The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Like I said at the weekend, time for Wenger to change his mentality or Arsenal should look at easing him out for someone with fresh ideas to come in.  That squad won't win a trophy.

Like I said at the weekend, time for Wenger to change his mentality or Arsenal should look at easing him out for someone with fresh ideas to come in.  That squad won't win a trophy.

:lol:

"Someone with fresh ideas"

Oh really? Like who? When Wenger starts spending £30 million every window and isn't winning anything then you maybe consider even allowing the thought of getting rid of him to enter your head. The man makes a profit every window on transfers for goodness sake, and yet he finishes in the top four every season.

If Arsenal wanted the guarantee of remaining as competitive as they were previously then they should have remained at Highbury and not built the new stadium. Ultimately they'll have the last laugh, as they will be the strongest club financially soon enough, as everyone else starts to crumble, bar Man City perhaps.

There is no one out there I could see achieving what Wenger does with the amount of money he has been spending, never mind playing the football they play. No one. Terrible idea to get rid of him.

Guest neesy111

Oh really? Like who? When Wenger starts spending £30 million every window and isn't winning anything then you maybe consider even allowing the thought of getting rid of him to enter your head. The man makes a profit every window on transfers for goodness sake, and yet he finishes in the top four every season.

If Arsenal wanted the guarantee of remaining as competitive as they were previously then they should have remained at Highbury and not built the new stadium. Ultimately they'll have the last laugh, as they will be the strongest club financially soon enough, as everyone else starts to crumble, bar Man City perhaps.

There is no one out there I could see achieving what Wenger does with the amount of money he has been spending, never mind playing the football they play. No one. Terrible idea to get rid of him.

Arsenal have got plenty of cash to spend, wenger refuses to spend it, £120M in cash from their last accounts.  Is that why the guy completely refuses to buy a new keeper despite having 3 which are more than useless.  Money isn't the problem here, it's the manager refusing to buy experienced players that have a winning mentality.

Wenger can be a stubborn idiot, but firing him would be madness. There's just no one who could step in and pick up that squad and be successful with the way its built to play. They'd need massive investment/years of transitioning in order to become another boring ManU/Chelsea clone.

Wenger can be a stubborn idiot, but firing him would be madness. There's just no one who could step in and pick up that squad and be successful with the way its built to play. They'd need massive investment/years of transitioning in order to become another boring ManU/Chelsea clone.

Sums it up for me. Wenger is, in a way, the lesser of two evils. His ideology isn't going to get them truly regularly challenging for honours, but they might still pick up one or two now and then. To get rid of him would be overhauling the whole club, and if done, I'd be very surprised if they could just pick up where he left off.

As a Spurs fan I'd be delighted if they sacked Wenger, he has faults but no one should doubt that he is very astute.

Unbelievably, on Arse Mania some are keen to get rid of him.  They've no idea when they're well off.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=112162&start=720

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Huge respect for Wenger, helped create the Premier League as we know it today. Did a lot for English football in regards to fitness, health and off field behaviour.

Apparently both Alonso and Ramos did it on purpose so they get suspended for the next match that doesn't matter and then they start again at zero for the quarters or whatever comes after the group games. Apparently.

it was a clever stuff, but I don't agree with that method. I would be fuming if I were an Ajax fan.

Though I have to say, it was so fking funny. It was so deliberate, the referee was hesitating a lot, perhaps didn't want to give a red card at the end of a 4-0 game, but Alonso seemed a bit lost, and was just waiting.

Guest Roger Kint

Apparently both Alonso and Ramos did it on purpose so they get suspended for the next match that doesn't matter and then they start again at zero for the quarters or whatever comes after the group games. Apparently.

it was a clever stuff, but I don't agree with that method. I would be fuming if I were an Ajax fan.

Though I have to say, it was so fking funny. It was so deliberate, the referee was hesitating a lot, perhaps didn't want to give a red card at the end of a 4-0 game, but Alonso seemed a bit lost, and was just waiting.

As blatent as you can get, Ramos even went to shake the refs hand and both clearly werent arguing the reds ;D

Luckily Real and Jose dont have to answer to the authorities....... :shifty:

Arsenal have got plenty of cash to spend, wenger refuses to spend it, £120M in cash from their last accounts.  Is that why the guy completely refuses to buy a new keeper despite having 3 which are more than useless.  Money isn't the problem here, it's the manager refusing to buy experienced players that have a winning mentality.

neesy wrong on this board too :lol:

Guest neesy111

neesy wrong on this board too :lol:

If Arsenal don't win a trophy this season which they won't IMO, then I alreadyy know of a few Arsenal fans who have already started to question his tactics at the club.  It's fine playing pretty football, but is it winning trophy football Nope, and 5 years without a trophy for arsenal is a hell of a long time.

If Arsenal don't win a trophy this season which they won't IMO, then I alreadyy know of a few Arsenal fans who have already started to question his tactics at the club.  It's fine playing pretty football, but is it winning trophy football Nope, and 5 years without a trophy for arsenal is a hell of a long time.

you obviously know a lot of bellends

:lol: :nods:

Chelsea and ManU have worsened enough that Arsenal stand a chance this season, imho.

The future belongs to ManCity probably.

has there been a definitive look at what the impact of the financial regulations will be when they eventually kick in?

i'd be interested to hear what experts think is gonna happen

:lol: :nods:

to be fair he did say a few, i was a little harsh saying a lot :sadnod: