The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I can't really be arsed to go on about it right at the moment, so I'll steal these thoughts from the Everton forum, which near enough sum up what I think:

Just typical us and the continuing themes really piss me off.

We play nice football but can't score.

Saha starts before Yakubu in a 4-5-1.

We start well but then go a bit meh.

The other team scores and we start to finally have a bit of ambition.

We go 4-3-3 with ten minutes left to try and salvage something.

I'm bored of saying could have been worse, it should have been much better.

I like the way that even when something unlucky happened to Sunderland - the deflection - that was merely 'cancelling out' the ridiculous decision to allow their 2nd goal. The deflection, although unlucky, couldn't really have been prevented. The linesman however needs shooting if he can't see that. Abysmal.

Guest neesy111

Sunderland should sell Bent for £20 million plus and spend it on the rest of the team.

Considering the amount spent on the rest of the team, it wouldn't go far.

£9M for Anton Ferdinand :D

We were on top apart from 20mins in the first half. If we had a decent striker (or even if he just started Yak) we'd have won that no danger.

Story of our season. We're so close yet so far from being a really good side.

Guest Heneage

Sunderland should sell Bent for £20 million plus and spend it on the rest of the team.

Struggled along side Wellbeck. No doubt will leave Bruce with a dilemma.

We were on top apart from 20mins in the first half. If we had a decent striker (or even if he just started Yak) we'd have won that no danger.

I wonder if Everton fans are fretting over losing points against the likes of Blackpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackburn, etc. but getting results against the likes of Liverpool, Spurs & Man Utd in the same way some of our fans are?

I wonder if Everton fans are fretting over losing points against the likes of Blackpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackburn, etc. but getting results against the likes of Liverpool, Spurs & Man Utd in the same way some of our fans are?

We're just fretting over how we can appear to play so well and have come away with so few points. Sorry, probably missed your point here. :lol:

I've just been looking at your results this season and there's a lot of parallels between the two of us. (good results and performances against the better clubs, poor results against teams you expected to beat)

Oh I agree, perhaps not as pronounced as much but we have problems breaking teams down a lot of the time. That's why I was so disappointed by the Arsenal performance - they came and afforded us space, they weren't very good at all but we were absolutely shocking. It was a real chance to kickstart our season.

While you rely on AC9, we're unfairly relying on an attacking midfielder to "be in the right place at the right time." And again. And again.

If football was played up to the opponent's area, we'd be title contenders.

Guest Heneage

I've just been looking at your results this season and there's a lot of parallels between the two of us. (good results and performances against the better clubs, poor results against teams you expected to beat)

Oh I agree, perhaps not as pronounced as much but we have problems breaking teams down a lot of the time. That's why I was so disappointed by the Arsenal performance - they came and afforded us space, they weren't very good at all but we were absolutely shocking. It was a real chance to kickstart our season.

While you rely on AC9, we're unfairly relying on an attacking midfielder to "be in the right place at the right time." And again. And again.

If football was played up to the opponent's area, we'd be title contenders.

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2009/8/6/kevin-nolan-331470078.jpg