The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I thought you were the one crying and moaning, to be honest, calling us the anti football and what not.

The point is, I don't come on here and make us out to be the purest form of football. You, and Spurs fans the internet over, do.

That may or may not have validity as a claim, but I suspect it doesn't when you spend so much time hitting it long to Crouchy.

Your regurgitating that quote again proves that, one year on, you're still hitting it long to the big lad, just like you did against us last year.

That long ball thing is something I noticed lots of people mentioning last week, when i had a peek at Glory Glory. Even MON didn't resort to that sort of stuff. Wingers witlessly banging it into the box and hoping for the best, yes. Hoofed balls from defence towards a 6'6 striker, no.

Funny that. Our first goal was from a Pavlychenko cross from the wings and the second goal was from a Lennon cross from the wings. So therefore that according to you isn't long ball, thus concluding that  we didn 't play long ball yesterday.

Cheers for clearing up what is and isn't long ball :thup:

Here's a reminder of that preaching.

This match is unreal. Villa have again played counter attack football at home...what a farce and very annoying.

I don't know if you've noticed, we're in a bit of trouble at the moment, and having to take whatever we can whilst we're without a manager.

What kind of tactics did you adopt in managing to lose at home to Wigan Athletic?

We adopted the right tactics but played like morons and deservedly lost.

You lot used the same damn tactics last season too tbh.

Oh, that's a shame, did you resort to that lumping it long to Crouchy stuff again?  I woudn't fancy watching that.

Mind you, maybe I'm just tetchy about it, as I actually go to the games, which would make it even more annoying for me, rather than just flouncing around the internet, preaching on football purity whilst ignoring the predictable long ball guff my own team falls back on a bit too much.

Incidentally, if you think it is a conscious tactic to cede the lion share of possession at home to Everton, you're insane. As you are if you think there should have been some gigantic change of style since MON flounced off.

This is still O'Neill's team. I'm sure that, were we Spurs, we'd have turned into Brazil 1970 by now, but hey ho.

Stop taking it so personally. I didn't instruct your team to play that style of football. We don't play long ball and it's fact we play good football (the way we made your team look like amateurs last season was beautiful and easy on the eye).

Everton bossed you on your own turf. They play attractive football (win or lose) and played like the home team today. All you did was sit back and hit long to Young....sit back and hit long to Young.......sit back and hit long to Young. How Stoke can continuously get slaughtered for their style of football yet you lot get away with it is insane to me.

Now I was as much a critic of MON's style of football as anyone, but it takes a particular lack of football knowledge to think anyone would sit there, scratching their beard like an evil football genius and come up with the concept of hitting it long to, errr, Ashley Young.

Guest kingdawson

I thought you were the one crying and moaning, to be honest, calling us the anti football and what not.

The point is, I don't come on here and make us out to be the purest form of football. You, and Spurs fans the internet over, do.

That may or may not have validity as a claim, but I suspect it doesn't when you spend so much time hitting it long to Crouchy.

Your regurgitating that quote again proves that, one year on, you're still hitting it long to the big lad, just like you did against us last year.

That long ball thing is something I noticed lots of people mentioning last week, when i had a peek at Glory Glory. Even MON didn't resort to that sort of stuff. Wingers witlessly banging it into the box and hoping for the best, yes. Hoofed balls from defence towards a 6'6 striker, no.

Funny that. Our first goal was from a Pavlychenko cross from the wings and the second goal was from a Lennon cross from the wings. So therefore that according to you isn't long ball, thus concluding that  we didn 't play long ball yesterday.

Cheers for clearing up what is and isn't long ball :thup:

Here's a reminder of that preaching.

This match is unreal. Villa have again played counter attack football at home...what a farce and very annoying.

I don't know if you've noticed, we're in a bit of trouble at the moment, and having to take whatever we can whilst we're without a manager.

What kind of tactics did you adopt in managing to lose at home to Wigan Athletic?

We adopted the right tactics but played like morons and deservedly lost.

You lot used the same damn tactics last season too tbh.

Oh, that's a shame, did you resort to that lumping it long to Crouchy stuff again?  I woudn't fancy watching that.

Mind you, maybe I'm just tetchy about it, as I actually go to the games, which would make it even more annoying for me, rather than just flouncing around the internet, preaching on football purity whilst ignoring the predictable long ball guff my own team falls back on a bit too much.

Incidentally, if you think it is a conscious tactic to cede the lion share of possession at home to Everton, you're insane. As you are if you think there should have been some gigantic change of style since MON flounced off.

This is still O'Neill's team. I'm sure that, were we Spurs, we'd have turned into Brazil 1970 by now, but hey ho.

Stop taking it so personally. I didn't instruct your team to play that style of football. We don't play long ball and it's fact we play good football (the way we made your team look like amateurs last season was beautiful and easy on the eye).

Everton bossed you on your own turf. They play attractive football (win or lose) and played like the home team today. All you did was sit back and hit long to Young....sit back and hit long to Young.......sit back and hit long to Young. How Stoke can continuously get slaughtered for their style of football yet you lot get away with it is insane to me.

Now I was as much a critic of MON's style of football as anyone, but it takes a particular lack of football knowledge to think anyone would sit there, scratching their beard like an evil football genius and come up with the concept of hitting it long to, errr, Ashley Young.

ummm you're the one informing me that wingers crossing to strikers is fine but cb's to strikers is not fine. Our goals yesterday came from the wings. You claimed we played long ball yesterday but how can that be considered long ball when you later inform me that goals from the wing are fine? makes no sense at all.

Anyway in regards to this particular post. Your gameplan last season was very simple and clear. Soak up pressure, cb hits diagonal to Young, Young cuts inside and crosses to Carew. Failing that straight long ball to Carew.

Yesterday was different. You actually tried to play football. You played better yesterday then both games last season by a mile, but you lost.

Guess what, Villa and Spurs are both s***.

End of thread.

No more other games today? There are officially no other games occurring. :lol:

Nah. Football's over, forever. If you want someone to blame, blame kd.

Guess what, Villa and Spurs are both s***.

End of thread.

No more other games today? There are officially no other games occurring. :lol:

Nah. Football's over, forever. If you want someone to blame, blame kd.

i blame de jong

West brom and Blackpool are gone ... we need to wake up asap. I try really hard to see who the likely relegation candidates are and none come to mind. There just aren't any obviously rubbish teams. It's going to be a scary ride.

...he says seven games into the season.

I know, I know. It's just that West Brom and Blackpool are both improving if anything! They're not achieving their success via corny/brutish tactics either. They're also not overly reliant on any single player. I believe both will consistently get results.

Certainly a possibility with WBA - they have a decent manager and have signed players which make them a better unit all round. Have some reservations about Blackpool, but if they are still getting results in a month's time, it is a cause for concern.

Guest palnese

Cyprus - Norway 0-2 (HT)

J.A Riise and Carew

Two brilliant goals.

Who cares?

shit country tbh

...and yet you live here?