The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

So which of the four will Barca/Madrid 'take it easy' in? I'd say the cup game, but the league match is looking less pivotal now.

The league game is the least important of them all right now. If they won it, they'll get a chance to claw back into the league, but still 5 points (6 if they don't destroy us 6-0) with 6 games remaining and our respective fixtures (they go to Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal) looks a tough ask.

The Spanish cup is a "meh" trophy as of late, but since it would be won against the main rivals it carries a lot of bragging points this year.

I think the fixtures are set perfectly so that both teams have to give 100% in all of them, the league is the least important but it's the first match of the 4, so it sets the tone for the mini series, whilst the most important CL games are the last two, it's perfectly set up.

Raul :smitten:

Him celebrating with the Schalke fans, great stuff! Massive respect for the guy like, thought he was past it but he's gone there and taken to the club and team with both hands.

Exactly my thoughts as well.  :thup:

Awful keeper. Spurs have got some cracking players but he's a liability.

Do you actually watch football?

Not defending Gomes now because dear me that was a rookie mistake. But saying he's an awful keeper when he kept them in the tie against Milan and he has been the best player on the pitch several times.

He's the most inconsistent keeper ever. He's like a rollercoaster, but calling him awful is harsh.

A keeper always liable to make a mistake leading to a goal is awful. He's done it 4 times in the last 5 games.

Exactly. If a goalkeeper makes so many mistakes as regularly as he does then he con't be classed as a good keeper. Good keepers are consistently good but this bloke's costing goals left, right and centre. Felipao's so blinkered when it comes to Brazilian players. :lol:

Not defending Gomes now because dear me that was a rookie mistake. But saying he's an awful keeper when he kept them in the tie against Milan and he has been the best player on the pitch several times.

He's the most inconsistent keeper ever. He's like a rollercoaster, but calling him awful is harsh.

A keeper always liable to make a mistake leading to a goal is awful. He's done it 4 times in the last 5 games.

Exactly. If a goalkeeper makes so many mistakes as regularly as he does then he con't be classed as a good keeper. Good keepers are consistently good but this bloke's costing goals left, right and centre. Felipao's so blinkered when it comes to Brazilian players. :lol:

But basically your telling me that Julio Cesar who was probably the best goalkeeper last season is an awful goalkeeper after his blunders against Bayern and Brazil in the world cup?

Are you guys for real? This really has nothing to do with Gomes being Brazilian, but has to do with the fact that he's really not an awful goalkeeper.

He won them the tie against Milan basically with some magical saves. And then when he fucks up he's an awful goalkeeper?

Not saying he's the best goalkeeper around, but theres a reason behind why he starts for a team placed 5th in the Premier League and went out in the quarters of the Champions League, especially since the managers name isnt Arsene Wenger.

But basically your telling me that Julio Cesar who was probably the best goalkeeper last season is an awful goalkeeper after his blunders against Bayern and Brazil in the world cup?

Are you guys for real? This really has nothing to do with Gomes being Brazilian, but has to do with the fact that he's really not an awful goalkeeper.

He won them the tie against Milan basically with some magical saves. And then when he fucks up he's an awful goalkeeper?

Not saying he's the best goalkeeper around, but theres a reason behind why he starts for a team placed 5th in the Premier League and went out in the quarters of the Champions League, especially since the managers name isnt Arsene Wenger.

I'm saying that if he's making mistakes regularly which is costing his team goals and games then he's an awful keeper. You've brought other keepers into it but I'm talking about Gomes. He's shit in my opinion. He's shit because he makes lots and lots of mistakes.

He's got talent and has good games but the sheer volume of his mistakes undoes all of the good.