Dan Gosling

Dave

One thing that the lad isn't being given credit for is a bit of ambition. He's moved from a successful club to one that's - let's say  struggling to re-establish itself - because he wants first team action. And I don't believe we'd be paying him much more than Everton, because we're on a tight budget as well.

He wants to get moving on his career and isn't prepared to wait in the queue at Everton. That's okay by me.

Guest malandro

22 Premiership games, 4 goals aged 20.

What are people complaining about again?

Oh and how many premiership goals in the last 2 premiership years have Guthrie, Barton & Smith scored?

Who's complaining?

You are about his experience, yet he's outscored 3 of our midfielders combined in the 22 games in the two years he's played in the Prem. At 20 years old that's not bad.

I’m not complaining about his lack of experience. I’m pointing out that he has very little and is therefore an unknown quantity. As I said earlier I doubt any of us know enough about this lad to make an informed judgement. This is why I asked about his game, to which one flippant response was the sum total of the forums knowledge.

Well his unknown quality is that he's outscored 3 of our midfielders who cost us nearly £15m in transfer fee's alone, and we got him for free and is still 20.

I think you are making too much out of this unknown quantity thing imo, he's proven he can hack it in the prem at 20 years old by scoring goals, 4 of them in 22 games, that's quite decent, especially against our own.

Statiscs can be misleading. Messi scored no goals in the WC. Based on this we could assume he’s s***, but we’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not. 

I don’t want to run the lad down but as a rule most youngsters don’t make the grade. They come in and show some promise. Then they lose the element of surprise, opponents work them out, managers develop tactics to exploit their limitations. The best adapt and grow, but most simply drop down a divsion or two. I’m not saying this will be the case with Gosling - it’s too early in his career to say.

Statiscs can be misleading. Messi scored no goals in the WC. Based on this we could assume he’s s***, but we’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not. 

I don’t want to run the lad down but as a rule most youngsters don’t make the grade. They come in and show some promise. Then they lose the element of surprise, opponents work them out, managers develop tactics to exploit their limitations. The best adapt and grow, but most simply drop down a divsion or two. I’m not saying this will be the case with Gosling - it’s too early in his career to say.

You're talking about him as if he's played a couple of top flight games or something, he's played 30 games for a top 6-7 club over the last 2 years (20 last season alone) scoring 6 goals.  He's a decent Premiership player who might make it as a very good player, to say he might not even make it in the Premiership is way too negative IMO.

Guest malandro

Who's fuelling expectation?! All I see is a few people refusing to write him off just because he was free and is injured.

You need your eyes testing.

22 Premiership games, 4 goals aged 20.

What are people complaining about again?

Oh and how many premiership goals in the last 2 premiership years have Guthrie, Barton & Smith scored?

Who's complaining?

You are about his experience, yet he's outscored 3 of our midfielders combined in the 22 games in the two years he's played in the Prem. At 20 years old that's not bad.

I’m not complaining about his lack of experience. I’m pointing out that he has very little and is therefore an unknown quantity. As I said earlier I doubt any of us know enough about this lad to make an informed judgement. This is why I asked about his game, to which one flippant response was the sum total of the forums knowledge.

Well his unknown quality is that he's outscored 3 of our midfielders who cost us nearly £15m in transfer fee's alone, and we got him for free and is still 20.

I think you are making too much out of this unknown quantity thing imo, he's proven he can hack it in the prem at 20 years old by scoring goals, 4 of them in 22 games, that's quite decent, especially against our own.

Statiscs can be misleading. Messi scored no goals in the WC. Based on this we could assume he’s shit, but we’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not. 

I don’t want to run the lad down but as a rule most youngsters don’t make the grade. They come in and show some promise. Then they loose the element of surprise, opponents work them out, managers develop tactics to exploit their limitations. The best adapt and grow, but most simply drop down a divsion or two. I’m not saying this will be the case with Gosling - it’s too early in his career to say.

He's well passed the stage whether he's going to make it or not, he already has, this isn't some kid from the academy or lower leagues, he's already done it in the prem and is well on his way to becoming a good Premiership player.

I expect the same level as Danny Guthrie, and is where Guthrie was at around 20 years old imo.

It's not a question if he's going to make it, its a matter of what level; average to good prem player like Guthrie is shaping out to be the most likely, and on a free that's great news for us.

Also you are saying Statistics can be misleading, but A: These ones aren't, B: They are totally relevant (comparing our players in the same league) unlike that Messi stuff you brought up, C: you are basing your whole argument on statistics, ie the amount of gametime he has under his belt.

Who's fuelling expectation?! All I see is a few people refusing to write him off just because he was free and is injured.

Oh aye. On second look, everyone on here is proclaiming him as the next Messi  :rolleyes:

Guest malandro

Oh aye. On second look, everyone on here is proclaiming him as the next Messi  :rolleyes:

Statiscs can be misleading. Messi scored no goals in the WC. Based on this we could assume hes s***, but weve seen enough of him to know hes not. 

I dont want to run the lad down but as a rule most youngsters dont make the grade. They come in and show some promise. Then they lose the element of surprise, opponents work them out, managers develop tactics to exploit their limitations. The best adapt and grow, but most simply drop down a divsion or two. Im not saying this will be the case with Gosling - its too early in his career to say.

You're talking about him as if he's played a couple of top flight games or something, he's played 30 games for a top 6-7 club over the last 2 years (20 last season alone) scoring 6 goals.  He's a decent Premiership player who might make it as a very good player, to say he might not even make it in the Premiership is way too negative IMO.

He’s started nine games in the PL.   

Everton fan who drinks in my local says he's a good lad who's going to be a very good player.

Enough for me.

Wouldn't trust him myself...

Trust him more than a football fan who doesn't drink tbh.

Guest orang

Hes started nine games in the PL.   

Correct.  Including three last season.

One thing he does have is the knack of finding himself in goalscoring areas, albeit usually as an impact sub late on against teams.  Not sure how he'd fair as one of the main men in the team.

He’s started nine games in the PL.   

He's still been involved in 30 first team games for Everton (20 of which where during last season), he was an Everton squad player not a reserve..

Howard Kendall having a go at Gosling, he really should concentrate on how his club dropped the ball.

when you know you've fucked up send someone out to attack, in this case hope more focus is on goslings lack of loyalty rather than evertons lack of brain

Howard Kendall having a go at Gosling, he really should concentrate on how his club dropped the ball.

when you know you've f***ed up send someone out to attack, in this case hope more focus is on goslings lack of loyalty rather than evertons lack of brain

How is Kendall's regular newspaper column the club sending someone out to attack Gosling? :lol:

How is Kendall's regular newspaper column the club sending someone out to attack Gosling? :lol:

He's joking...I don't think he is seriously claiming Everton rang up HK to go out on the offensive :rolleyes:

But the Evertonians did f*** up and the syndrome he is referring to is happening. Attack the player and not the club.

There's plenty of people moaning about the club fucking up as well.

Evertonians don't need much of an excuse to whinge about Kenwright and co. Trust me.

[/quote

He's joking...I don't think he is seriously claiming Everton rang up HK to go out on the offensive :rolleyes:

But the Evertonians did f*** up and the syndrome he is referring to is happening. Attack the player and not the club.

There's plenty of people moaning about the club f***ing up as well.

Evertonians don't need much of an excuse to whinge about Kenwright and co. Trust me.

Chooses top manager, buys decent players and manages to keep most of them at club.  Don't know their born

i'll admit to a lack of detailed knowledge - but someone is keeping that manager and purchasing good players.  Whoever is reponsible you still don't know you're born.  It's all relative you see?