The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tony Pulis always looks so angry

Whey aye! I'd be pissed off too if someone glued that baseball cap to my head like.

8 minutes added time in the Wigan game due to the Kirkland injury. Sounds bad.

Step forward Al Habsi!

Al Habsi is their No.1 GK but he's away in the Asian Cup, Mike Pollitt (who's surley 50 by now) came on and will probably play on Saturday

I've never ever seen a GK get as injuried as Kirkland does.

8 minutes added time in the Wigan game due to the Kirkland injury. Sounds bad.

Step forward Al Habsi!

Al Habsi is their No.1 GK but he's away in the Asian Cup, Mike Pollitt (who's surley 50 by now) came on and will probably play on Saturday

I've never ever seen a GK get as injuried as Kirkland does.

You sure? He was unavailable against his parent club last night.

My bad, forgot all about Bolton being his parent club!

:lol:

Was having a quick look there and I don't think Omar have qualified tbh, so he'll be back at the weekend if so. Shame, any blow to Wigan will do us good right now.

Zabalet & Sagna off  :lol:

Man City have been horrific. Sat in their box all match, this Italian football needs to f*** off.

But why buy style when you can buy mediocre defensive football?

To be fair, they're in second place. I'd say that's very good defensive football.

I remember a while back when Brummie was pleased MON was released, he must be really confused now.

IMO it would serve them right to be relegated, just because karma is a bitch

MON wasn't released though, he stitched them up by jumping just before the season started.

Delighted with last night. We really are an odd team this year - W2 D3 L1 of the matches against the top 5 teams we've had so far. Still, as I've consistently maintained, despite what's happened so far, 3 or 4 games can completely change this table and I still think we'll finish in the top 8.

Eric Abidal has been hit by a coin badly in the Bilbao v Barca cup game :(

Just seen this. So it's a Spanish crowd, and (I believe) the only black player on the pitch has loads of stuff thrown at him. Hmmmm.

Keita and Alves were also in the pitch but stuff was thrown to the pitch irregardless of player color, tbf. The atmosphere was very heated and Bilbao fans have a story of object throwing. San Mamés can be a pretty nasty place, a friend of mine claims that he was peed upon from the higher stands when he went there as an away fan. :lol:

Plus call Bilbao fans "Spanish" at your own risk :p

Delighted with last night. We really are an odd team this year - W2 D3 L1 of the matches against the top 5 teams we've had so far. Still, as I've consistently maintained, despite what's happened so far, 3 or 4 games can completely change this table and I still think we'll finish in the top 8.

Yup that was a good win for you lot. I saw you played with two up front which iirc has not been your usual tactic this season.

That doesn't add up?

You seem to raise your game against the big teams, especially at Goodison - but for some reason fall apart against the so-called lesser teams.

Seamus Coleman looks like a cracking player.

My bad, forgot all about Bolton being his parent club!

:lol:

Was having a quick look there and I don't think Omar have qualified tbh, so he'll be back at the weekend if so. Shame, any blow to Wigan will do us good right now.

That would be Oman  :coolsmiley:

That doesn't add up?

You seem to raise your game against the big teams, especially at Goodison - but for some reason fall apart against the so-called lesser teams.

Seamus Coleman looks like a cracking player.

We've played Tottenham twice. :thup:

We're simply too predictable at times and when teams are solid defensively and close us down throughout a game, we're screwed. We need to raise our level of performance against teams we should theoretically be beating - because I refuse to believe we don't have the quality to be doing that. Those players just need to stand up and be counted. Yesterday was like a 'Moyes' Everton performance - plenty of energy and verve and we really got after the opposition, and add in a bit of quality and it's a powerful combination.

Coleman indeed is coming on really well. He's certainly got stuff to work on but there's no doubt he has the talent there. The speed of his legs running furiously to get forward (which led to him scoring) amused me. :lol:

Yup that was a good win for you lot. I saw you played with two up front which iirc has not been your usual tactic this season.

Moyes' hand was forced, simple as that. There is zero doubt in my mind he would've gone 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 if Cahill was still around. I hope the performance shows something, joking aside, I feel we've always been able to do - play well without Cahill. Taking nothing away from his contributions, like.

Eric Abidal has been hit by a coin badly in the Bilbao v Barca cup game :(

Just seen this. So it's a Spanish crowd, and (I believe) the only black player on the pitch has loads of stuff thrown at him. Hmmmm.

Keita and Alves were also in the pitch but stuff was thrown to the pitch irregardless of player color, tbf. The atmosphere was very heated and Bilbao fans have a story of object throwing. San Mamés can be a pretty nasty place, a friend of mine claims that he was peed upon from the higher stands when he went there as an away fan. :lol:

Plus call Bilbao fans "Spanish" at your own risk :p

Fair point!