The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest neesy111

Heh, Mou hit out at Florentino in the ensuing press conference. Playing with fire, there.

Said he doesn't feel supported enough by the board against "wrong" referee decisions and wants to meet with the president.

He needs to back him up with a quality striker in January.

Edinson Cavani scored an incredible goal today.

He's been incredible all season. 19 goals in 27 games, glad Spurs didn't sign him.

Great player. Shame he didn't perform in the World Cup. If he was firing on all cylinders they could have got to the final.

He'll be gone soon, the little b******.

He's playing a dangerous game, but he's always been adept at playing everyone around him. As long as he brings results he won't be sacked, but he's making it so if he ever struggles there won't be an eyelid batted. He seems to firmly have all the players not named Canales, Benzema and Pedro León at his side, which I guess it's what matters and why he's doing all this.

He's playing a dangerous game, but he's always been adept at playing everyone around him. As long as he brings results he won't be sacked, but he's making it so if he ever struggles there won't be an eyelid batted. He seems to firmly have all the players not named Canales, Benzema and Pedro León at his side, which I guess it's what matters and why he's doing all this.

Completely unrelated, but have you seen this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_La_Liga#cite_note-20

Marca has awared Pepe's goal from earlier in the season to Cristiano Ronaldo, keeping him ahead of Messi for the Pichichi. You'd never guess Marca was a Madrid paper, eh.

Completely unrelated, but have you seen this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_La_Liga#cite_note-20

Marca has awared Pepe's goal from earlier in the season to Cristiano Ronaldo, keeping him ahead of Messi for the Pichichi. You'd never guess Marca was a Madrid paper, eh.

Yeah, I knew that. Official La Liga records gave it to Pepe, but since Marca awards the pichichi...

Yes, he plays deeper. Guardiola is deploying him as striker, but he usually tracks back to sit in the hole - dragging the centrebacks with him - while Villa/Pedro make runs into the box.

He's playing the role Zlatan was meant to do, actually, with a couple less feet. Striker-playmaker.

Yes, he plays deeper. Guardiola is deploying him as striker, but he usually tracks back to sit in the hole - dragging the centrebacks with him - while Villa/Pedro make runs into the box.

I thought so. I often notice this season he seems to be spending a lot of time deep in midfield, often alongside Xavi and Iniesta, and couldn't quite remember if that had happened as much last season. I guess replacing Zlatan with Villa has made that switch easier, Ibra seemed to want to spend time on the ball and do a lot of the work that Messi is at the moment. The system seems to be functioning well at the moment though, rather than relying on Messi for his goals you're having him assist the others and spread the goals around well.

It's a beautiful machine right now, even better to watch than the 08/09 team.

I thought so. I often notice this season he seems to be spending a lot of time deep in midfield, often alongside Xavi and Iniesta, and couldn't quite remember if that had happened as much last season. I guess replacing Zlatan with Villa has made that switch easier, Ibra seemed to want to spend time on the ball and do a lot of the work that Messi is at the moment. The system seems to be functioning well at the moment though, rather than relying on Messi for his goals you're having him assist the others and spread the goals around well.

It's a beautiful machine right now, even better to watch than the 08/09 team.

It certainly is. We did look a one-man team last season from March onwards but right now everybody is chipping in and you feel a goal can come from almost anywhere.

The challenge is keeping this up until the business end. We'll see, but so far I'm having the time of my life watching football.