The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Beckford looks way out of his depth.

Looks like he thinks he has now made it to the top level and  does not need to try

It's the effort I'm concerned about. He just doesn't look bothered.

Snadro put in another very good shift when he came on. Looks an excellent prospect.

Way better than Palacios who has turned out to be a massive waste of money.

Just read the previous page of the thread btw and don't see how the ref was 'unreal'.

Crouch was a total embarassment with his penalty appeals. Apart from maybe the Yak free kick award and a few 50/50's for both sides, I don't see how the ref got much wrong all day. The crowd were just shouting for anything & everything even when it was clearly the right decision.

Chris Whyatt reports: "Rarely - no, never - a dull moment with Harry Redknapp's ambitious Spurs. But that looks like two points lost. 'Digging deep' is Everton's middle name."

It's been that tone from the BBC today. Brazil 1970 vs defensive bulldogs. Get with the times.

Edit: and again -

Tottenham failed to beat battling Everton despite producing some vibrant attacking football at White Hart Lane.

The visitors took a 17th-minute lead against the run of play thanks to Leighton Baines's brilliant free-kick.

But Spurs levelled three minutes later as Everton keeper Tim Howard flapped at a cross which Peter Crouch bundled back for Rafael Van der Vaart to crash home.

The hosts went for a winner, but were unable to break Everton down in a second half which ended in frustration.

-----------------

Pretty standard stuff I guess - media look for a rhetoric and will hammer it regardless of whether its accurate. Spurs edged it today, I can't deny that, but it was miles from a siege and I didn't see that much "vibrant, attacking football" apart from the odd move - I saw a lot more hoofing to Crouch.

Pretty standard stuff I guess - media look for a rhetoric and will hammer it regardless of whether its accurate. Spurs edged it today, I can't deny that, but it was miles from a siege and I didn't see that much "vibrant, attacking football" apart from the odd move - I saw a lot more hoofing to Crouch.

Yep. Total bollocks from the media as usual.

Alan Smith was at it all day making out we were a plucky little side that would be ecstatic with a point at the mighty Spurs.

The way they kept going on about the players lining up with their arms outstretched to defend set pieces was a joke :lol: We've been doing that for at least a year and neither of them had noticed it before? Shows how good their knowledge of the Prem is. No wonder they rely on outdated cliches.

It is ludicrously biaised mind the coverage in this country. Sky are the worst, if ever a team has a the nerve to take anything off a CL side, they look completely hacked off. Instead of focussing on the plucky upstart its all "so what went wrong today for Man Utd/ Chelsea/ Arsenal etc?"