The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Can't believe Arsenal lost this, I glanced at the lineups on the telly before leaving today and thought SAF was finally going senile. What was ManU's gameplan with that XI anyway?

It worked quite well. The two da Silvas were full of energy on the flanks, and Gibson was surprisingly tidy in possession.

Can't believe Arsenal lost this, I glanced at the lineups on the telly before leaving today and thought SAF was finally going senile. What was ManU's gameplan with that XI anyway?

Just bide your time and Arsenal will eventually self-destruct.

And it worked :lol:

Interesting, wasn't that surprised about the Da Silvas getting a run out in the wings, but that center midfield looked suicidal. Props to Ferguson for getting it right I guess. Still, Arsenal FFS. Don't f*** up the league at least.

Ah well, I'll amuse myself reading Arsenalmania devouring itself in despair while I have dinner (schadenfreude ftw).

Wasn't really a shut up shop situation tbh, you angry chap. Assumed you didn't watch it. They played possession football and went forward often albeit without busting a gut.

I did watch it. They were passing the ball around in their own half for most of the final 10. It's pathetic, and one of the reasons they've failed to get the winner in key games away from home -  the players are used to spending two thirds of every game sitting back.

Arsenal really annoy me, they could dominate the league with some of the players they have but the faults are blatant to everyone but Wenger. Sign Given from from City and sign a poacher to carry some of the burden from Van Persie, if Arsenal signed a clinical unfancy goal scorer who was only interested in getting on the end of some of the passes/crosses they generate then it would be scary.

I don't think a typical poacher would suit that team.

I do wish people would stop going on about Given going to Arsenal. City won't sell him to a rival, and he isn't a top keeper anymore, anyway.

I don't think a typical poacher would suit that team.

I do wish people would stop going on about Given going to Arsenal. City won't sell him to a rival, and he isn't a top keeper anymore, anyway.

I agree, it only be worth buying a poacher/shoulder striker if they moved back to playing with 2 up top.