James Perch

BeloEmre

If you go in with your head like that, you're off. No complaints.

Dissapointing reaction from Perch though, tainted anothwise excellent performance. If the likes of Suarez and co want to hurl themselves to the ground then that's unfortunate, i'd rather our players didn't.

I'd agree with this. Was funny though.

Guest Wally_McFool

I hope Perchy getting the Spanish slaphead sent off doesn't come back to bite us in the arse for the FA Cup Semi Final and cost us the UEFA Cup place.  :cheesy:

I say reduce Reina's ban to one game.

Anyway, who is Liverpools reserve goalie and is he any good.

Dissapointing reaction from Perch though, tainted anothwise excellent performance. If the likes of Suarez and co want to hurl themselves to the ground then that's unfortunate, i'd rather our players didn't.

I would have been hugely pissed off if he hadn't gone down like a sack of shit, the game is built on cheating and diving at the slightest contact, Tiote didn't go down in siilar circumstances last year against Fulham (Murphy I think who then went on to run the game for them).

I personally hate it, but it's part and parcel of the modern game, if someone is stupid enough to stick their head in your face you go down and make sure the ref sees it, no different to falling over when someone brushes past you.

I would have been hugely p*ssed off if he hadn't gone down like a sack of s***, the game is built on cheating and diving at the slightest contact, Tiote didn't go down in siilar circumstances last year against Fulham (Murphy I think who then went on to run the game for them).

I personally hate it, but it's part and parcel of the modern game, if someone is stupid enough to stick their head in your face you go down and make sure the ref sees it, no different to falling over when someone brushes past you.

An unfortunate truth.

I need to see the incident BUT although I am no fan of players making a meal of it, if it helped the ref make the right decision then it is no big deal, plus they set the tone when Carroll decided to dive early on so if Perch helped us get a little bit of an edge against those cheating twats then so be it

Perch was class today, definitely MOTM, which says a lot considering how class a few of the other players were

I would have been hugely p*ssed off if he hadn't gone down like a sack of s***, the game is built on cheating and diving at the slightest contact, Tiote didn't go down in siilar circumstances last year against Fulham (Murphy I think who then went on to run the game for them).

Exactly what I tried to say. Blame the game, not Perchinho.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Can't belive this guy wasn't MOM. Carroll played shite(as always) and made willo look good but Perch was Steven Taylor like today.

Can't belive this guy wasn't MOM. Carroll played shite(as always) and made willo look good but Perch was Steven Taylor like today.

Sky awarded the MOTM to Williamson purely because of the red card incident IMO.

I have to say I was surprised but happy Willo got it, he needed it.

Perch was outstanding for 90 minutes again.

His reaction in the Reina incident tarnishes him somewhat, but he got punished for it and it made sure the referee couldn't cop out of it.

If you go in to a player like that, it should be a red. Perch didn't make Reina come for him.

Can't belive this guy wasn't MOM. Carroll played s****(as always) and made willo look good but Perch was Steven Taylor like today.

:thup:

Guest VaVaVoom

This.

Will be sure to mention this thread the next time one of our players gets sent off and an opponent over-reacts :lol:

Fairly sure despite the anger shown towards the 'actor' the majority will be pissed off at our player who has done something silly to get sent off.

I don't really see what the point of bringing this thread up would be anyway, no-one is calling Perch a legend or anything, just accepting that it's a pathetic action that has to be accepted due to the 'modern game' (in reality this has probably been going on for years).

The centerbacks were pretty consistent in their man marking, it was almost always Williamson on Carroll and Perch on Suarez. Wasn't sure he was going to be able to handle him, but he was more than capable, Suarez was almost invisible at points. Great performance.

I don't really see what the point of bringing this thread up would be anyway, no-one is calling Perch a legend or anything, just accepting that it's a pathetic action that has to be accepted due to the 'modern game' (in reality this has probably been going on for years).

I know people would not be as accepting of it if it went against us is what I meant.

It's a bit of a moot point really, as we would have won anyway but just saying.