Dan Gosling

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
getting there mate but that's me till pre season keep gettin niggles here and there think going america in off season to get fit

Again, no surprise.

Guest BooBoo

When he returns he will have been injured for what, over 18 months?

We've got what we deserved though for ridiculously signing him.

Wages = yes we pay. Transfer fee = nowt. Possbility of being a decent player = still yes imo.

Wages = yes we pay. Transfer fee = nowt. Possbility of being a decent player = still yes imo.

Aye, I reckon so too. He's still young and definitely has time on his side.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Eh?

Guest BooBoo

Eh?

Buying a player with such a serious long term injury was always a stupid risk to take. However, it was a classic case of this NUFC regime identifying a player who could be picked up on a free and then hoping he would generate a large profit. Gosling wasn't signed because Hughton wanted him to be a first team player, he was bought due to the contractual loop hole meaning he was available for nowt.

If he's better than what's currently here (which, from what I've read and seen, he is) then I couldn't give a shit why he's been signed. We've got a load of dead wood picking a few hundred grand between them every week whilst contributing fuck all. They're the problem. 

Eh?

Buying a player with such a serious long term injury was always a stupid risk to take. However, it was a classic case of this NUFC regime identifying a player who could be picked up on a free and then hoping he would generate a large profit. Gosling wasn't signed because Hughton wanted him to be a first team player, he was bought due to the contractual loop hole meaning he was available for nowt.

Getting a player who is free and has (apparently) decent potential just isn't enough, is it? This MUST be another of Ashley's plans to bring the club down.

If he's better than what's currently here (which, from what I've read and seen, he is) then I couldn't give a s*** why he's been signed. We've got a load of dead wood picking a few hundred grand between them every week whilst contributing f*** all. They're the problem. 

:thup: He's only 21 and he's recovering from a serious injury too.

If he's better than what's currently here (which, from what I've read and seen, he is) then I couldn't give a shit why he's been signed. We've got a load of dead wood picking a few hundred grand between them every week whilst contributing fuck all. They're the problem. 

Fair enough if he's been signed because he's a player who we'd want rather than a player who was available due to coming to the end of his contract. Would we have looked at him twice if his contract wasn't due for renewal at Everton?

Fair enough if he's been signed because he's a player who we'd want rather than a player who was available due to coming to the end of his contract. Would we have looked at him twice if his contract wasn't due for renewal at Everton?

We'll never know why he was signed but I'd rather have Gosling in the squad than Smith. Gosling has something to offer, Smith doesn't . 

We'll never know why he was signed but I'd rather have Gosling in the squad than Smith. Gosling has something to offer, Smith doesn't . 

None of them have anything to offer other than to pick up wages for the last 12 months. Even if they were fit there has to be a question mark as to whether they are any good to be honest. I mean who the fuck is Dan Gosling in the greater scheme of things?

Guest Chubby Jason

Yet another bad, bad name for a player. Someone called "Gosling" has no chance of being a top player, awful, pathetic name.

Guest Stephen927

We probably wouldn't have signed him if his contract was still running at Everton because we'd be looking at a fee of £5m+ for a player with a long-term injury.

I stand by what I said at the time, it was a risk worth taking as we have got a player with bags of potential on our books for next to nothing. He's had some troubles with injuries but he is still young, I'd be worried if it was a player approaching 30 we were talking about.

Chances are he'll come back next season and play a good role as a squad player, but with this club it's more than likely he'll be expected to start most games to cover for the players outgoing. That's where we might have a problem as he needs the time to be eased in gently after such a long lay-off.

Guest Flatline

This is like Hargreaves all over again, only he actually had something to show for...

Guest Flatline

If he's better than what's currently here (which, from what I've read and seen, he is) then I couldn't give a s*** why he's been signed. We've got a load of dead wood picking a few hundred grand between them every week whilst contributing f*** all. They're the problem. 

None of them have anything to offer other than to pick up wages for the last 12 months. Even if they were fit there has to be a question mark as to whether they are any good to be honest. I mean who the f*** is Dan Gosling in the greater scheme of things?

:lol: +1

Looking forward to seeing what will effectively be like a new signing in pre-season. If any of the management call him "like a new signing" though it'll infuriate fans, of course :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing what will effectively be like a new signing in pre-season. If any of the management call him "like a new signing" though it'll infuriate fans, of course :laugh:

Him and Ben Arfa will be our first to new signings this summer. Nailed on :lol: