The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Pato

:lol:

Villa has scored the same amount as Carroll this season, playing for fucking Barcelona and having played more games.

Then we've got the age difference, the fact that Carroll is a local lad, that he's used to the tempo of the Premier League and that we haven't got anyone who could play the through balls (bar Barton on occasion) for Villa that he'd need. That last bit is essential for me when comparing the two, Villa is a master of timing his runs and finding space, but that won't do you much good unless you've got the players who can see this.

Still, this is not me saying Carroll is a better striker than Villa, but rather that he's better suited for us.

Mate, I know you're just saying Carroll is well-suited to your team but take out the last line and you sound like you're on fucking acid, man.

:lol: Fair enough, but I genuinely don't think Villa would have scored ten goals for us so far this season had we got him in the summer. Now I know that's a daft thing to say, because a) it's David Villa, we were never ever ever never ever never ever never going to be anywhere near to even getting his agents fax number and b) it's fucking David Villa, arguably the best striker in the world.

I'll just keep my mouth shut from now and not make a bigger arse out of myself.

When did I ever say I 'hated Scottish football with a passion' ? :lol:

I do remember slating Kris Boyd when you said he'd be a good signing for us, and I vaguely remember calling the Scottish national team an embarrassment to another poster after their scraped victory over Liechtenstein.

Other than that, I can't really remember much else  :undecided: .

Somebody needs to buy Rossi before too many people realize he's finally turning into a cracking forward.

Man United have first dibs I believe. Wouldn't be the worst move in the world for him going back there either although it would mean Hernandez would get less of a look in.