Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was the 'save' when he was on all fours in the area?  :lol: Didn't think too much about it at the time, did he move his arms towards the ball?

Yeah :lol:

Had a cheeky look at the linesman after to check he didn't notice.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was the 'save' when he was on all fours in the area?  :lol: Didn't think too much about it at the time, did he move his arms towards the ball?

Yeah :lol:

Had a cheeky look at the linesman after to check he didn't notice.

:lol:

Get out.

I can't see us staying unbeaten if he starts the next couple of games. Too slow around the pitch and he looks like he'll be second best against a lot of midfield opponents at this level.

he's nolan in disguise, makes good runs into the box,  but not in the same class as cab or guthrie

Guest icemanblue

Did well coming into a game that was being played at a canny pace. Tidy, if a little ponderous, on the ball. Made some crucial interceptions and blocks, too.

We'll not sustain the defensive record we have so far with that awful pairing of Guthrie and Gosling. Immobile, uncreative and just a bit too inert. Adequate back-up for a bottom six team, not good enough for the top end by any stretch of the imagination.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was pretty anonymous myself, at times Guthrie was all alone protecting that back four or driving the team forward from the centre. He could have given away a penalty as well. Still, he hasn't played many minutes in the last year or so.

Not sure how anyone can proclaim we will/won't be able to things with him in the side, what number game was this since he joined?

Fair enough comment on his performance today (thought he was alright myself) but making long term statements is a bit silly and something a few were doing with Ba after his first 100 minutes in the team, Best about 1 game in etc..

Were gonna lose our next two games regardless it Tiote and Cabaye play, anytime for them to be injured it's now, don't want either of them putting in a decent shift against the Manc clubs as they'll be bidding for them next month and ashley has his price.

Guthrie/Gosling partnership is uninspiring, but they are our backup, and we should be grateful we've got them, next option is smith.

I thought he was pretty anonymous myself, at times Guthrie was all alone protecting that back four or driving the team forward from the centre. He could have given away a penalty as well. Still, he hasn't played many minutes in the last year or so.

I agree with this, and he'll get better with more match time I am sure. Think he can be a good utility player but looks like he needs to play reserve games for a while to get his confidence and sharpness back.

Thought he did well, chipped in with a couple of vital pieces of defensive work and made some good forward runs that didn't get picked up on. Hope people aren't going to make a solid judgement based on today, just remember how much football he's played in the last 18 months.

Guest bimpy474

He made one very important bit of defending in the second half, nicked to ball of an Everton player just as they were about to shoot for ten yards out or so, worked hard too, nice to see him fit in with the all out work ethic that Pardew has introduced.

He's fucking shite.

Well, with that out of the way, we need to utilize him to the best of his strengths -- so far I'm not sure what they are. As TT rightfully pointed out, the GosGut are our backup, and in that they have done a decent job of not crumbling under the pressure against an Everton midfield far superior than what we put out for the majority of the game today. With the next option being Smith, Gosling looks like fucking Zidane.

I just wish he had more bite and creativity about him. Right now he just walks about, with Guthrie putting in hard work.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's fucking shite.

Well, with that out of the way, we need to utilize him to the best of his strengths -- so far I'm not sure what they are. As TT rightfully pointed out, the GosGut are our backup, and in that they have done a decent job of not crumbling under the pressure against an Everton midfield far superior than what we put out for the majority of the game today. With the next option being Smith, Gosling looks like fucking Zidane.

I just wish he had more bite and creativity about him. Right now he just walks about, with Guthrie putting in hard work.

No.

Guest bimpy474

He's f***ing s****.

Well, with that out of the way, we need to utilize him to the best of his strengths -- so far I'm not sure what they are. As TT rightfully pointed out, the GosGut are our backup, and in that they have done a decent job of not crumbling under the pressure against an Everton midfield far superior than what we put out for the majority of the game today. With the next option being Smith, Gosling looks like f***ing Zidane.

No +