The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

In the last 20 years Liverpool have won three League Cups, three FA Cups, the UEFA Cup and the European Cup. The season before last they finished second in the league, four points off the title.

Fucking shite.

I'm annoyed because I actually wanted the mackems to win in the end, for the first time ever. That's not why I watched it, I watched it to see them get beaten, obviously, but to get cheated out of a win like that, by a mix of cheating and refereeing incompetence. Nah. Not by Liverpool anyway.

Guest neesy111

I call big clubs Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man United, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus.  All clubs that have won league titles within the last 20 years.

We could easily say we are a big club because we've won 11 major trophies in the past etc, because 20 years is a fucking long time.

I think you'll start to see Liverpool's attendances to start dropping from when the cockney's and irish start to get fed-up from the lack of success on and off the field.

Guest neesy111

In the last 20 years Liverpool have won three League Cups, three FA Cups, the UEFA Cup and the European Cup. The season before last they finished second in the league, four points off the title.

Fucking shite.

Champions League, you HAD to win the league to win the European Cup.

I'm guessing you can call Leicester City a bigger club than us since they've won plenty more trophies than us in the last 20 years then as well?

Guest neesy111

Chelsea a big club but Liverpool aren't?

Now that's nonsense.

So if Liverpool drop into being a mid-table team, does that automatically still make them a Big Club, no it shouldn't.

People define being a big club on different criteria.

Now that's nonsense.

the term big club is so loose that it gets confusing, imo liverpool are a big club but not successful at the moment chelsea are successful at the moment but not as big as liverpool.

being a "big club" means sweet fuck all in the end, we're a reasonably big club but it didnt stop us going down

:facepalm:

Champions League and European Cup are different competitions in the way in which teams entered them.

Yep, you have to win more than twice as many games to win the Champions League.

'play', not 'win'.  :thup:

You can also afford to lose a couple along the way. Which helps, obviously. [/splitting hairs]

Guest neesy111

Champions League and European Cup are different competitions in the way in which teams entered them.

Against far far easier opposition though imo in the group stages.

Now that's nonsense.

So if Liverpool drop into being a mid-table team, does that automatically still make them a Big Club, no it shouldn't.

People define being a big club on different criteria.

they'd still be a big club even if they got relegated if you ask me

Against far far easier opposition though imo in the group stages.

But the knockout stages are harder, with more of the best teams involved. It's more of a slog and less reliance on just having a 'good run'.

The big club argument is one of the most tedious things possible, but to claim Liverpool are anything other than a big club is moronic in the extreme. Then again I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

Nah, the Champions League is small time. Look at who've won it recently: Inter, Barca, Man United, Milan. They're all wank.