example.

Guest mrainey

No, it's literally one of the most stupid football-related ideas I've ever heard.

This. It's absurd.

Honestly, 90% of the time that penalty would have gone in and Uruguay would be one man down to make up the deficit (if there had been time). The rule is fine but the extremeness (and rarity) of the circumstances is what is pushing people to think it's unfair.

A handball on the line is denying a goalscoring oppurtunity, just like the last man brining down an opposition player is.

So if a handball on the line should result in a goal, does that mean someone who is clean through but is hacked down should get a free kick upgraded to a penalty?  Afterall, they were running in that direction and would have had a free shot on goal..

Giving a goal would be stupid - people wouldn't do it if that was the case anyway - concede a goal and get sent off, or concede a goal? :lol:

That's the point surely..

But then there'd be no need for the rule?

Giving a goal would be stupid - people wouldn't do it if that was the case anyway - concede a goal and get sent off, or concede a goal? :lol:

It'd be a deterrant- I'm guessing people don't want them to do it!

A handball on the line is denying a goalscoring oppurtunity, just like the last man brining down an opposition player is.

So if a handball on the line should result in a goal, does that mean someone who is clean through but is hacked down should get a free kick upgraded to a penalty?  Afterall, they were running in that direction and would have had a free shot on goal..

Messi, you repeated the same confusion so I will repeat my argument. A handball on the line is NOT denying a goalscoring opportunity....it is denying a goal, period. It is different from the last man bringing down a player situation which is denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Fair enough if you disagree with the proposal to give the goal, but don't do that by using weird conclusion based on 2 situations which are not analogous

It'd be a deterrant- I'm guessing people don't want them to do it!

Actually, re-reading, I have no idea what argument you're trying to mark ya dafty. :lol:

Can someone point me in the direction of a thread of the same nature after Steven Taylor handballed against Aston Villa?

I mean, I'm sure there is one since these people lambasting Suarez are only concerned about the game of Football.

Can someone point me in the direction of a thread of the same nature after Steven Taylor handballed against Aston Villa?

I mean, I'm sure there is one since these people lambasting Suarez are only concerned about the game of Football.

Why are you such an arse tonight? There's actually some decent points being raised on both sides and you're going on like a kid because you don't agree.