Eliminate the negative

And latch on to the affirmative

Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum

Bring gloom down to the minimum

Have faith or pandemonium's

Liable to walk upon the scene

Guest elbee909

I'd rather he didn't go down easily, sure.  But it's what footballers are told to do, and they do it.  All of them.

Hate seeing players roll about like that but going to pretend it didn't happen as he was an absolute beast today and it made for a truly hilarious end to the game  :bluf:

I honestly think that the high pressure nature of football makes it an instinctive action by players to do so.

Hate seeing players roll about like that but going to pretend it didn't happen as he was an absolute beast today and it made for a truly hilarious end to the game  :bluf:

I honestly think that the high pressure nature of football makes it an instinctive action by players to do so.

:lol: They seem to manage OK in other sports.

If you can't beat them, join them. Unfortunately this is what football's become and until the powers that be make a concerted effort to remove this type of behaviour it's the least I'd expect him to do in that situation; he had to make sure the referee gave Reina the red card he deserved.

Surely people can see the differance betwean over exaggerating contact to bring the referee's attention to a foul, and diving?

Both look shit, but one is to gain an unfair advantage, the other is to make sure the other team don't gain an unfair advantage.

How typical would it be if that red-card costs us a place in Europe because the reserve Liverpool keeper fucks up in the Semi Final. :lol:

Thought he was excellent today, obvious contender for man of the match, lost count of the number of blocks and tackles he made.

However, I really thought he was going to get a 2nd yellow for dragging back Suarez in stoppage time. When the ref blew he put his hands up to his face like he knew he was off - quite fortunate to get away with it, I thought.

Thought he was excellent today, obvious contender for man of the match, lost count of the number of blocks and tackles he made.

However, I really thought he was going to get a 2nd yellow for dragging back Suarez in stoppage time. When the ref blew he put his hands up to his face like he knew he was off - quite fortunate to get away with it, I thought.

Yes - that was worth a yellow.  We got very lucky with Swansea in mind

My MOM today could have gone so wrong today, no Colo would have been easy excuse to make but instead he rose to the challenge and was a rock tbh. Cisse and Barfa will get the headlines but in terms of a step up it's The Perchinator.

Dunno why people are giving him a hard time for going down...put it this way, if Perch had held his ground when Reina went in with his head, and instead of falling down, had went in with his head back...would Reina have went down? Fucking rights he would.

Guest ToonZA

Tackled everything in sight, played the ball out of defence nicely and excellent anticipation for some intercepts. The incident with Reina will unfortunately now detract from the fact that he was Colo-like today.

Really happy for the lad. He had a torrid time not too long ago and has shown great character to be playing as well as he been for the past month or so.