The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still can't see this 'improvement' in Lennon's game Spur's fans go on about. Is it the type of improvement that has improved him from s*** to average?

Huddlestones ability is ridiculous. There's just something missing.

Ability?  :pow:

His technique, passing, vision is all pretty damn good.

Consistency. For every class moment he'll have they'll be 20 s*** ones.

Lennon has improved ten-fold. He's my idea of a perfect winger.

And yeah, you're right about Huddlestone. If he could sort that out he'd be insane.

If I make it as a coach, I'll have to remember not to ask you to become my scout if I need a winger! I don't know, he could be good, but I just can't see it. Perhaps its my dislike of Spurs in general (which has no basis at all other than they're over rated).

Main improvement for Lennon has been his tracking back, really, though his crossing and decision-making HAVE improved (honestly). Teams generally have to double-up on him, which leaves the RB exposed to Bale. I'm happy with that.

Still can't see this 'improvement' in Lennon's game Spur's fans go on about. Is it the type of improvement that has improved him from s*** to average?

And yeah, you're right about Huddlestone. If he could sort that out he'd be insane.

If I make it as a coach, I'll have to remember not to ask you to become my scout if I need a winger! I don't know, he could be good, but I just can't see it. Perhaps its my dislike of Spurs in general (which has no basis at all other than they're over rated).

You think we're over-rated after that first half? You're a tough man to please!

Was there a better 45 minutes of football at the World Cup?

England vs Germany, first half.

Good shout. :thup:

Can't think of any others though, and even that had such great disparity - one team played good while the other played horrible, then they switched roles.

Can't think of any others though, and even that had such great disparity - one team played good while the other played horrible, then they switched roles.

Slovakia v Italy was a quality half

That combo of Micah Richards and SWP on the right is atrocious. Think Richards should just focus on the centre back position. Just too awkward to play full back. Hart sticking it to Shay with his other worldly performance has been great.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Main improvement for Lennon has been his tracking back, really, though his crossing and decision-making HAVE improved (honestly). Teams generally have to double-up on him, which leaves the RB exposed to Bale. I'm happy with that.

That's mainly due to poor Full Backs though. I think I'd be comfortable asking my Full Back to show him down the channel, possibly even risk asking him to attack so Lennon is on the backfoot - though could be risky. I don't think he mixes it up enough to really test a Full Back, if he could really sort his crosses out and have some deep ones now and again he'd be harder to defend as you wouldn't know if you should go tight (stop early deep crosses) or drop off to stop him making his runs. At the moment you pretty much know he's going to run at you and cross from the byline, occasionally he'll cut inside, but he'll run at you.

Sky have went all NFL with this Monday Night Football shit.

No, it's MNF. Stands for Monday Night Football.

:lol: Will there be a song before the game? :lol: Some shit is too American to work on your side, but if you did a rock song about the game before the game every week, that would be so awful it would be incredible.

Like what? "Yeah! Monday Night, it's football time! Wolves v Stoke, you know that's right!"

:lol: Yeah, pretty much exactly that. Get some serious generic guitar riffs going, that dude with the beard from the MNF song.

If you've never heard it, look up the Monday Night Football theme on youtube. An English version of that would be...:lol: It would be something.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You think we're over-rated after that first half? You're a tough man to please!

Since Redknapp took over, though I think thats more to do with Redknapp, people have been talking as if Spurs have been contenders since the Premier League have started, with a bit of a blip under Ramos!  :lol: 1st half has been decent, but if you were really a good team you'd have put one of those chances away, despite how good Joe Hart had been. I think City's disorganised shite has flattered you too. They can't hold onto the ball, which means they can't get settled, which means the defence hasn't had a chance to regroup, so its on a cycle at the moment.

Holy s***, the FSC guy that looks exactly like Steven Taylor works for ESPN now?

"They say money can't buy you love - can't buy you a good football team either, 0-0 at White Hart Lane." What a bunch of shit that is.

Slovakia v Italy was a quality half

True, very exciting game. :)

Quality of play wasn't quite as good. All IMO, obviously.

Holy s***, the FSC guy that looks exactly like Steven Taylor works for ESPN now?

"They say money can't buy you love - can't buy you a good football team either, 0-0 at White Hart Lane." What a bunch of shit that is.

:lol: He always talks shit. They went for the familiar voice. I don't know how well it's working out, I was certain the game was on FSC until I looked at the box.

That's mainly due to poor Full Backs though. I think I'd be comfortable asking my Full Back to show him down the channel, possibly even risk asking him to attack so Lennon is on the backfoot - though could be risky. I don't think he mixes it up enough to really test a Full Back, if he could really sort his crosses out and have some deep ones now and again he'd be harder to defend as you wouldn't know if you should go tight (stop early deep crosses) or drop off to stop him making his runs. At the moment you pretty much know he's going to run at you and cross from the byline, occasionally he'll cut inside, but he'll run at you.

That's right, and he's not super-tricky, but with his pace all he needs is a sniff and he's away. That's why he'll keep players nervous, and with Modric and the Hudd so good at passing the full-back and covering RM/CB can't lose concentration for a second. He's great in a team that uses pace and clever passing - and a clever RB - which is why he hasn't really worked for England yet.

Holy shit, the FSC guy that looks exactly like Steven Taylor works for ESPN now?

He started at the beginning of summer, does ESPNews and hosts soccer shit.

Fake Steven Taylor is moving up in the world.