How do you rate this World Cup

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's been decent. The first round of games was poor and that has created a lasting impression of the quality of football, which has actually improved as the tournament's gone along.

We haven't had enough exciting games between the better teams. Holland v Brazil wasn't as open as people expected, same with Spain v Germany. The only really good match was England v Germany and that was because there was tension and drama. Even the Germany v Argentina match wasn't that fun because the Germans were just much better.

Saying that, I'm still sad that it's over. Can't wait for Brazil '14.

Somewhere between Not bad and Poor.

It was built up to be so much and its expectation inevitably let it down. None of the big nations turned up IMO.

The likes of Argentina, Spain, Brazil etc. should have put on masterclasses in football at times and just when you thought it was going to happen, it didn't. I don't even think Germany were that good - they just came up against teams that had gave very poor performances on the day (England and Argies).

Spain have been boring, Brazil were poor, Italy, France and England just nosedived. Poor referees, blabbering pundits, dodgy footballs and those fucking horns.

It did have its moments, it was great to have football on the box every day, but I can't say that I'll miss SA 2010.

Decent. Thankfully it picked up after that horrid first week or so. Also ruined by the poor/annoying atmosphere and to be honest I'm glad it's over.

Bring on the Prem.

Guest firetotheworks

The World Cup is almost over, and barring a game that's best I've ever seen, this has easily been the worst World Cup I've ever experienced. Your thoughts?

Which was the best game?

Ah, I can see why you'd read that in that way. I mean barring a game tonight that will be the best I've ever seen.

fwiw I think England vs Germany was probably the best match.

The World Cup is almost over, and barring a game that's best I've ever seen, this has easily been the worst World Cup I've ever experienced. Your thoughts?

Which was the best game?

Ah, I can see why you'd read that in that way. I mean barring a game tonight that will be the best I've ever seen.

fwiw I think England vs Germany was probably the best match.

Could have guessed it would have been a game involving Germany tbh. They are the only team that's been truly exciting to watch this World Cup.

If England had made the semi finals lots of people would think it was a lot better.

But that would be people getting mixed up between a good World Cup, and a good World Cup for England.

In hindsight it would have been better if Italy and France qualified for the knockouts. The first round of matches were awful. The tournament will be rembered by the Suarez Handball and Lampards over the line 'goal'.

If England had made the semi finals lots of people would think it was a lot better.

Really?

Really.

If England won it, do you think people would say it had been poor?

EDIT:  'English people' obviously.

I was meaning that your statement was fairly obvious. People are always blinded by success.

That said, I would have fkin loved it if we won.

Really?

Really.

If England won it, do you think people would say it had been poor?

EDIT:  'English people' obviously.

I was meaning that your statement was fairly obvious. People are always blinded by success.

That said, I would have fkin loved it if we won.

Yeah, that's the point I was making too, blinded by how we do.

Personally I'm not that bothered by how we do as a nation, & it looks like I think it's been a better tournament than a lot of others seem to.

In comparison to previous tournaments its been pretty hopeless tbh.

Dull group stage, lack of great individual performances, empty seats, no atmosphere, England being tosh, no real brilliant sides.

Unless tonight's final gives us a a special moment, its difficult to think what will be the moment we all remember in ten years time. Perhaps Suarez's handball or more likely the constant drone of the vuvuzelas.

I've still enjoyed it as i do all international tournaments, but its been far from a classic.

Pretty fair assessment.

In comparison to previous tournaments its been pretty hopeless tbh.

Dull group stage, lack of great individual performances, empty seats, no atmosphere, England being tosh, no real brilliant sides.

Unless tonight's final gives us a a special moment, its difficult to think what will be the moment we all remember in ten years time. Perhaps Suarez's handball or more likely the constant drone of the vuvuzelas.

I've still enjoyed it as i do all international tournaments, but its been far from a classic.

Lampard's non goal putting us out.

But that would be people getting mixed up between a good World Cup, and a good World Cup for England.

Aye because for most of us the two go together.

I said not bad. Games have generally been boring, vuvuzelas annoying as hell and refereeing below standard. But it is still the World Cup, and it's hard not to be excited by that. Probably the worst of my lifetime though, considering I was only a few months old when Italia 90 was on.