The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I'd like to see Man Utd get fucked by Barca, and I want all the English teams to be eliminated, which means that Spurs playing Chelsea would be a good draw because one of them would go out. My dream draw also has them on Barca's side, so whoever wins will play Barca in the semis, thus making sure that no English team gets to the final.

Madrid v Inter would be good, and Schalke and Shahktar should play each other because whatever tie they're in will be unattractive so why not just make sure they're in the same tie ie. play each other.

Went to watch Chonburi FC (in Thailand) last night against South China in the Group stages of the AFC Champions league. Our Nicky Butt was patrolling the midfield of South China. He as usual was very one paced, lots of short lay offs and one great pass from left to right wing that eventually came to nothing. He appears to be enjoying his pay day at least. With him was one Kezman - even more one paced than Butt, and offered nothing upfront against an inexperienced back four.

Chonburi were a delight going forward, lots of one touch football, and great movement off the ball, and particularly down the right wing. Two players stood out the No 13 who appeared even older than Butt, and the No 8 who was very mobile. Both rang rings around the illustrious pair and their teammates.

Disallowed goal after 13 mins after No 8 played right back in who squared it for the striker to be given offside when clearly behind the ball. End result was 3-0 after a bizarrely retaken penalty for what appeared to be the goalkeeper moving (when the ball went in).

I also got a  season ticket for 3,000 BAht including all Cup games and home shirt (total cost 60 quid). It is a pretty positive place to be around at the moment, especially after winning the FA Cup last season!

The Thai Premier League has improved so much over the last couple of years. It's unbelievable, really. It's a shame that there are still a lot of weekday games and the season doesn't take advantage of good weather during Dec - Jan. I'll get a season ticket when I can find someone to go with me.

There are about 20 western Chonburi Fans at every home game and a few at every away match. I travel from Banglamung, but I know others who travel from Pattaya, Sri RAcha and there is a group who travel down from Bangkok. A chap called Dale runs the web page in English which is pretty comprehensive. I am sure we can sort you out with a travelling companion

The Thai Premier League has improved so much over the last couple of years. It's unbelievable, really. It's a shame that there are still a lot of weekday games and the season doesn't take advantage of good weather during Dec - Jan. I'll get a season ticket when I can find someone to go with me.

what do you think the chances are of thailand getting to the level that japan and south korea are currently at? seems surprising that other asian nations haven't developed like those two, though i suppose they're the richest two nations in the region.

How do you feel about Spurs going to the next round whilst you did not?

Must hurt a bit knowing that?

Obviously i'd rather them not be there and i'd rather us to be there still but you know, it's nice for them, they won't get this chance again they can take advantage of it and they did get one of the easiest draws they could have in AC Milan.

Obviously i'd rather them not be there and i'd rather us to be there still but you know, it's nice for them, they won't get this chance again they can take advantage of it and they did get one of the easiest draws they could have in AC Milan.

Aye, but we earned that by winning the group - one that was supposed to be tougher than yours.

For the record, the draw I actually want is:

Man U v Spurs

Barca v Real

Chelsea v Inter

Shakhtar v Schalke

I fancy us to beat Man U more than any other side in the draw.

Aye, but we earned that by winning the group - one that was supposed to be tougher than yours.

For the record, the draw I actually want is:

Man U v Spurs

Barca v Real

Chelsea v Inter

Shakhtar v Schalke

I fancy us to beat Man U more than any other side in the draw.

Your group was undoubtedly tougher than ours, we messed up had too much complacency and it cost us. Although, it could be crucial IF we somehow win the league.

Guest Heneage

Nah they could of got Arsenal.