The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Today was karma to Wenger and his foreign kid policy. If he'd produced a good English striker rather than going for the likes of Merida, Vela and Bendtner over the last however many years, then little Michael Owen mightn't have been in the England starting XI in the 2006 World Cup meaning he'd not have picked up the injury which forced Roeder to go out and spend £10m on Martins which resulted in the career path taken by Oba, culmanating in Arsenal having won nowt since that fateful day. Serves you right Arsene, serves you right.

Well played :thup:

Your avatar. :lol:

Decent goalkeeper.

Nasty bastard in the middle.

Another decent CB.

Until they sort those three things, he's not going to win anything. That match today was Arsenal's deficiencies in a microcosm.

The sad thing from their perspective is they'll probably beat Sunderland 3-0/4-1 or something next week and they'll pretend everything's OK again.

It is truly baffling how a manager of Wenger's aptitude has done so little to address such glaring weaknesses. How many times is he going to let them fuck up before he actually does something about it?

When was the last time Arsenal won something?

Until the answer to this question is "This/last year", then Arsene will get rightly criticised. Alot of flair and too much moaning, not enough character or passion.

Decent goalkeeper.

Nasty bastard in the middle.

Another decent CB.

Until they sort those three things, he's not going to win anything. That match today was Arsenal's deficiencies in a microcosm.

The sad thing from their perspective is they'll probably beat Sunderland 3-0/4-1 or something next week and they'll pretend everything's OK again.

It is truly baffling how a manager of Wenger's aptitude has done so little to address such glaring weaknesses. How many times is he going to let them fuck up before he actually does something about it?

I think it has got to a point now where it has become a point of principle for him, and he's not going to do anything about it because to do so would be maybe to admit that all those people screaming at him were right.

Decent goalkeeper.

Nasty b****** in the middle.

Another decent CB.

It is truly baffling how a manager of Wenger's aptitude has done so little to address such glaring weaknesses. How many times is he going to let them f*** up before he actually does something about it?

I think it has got to a point now where it has become a point of principle for him, and he's not going to do anything about it because to do so would be maybe to admit that all those people screaming at him were right.

They need to look at tactics as well as there was one point late on in the game where a Arsenal player was cutting into the box from the left  & there must have been 8 Birmingham players in the box & not 1 Arsenal player there, a few Arsenal players were hovering around the 18 yard box.

Weg needs to get back on the hunt for that fox in the box.

Problem is Vermaelen being out (i know we should have suitable cover) Kos is a good player i don't have a clue what he was doing today for their goal and Djourou is very good. Ideal world the pecking order would be Vermaelen - New - Djourou - Kos - Bartley next year. Also, i'm not going to get drawn into an argument about Szczesny, he's a very good player who had a bad game, he's our number 1 for a long time for me.

Basically, just a CB so we have 3 (Verm and Djourou included) very good CB's. Clichy was a big problem again today, all season he has been off the boil, positionally and also has been sloppy.

Problem is Vermaelen being out (i know we should have suitable cover) Kos is a good player i don't have a clue what he was doing today for their goal and Djourou is very good. Ideal world the pecking order would be Vermaelen - New - Djourou - Kos - Bartley next year. Also, i'm not going to get drawn into an argument about Szczesny, he's a very good player who had a bad game, he's our number 1 for a long time for me.

Basically, just a CB so we have 3 (Verm and Djourou included) very good CB's. Clichy was a big problem again today, all season he has been off the boil, positionally and also has been sloppy.

GO AND BUY A DECENT GOALKEEPER.

Seriously, can you even understand those words?

If he's the same for Wenger it'll be even longer before your next trophy tbh.

Jesus Christ. Sorry for being late but I have just seen Martins' goal. Fuck me. THAT'S when you know your name is on the cup :lol:

From the minute the ball bounced off that lump Zigic and into our net in our QF against them, I just *knew* they were going to win it.

Szczeszzyxcny is a good player, but he's 20 years old. 20 year old goalkeepers will make mistakes, that's how they'll become better players. Unfortunately for him it's happened in a Cup Final. Anyway, I still think it was more Koscielny's fault.