How do you rate this World Cup

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

The World Cup is almost over, and barring a game that's the best I've ever seen, this has easily been the worst World Cup I've ever experienced. Your thoughts?

The World Cup is almost over, and barring a game that's best I've ever seen, this has easily been the worst World Cup I've ever experienced. Your thoughts?

Same. Literally the worst thing i've ever seen/HEARD.

Guest BooBoo

In comparison to previous tournaments its been pretty hopeless tbh.

Dull group stage, lack of great individual performances, empty seats, no atmosphere, England being tosh, no real brilliant sides.

Unless tonight's final gives us a a special moment, its difficult to think what will be the moment we all remember in ten years time. Perhaps Suarez's handball or more likely the constant drone of the vuvuzelas.

I've still enjoyed it as i do all international tournaments, but its been far from a classic.

Guest firetotheworks

The thing that really got me more than anything in this is not just the lack of quality, but the lack of upsets. When France and Italy went out, and even when Italy lost to New Zealand, it was just like 'ah right.' nothing massively surprising aside from reading the actual scoreline.

It's a world cup, therefore it's amazing. However, if it's compared to previous, then it's somewhere around 'OK'. Give it a year, and a few montages, and this will have been the best World Cup evvaa.

I'm sad to see it end today :(

The thing that really got me more than anything in this is not just the lack of quality, but the lack of upsets. When France and Italy went out, and even when Italy lost to New Zealand, it was just like 'ah right.' nothing massively surprising aside from reading the actual scoreline.

???

The teams are too evenly matched for you?

Guest firetotheworks

Italy v New Zealand was a draw.

And you don't consider that Italy losing? YOURE MENTAL YOU!

If the basis for comparison is against other World Cups, it's pretty shocking. The worst I've seen in fact.

Obviously it's still international football where we would otherwise have a vacuum in our lives which would be filled by work, etc....

Guest firetotheworks

???

The teams are too evenly matched for you?

Nah, because that's only on paper. I want to see the best teams playing at their best. And none of them have bar Spain, who have been ruthlessly perfunctory, but still decent to watch. The upsets just lacked everything but the score-lines, that's all I mean. I remember thinking World Cup '94 was shit, but this has the title now. Saying that '06 was fucking excellent.

Guest BooBoo

I'd say USA 94 is the best World Cup i've seen in my lifetime.

Probably the last World Cup to be won by a truly great team.

Too much is known about the teams & players now for the World Cup to have WOW factor for me. This has been my worst W/C. I was collecting world cup stickers in 82 but can only remember bits of it, so my W/C's start from 1986.

It's been fine.

I don't think we're ever going to have any more of those classic World Cups. The game has changed. The top players in the world who'd usually give us those memorable performances are now playing too many games in a season, working too hard, by the time the World Cup comes around they're all knackered. The Nike Curse is pretty much just a reflection of that.